Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by TampaYankee,

    For your convenience we have have added a Recent Reviews link at the bottom of the Latest Reviews column on the Home Page. It is redundant with the misnamed 'Last Seven Days' link on the top level Reviews page. Enjoy.

  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    I saw a miniseries last week called The Tinman. Having loved the Wonderful Wizard of Oz for many many years, I was happy to see a new movie based in Oz. The miniseries was 3 2 hour episodes each. This Sunday night, they are doing a repeat of it and showing all 3 episodes together. If you have time to watch it, it is an enjoyable story. It reminded me that those that think out of the box are often those with the best ideas. http://www.scifi.com/tinman/?__source=GGL|...c|KWRD006tinman

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  3. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have always been a James Garner since the Rockford Files. Perhaps I am giving away too much of my age there. But, I also enjoyed watching him. I took a night off last week and went to the movie with a girlfriend and she and I chose this movie as we had seem most of the other ones. I really enjoyed the movie and thought it was very cute. It is cute and enjoyable. What I loved most was my new crush. This is the lead actor who was playing with James Garner. His name is Drew Fuller. Hot! http://www.drewfullerfan.com/gallery/album.../agency/002.jpg

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Started by TotallyOz,

    News of the latest gun massacre in a mall is horrible. The 19 year old that committed the act left a suicide note. What a sad day for the people in that area. The BBC had an article on it and said: The incident is the latest in a series of mass shootings in the US, which have reignited the debate in the US about gun ownership. The Supreme Court will consider Americans' right to bear arms early next year for the first time in nearly 70 years. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7130504.stm Do you think this is true? Do you really think there is a debate going on?

  5. Started by Lucky,

    Apparently the New York Times couldn't find out who this escort was, but his distinctive tiger tattoos helped to ID him: http://fleshbot.com/assets/resources/2007/...2_04_tobias.jpg Here's the scoop from fleshbot: You can almost smell the schadenfreude as the New York Times reports on the curious tale of hedge fund manager and television talking head Seth Tobias, who was found floating face down "Sunset Boulevard"-style in the swimming pool of his Florida mansion earlier this year. It seems that Tobias led a lavish lifestyle which included $35,000 mortgage payments and $500 monthly cable bills ... not to mention lashings of drugs and strippers, at least according to th…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.5k views
  6. Started by flguy,

    Gee, Is Jordann's pic permanently pinned to the top of the home page? I would guess he must be working overtime clicking on his own profile. I thought we were finished with that once the boys from Norfolk Escorts went to jail.

  7. http://partywithbrandon.blogspot.com/2007/...ual-escort.html The actual pageant will be part of Hustlaball Las Vegas=more reason for you guys to attend!

  8. Started by TotallyOz,

    From my earliest memories of my childhood, Evel Knievel was an icon. I watched the stunts he performed with such admiration. Having my first motorcycle when I was in 2nd Grade, luckily I didn't try it all at my home but watching him for me was pure magic when I was a child. CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) -- Evel Knievel, the red-white-and-blue-spangled motorcycle daredevil whose jumps over crazy obstacles including Greyhound buses, live sharks and Idaho's Snake River Canyon made him an international icon in the 1970s, died Friday. He was 69. Knievel's death was confirmed by his granddaughter, Krysten Knievel. He had been in failing health for years, suffering from diabetes a…

  9. Guest Stephan
    Started by Guest Stephan,

    I am in the Big Apple. I have some clients I’ll see but I also have a lot of free time to enjoy the city. Although I have been to the city many times over the years, I have yet to find the best that New York City has to offer. What are some of those hidden gems that you have in the city that are not in the tourist books? Some places I should try? Something I should do to get a more salient taste of the apple? I have been to the major museums but perhaps there are new exhibitions that I should see or a new restaurant I should entertain. Any assistance would be appreciated! Stephan

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Over yonder there is a thread started by "dateaaronmpls" titled, "Aaron in Mpls Introducing Myself." Ab out an hour after NCM2169 (aka eastburbguy) made the post as "aaron" he makes a post as NCM2169 welcoming Aaron, WTF??? btw NCM/Eastburbguy when you want to help out a escort friend it would be a bit more fair to be upfront about what you're doing. And maybe create a secondary photobucket account and maybe not test the new registration login within one minute of your own login LOL I'm certain Aaron is real and I'm just as certain NCM/Eastburbguy intentions are not as honorable as he wants you all to believe. Even Scott Adler was always upfront when introducing his …

    • 13 replies
    • 3.2k views
  11. Guest bigaguy
    Started by Guest bigaguy,

    A little item of interest I found. http://perezhilton.com/?p=9452

    • 13 replies
    • 3.4k views
  12. Started by TampaYankee,

    Just how far can the US $ fall? It is nearing 1.5 $ US = 1 EU. I know this is good for Boeing as Airbus is busting a gut competing in the commercial aircraft market. On the other hand OPEC seems to be growing grumpy about having to warehouse so much worthless paper in their banks. Banks are supposed to hold valuables. It seems some OPEC ministers prefer to measure the cost of oil against a basket of currencies with some value including the EU, YEN and the Peso. Seriously, how far can this go before it has serious repercussion on Mainstreet? INquiring minds want to know.

    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  13. Started by Gaybutton,

    Cities Cracking Down on Saggy Pants By MATTHEW VERRINDER, Associated Press Writer Sun Sep 16 It's a fashion that started in prison, and now the saggy pants craze has come full circle — low-slung street strutting in some cities may soon mean run-ins with the law, including a stint in jail. Proposals to ban saggy pants are starting to ride up in several places. At the extreme end, wearing pants low enough to show boxers or bare buttocks in one small Louisiana town means six months in jail and a $500 fine. A crackdown also is being pushed in Atlanta. And in Trenton, getting caught with your pants down may soon result in not only a fine, but a city worker as…

    • 1 reply
    • 3.7k views
  14. Since folks on "the other site"have got it all wrong I thought I would give y'all the straight shit on the demise of the beloved Hustler bar/restaurant in WeHo flormerly known as Numbers. Numbers for years was located on Sunset-this period is remembered very fondly by those of us who visited this institution-the food was ok,parking was a bitch-but the boys could be devine. Then Greenblatts deli which owns the property refused to renew the lease.Bob and Tony(the old owners)relocated to Santa Monica Blvd-it was never really the same. Many folks had problems with the favoritism that the owners showed some of the clientele.Since I was one of the favored it did not bother …

  15. Started by TotallyOz,

    As an undergraduate, I feel in love with Gabriel Garcia Marquez and all his books. The book Love in the time of Cholera is one that stands the test of time and is a true story of love that has no ends and never dies. Sitting there watching the movie was like magic. The story is wonderful but it has been brought to life by a wonderful cast and the great imagination of the crew. I could not leave my seat to pee worried I would miss a scene. This movie is a must see.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  16. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    Thanksgiving rears its wattled head. Time to take the Mapplethorpes down off the walls and replace them with the Rockwells until reality takes hold again after Jan 1. Everybody enjoy! P.S. Words to live by: any Thanksgiving dinner that leaves you conscious is a flop.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.9k views
  17. Started by TotallyOz,

    The Ritz is a play at Studio 54. It is starring Rosie Perez and Ryan Idol. Ryan is hot and actually does a nice job. Remember him? The porn star. He has really gone full circle and I was happy to see him do a nice job in this. The play is old but the laughter is contagious. The premise behind the play for those of you that have not seen it is on his deathbed, an Italian Mafia guy asks his family to kill a guy. The guy is the husband of his only daughter. After the funeral, he hides from him in a gay bathhouse. The cast of characters and the skin of the boys in towels is constant eye candy. I really enjoyed the show. It is currently playing in NYC at Studio 54.

    • 7 replies
    • 2.2k views
  18. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    The series ended this week. Anybody who didn't see it missed a good 'un. It was crowded with heavies representing myriad levels of criminality and sleaze in business, lawyering and policing, and it had more plot twists than Carter had little liver pills. I was enthralled. It was on FX, which I understand doesn't make a practice of repeating series as some other cable channels do. Pity. I guess it will eventualy be put out on DVD. A second season is planned.

    • 11 replies
    • 3k views
  19. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    End of November-sounds like fun http://partywithbrandon.blogspot.com/2007/...ent-hodown.html

  20. The singer and DJ Boy George has been charged with false imprisonment after allegedly chaining a male escort to a wall in his flat as a sex slave. The 47-year-old former Culture Club frontman, real name George O'Dowd, was released on bail yesterday and ordered to attend Thames magistrates' court on Thursday of next week. Auden Carlsen, a 28-year-old Norwegian escort, claims he was grabbed and chained up by George and another man after the singer invited him back to his home in Shoreditch, east London, to pose for photographs in April. According to newspaper reports following George's arrest at the time, the Eighties pop icon allegedly produced whips and sex toys and to…

  21. Started by TotallyOz,

    Gay Paree – Madame Ovary's Fagtabulous Guide To Paris, France! Let me be blunt – everyone needs to visit Paris at least once in their lives. From the rich food to the strong coffee to absolutely fabulous architecture, museums and shopping, Paris is one of the best cities in the world to spend your gaycation. You'll find that there is almost no homophobia, a huge and growing gay community and all of the best fashions, all in one ancient and beautiful city! The Paris gay scene is just as slutty as New York or San Francisco, but the aesthetics are a little different. You won't find many, if any, muscle bound Chelsea boys, but you will discover a lot of bears and many…

  22. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    This November holiday of indeterminate date bears a moment's reflection. It is fading fast from public consciousness and deserves a better fate. I see it as a celebration of American ingenuity that also has deep resonance for anybody who has ever considered extreme measures to land a man. The link is for the benefit of uninitiates: http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadie_Hawkins_Day

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  23. Guest PWIT
    Started by Guest PWIT,

    I'm sure I would have paid more attention in college if...... http://pcdnv4.xtube.com/watch_video.php?cv...;cl=jglkTSUSUp_

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    Madame Ovary's Gay Travel Guide For Florida Buccaneers! Hello again my darling divas, delicious drag queens, fabulous fags and kinky twinks! It's Madame Ovary again, cumming back to tell you more about the most fagtabulous cities for any great gaycation! Today, I'm going to tell you about Tampa – or as I call it, Tampa Gay – a small gem of queer culture in Southern Florida. Tampa is the Native American word for “sticks of fireâ€� - and the city itself is full of plenty of flaming dicks! While highly closeted for years, Tampa has recently started to come out of the closet and there are now plenty of queerific things and people to do when you get your cute litt…

  25. Guest Stephan
    Started by Guest Stephan,

    Hi OZ... will you do it again ? I just signed up the other day and I might have to start training for it.... Any tips ? Any one out there interested to participate in the AIDS Ride ? It looks like fun and it is for a great cause. Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 2.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.