Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    I saw Cher in concert this week. I really enjoyed it. I loved the crowd and as always she has her share of gays. It was a striking difference in ages of the couples I saw. The MAJORITY were one older and one younger. Very noticeably. Not just random but a striking majority. Has this now become mainstream? Is this the true new trend? Is it just that the tickets are expensive and mostly successful couples can afford them?

  2. Is an openly gay kid going to take home the prize? I hope so. He is an amazing performer and he has nailed about every performance he has made on there.

  3. Guest shebavon
    Started by Guest shebavon,

    The article by Larry Kramer, covers much more than just this question, but I thought it would be a catchy title. It is more about the lack of coverage of Gay Life throughout history in general. From the Huffington Post. No, there was no right word for it that you wanted to use for it if you were doing it. Buggery and sodomy connoted anal penetration and thus were, in many places, punishable by death. That does not mean that men did not know they were gay (to use today's word), know what to do with their cocks, know when they were smitten with other men, know where to go to find them, know what it meant to get violently rejected, or the reverse, fi…

    • 2 replies
    • 2.7k views
  4. Started by TotallyOz,

    I just finished Basketball Jones on my Kindle. I enjoyed it even thought it was not the best written work I have read. It did keep my interest and it was an easy read. I am trying to find other gay themed books of fiction. Any suggestions?

  5. Started by Lucky,

    18 young men, some claiming to be bisexual, joined in on the first Mr. Gay Cambodia contest. The winner was a 19-year old high school student (a late bloomer?). Here's the article from the Phnom Penh Post, which includes a picture of some of the smiling contestants: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/index.php/200...ay-crowned.html

  6. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    I've assumed for a long time that this publication was as dead as its competitors from the golden age of mags. Wrong! I accompanied a friend who needed some medical scans. Unusually, I didn't bring any reading material, and had to dig through the waiting room's supply to occupy the hour. I found no less than two current issues of SEP. Its format is now smaller and it's published every other month. It used to be famous for its fiction. No more. It has turned into a magazine for people old enough to remember its heyday and attached to its external features. No fiction, but lots of art reminiscent of Rockwell and headlines in the original type face. Beyond that,…

    • 0 replies
    • 615 views
  7. Guest lvdkeyes
    Started by Guest lvdkeyes,

    News Headlines Man Kills Self Before Shooting Wife and Daughter Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over Miners Refuse to Work after Death Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant War Dims Hope for Peace If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures Enfield ( London ) Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges Man Struck By Lightning: Faces Battery Charge New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://perezhilton.com/2009-05-19-must-watch-3

    • 1 reply
    • 811 views
  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    This is one trip I have dreamed of for years and want to try it this year. I met some ladies that I befriended in LA who are from Kuwait. They say the gay scene there is great and that I would love the men. So, I'll visit them. While in the neighborhood, I want to visit Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. I have never been to either. Any suggestions on must sees? I am not looking for boys on this trip but to have a real cultural experience.

    • 11 replies
    • 3k views
  10. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    There's a rumor abroad to that effect. It would be SNL's loss. He's one of the very few reasons for watching it. He's routinely referred to as a comedian. I submit that his range is a lot broader than that. He has a small but telling role in "Damages" as a cold, affectless hired gun. He more than holds his own in a show populated almost exclusively by scary characters.

    • 1 reply
    • 895 views
  11. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have the opportunity to see a few shows in Vegas. I have tickets for Cher that I was given by my hotel so that is one night. I want to see Beatles Love and maybe one more. Any suggestions of new things out in the last year that is a must see? What about Chris Angels new production? Any new boys in town I should say hi to ?

  12. Started by Lucky,

    Given that only about 10% of the $787 billion dollars allocated for economic stimulus has been spent so far, am I too cynical for thinking that the hold-up is so the rest of the money can be stolen or otherwise allocated to the usual corporate pigs at the trough? Just asking.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.6k views
  13. The winner of the Eurovision Song contest is a young Norwegian named Alexander Rybak. He wrote the song himself, which I agree deserved to win. Not only is this 23 year old talented but he is hot. Here is the youtube link to his winning performance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfOuulTyj4o...feature=related

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. Started by TotallyOz,

    I saw the final season show of Prison Break and enjoyed it. The show is one of my favorites. The last few episodes I have not been able to keep up with in any way. It just changed things so fast I my mind felt like it was on a roller coaster. Even with that, I enjoyed the season. But, what of the last scene? Does this mean he is leaving the show? Was this the series final episode?

  15. Started by TampaYankee,

    For those with a scientific bent... http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=7603618&page=1 Primate Fossil Could Be Key Link in Evolution Young Female Had Thumbs, Fingernails, May Have Walked By NED POTTER May 16, 2009 Scientists say a 47-million-year-old fossil found in Germany may be a key link to explain the evolution of modern human beings. The fossil, of a young female that probably resembled a modern-day lemur, is described as "the most complete primate fossil ever found." It is small -- with a body about the size of a raccoon -- but it has characteristics that suggest a relationship both to primates and humans. It has, among other things, opposable…

  16. Guest taylorsquare
    Started by Guest taylorsquare,

    I was just reading on wikipedia about the religion of Taoism,prounounced daoism. Its a Chinese religion which accepts everything and everyone freely and "just like flowing water" accepts life and things as the way they are. Im not a believer in God or religious people as such because many are hypocrites. But if i was to be born again i would come back as a Taoist or a buddhist. What about those "'angry" religions such as islam,is it the people that represent a religion or what their book says to believe in. I always feel to be religious is to be at peace with oneselfs and acceptan ce of people,but for some reason around people of certain religions,one bei…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.8k views
  17. Started by TampaYankee,

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/15/4...-_n_204119.html TIJUANA, Mexico — The bodies of four U.S. citizens were found strangled, beaten and stabbed in a van in this border city, two days after they reportedly left their Southern California homes for a night at the Mexican clubs, U.S. officials said Thursday. The victims, ages 19 to 23 years old, were found tied up on Saturday, but their deaths were not reported earlier because they were under investigation, said Fermin Gomez, an assistant state prosecutor in Baja California. U.S. consular officials in Tijuana said the victims _ two men and two women from the San Diego and Chula Vista areas _ were U.S. citizens. …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  18. Guest taylorsquare
    Started by Guest taylorsquare,

    What else can you watch on TV on a Saturday night. Goodlooking 23yo Norway Alex won.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  19. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Fleshbot is hinting that Jude Law may have hired a male escort a few years back to fuck him up the ass with a woman watching while he sang "Onward Christian Soldiers." They say it could also have been Hugh Jackman. http://gay.fleshbot.com/5251687/is-nick-ca...-hollywood-star

    • 6 replies
    • 1.7k views
  20. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ US Man Swims Lake to Meet Suu Kyi By: AFP Published: 8/05/2009 Rangoon - Burmese authorities have arrested an American who swam across a lake to meet opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi and stayed 48 hours in her off-limits compound where she is under house arrest, officials said. State media said the man, identified as John Willian Yeattaw, spent two days at the house in the main city of Rangoon before security forces plucked him from the water as he left at dawn on Wednesday. The man confessed that he had arrived in Rangoon on a tourist visa on May 2, then swam to the compound the following nig…

    • 16 replies
    • 3.4k views
  21. Started by Lucky,

    Is Obama pulling a Bill Clinton and backing off on his promise to repeal the gays in the military policy? Ben Smith at Politico has caught a subtle shift in the language that they are using: Backing off 'Don't Ask' Aravosis has an interesting catch: The White House has subtly shifted from supporting repealing 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' to backing "changing Don’t Ask Don’t Tell in a sensible way that strengthens our armed forces and our national security."

    • 19 replies
    • 2.7k views
  22. Guest taylorsquare
    Started by Guest taylorsquare,

    I dont know how many of you get flu vaccinated every year,but i receive the flu vaccination jab several months before my visit to Thailand. Three weeks after being jabbed with the so called vaccine,I now have the caught the flu anyway. My bones ache and are tired type feeling with runny nose and a cough that wont go away. I honestly wonder if i should ask my Doctor for a refund. They say the dirtiest place is the mouth,not that i do deep kissing but i prefer to take precautions,so being flu vaccinated is something i do yearly same as hep b and hep a. I am worried about the swine flu,but vaccination seems to be a waste of money.

    • 12 replies
    • 2.6k views
  23. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFAa5aet0CI What an absolute idiot this bitch is!

  24. Guest shebavon
    Started by Guest shebavon,

    As Dylan once sang, "Oh the times, they are a-changing. U.S. professor becomes first Jew to win 'Arab Nobel Prize' By Natasha Mozgovaya, Haaretz Correspondent and Haaretz Service Tags: Ronald Levy, King Abdullah http://www.twitter.com/haaretzonline An American professor has become the first Jew to win the King Faisal International Prize in Medicine, popularly known as the "Arab Nobel Prize." Stanford professor Ronald Levy, who heads the university's Oncology department, told Haaretz that as an American Jew married to an Israeli it never crossed his mind that he might win the Saudi-financed competition. "I didn't think there was much chance, a…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  25. Alleged Nazi Demjanjuk Cleared for Deportation By M.R. KROPKO, Associated Press Writer CLEVELAND – A federal appeals court opened the way again Friday for the Justice Department to deport alleged Nazi death camp guard John Demjanjuk to Germany to face 29,000 counts of accessory to murder. The three-judge ruling from the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati denied a stay of deportation for the 89-year-old retired autoworker from his suburban Cleveland home. "We are currently considering legal options including an appeal to the Supreme Court," his son, John Demjanjuk Jr., said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "Given the history of this ca…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.