The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I have always wanted to learn about Muay Thai. I have been fascinated with it since my first visit to Thailand. So, I enrolled as a student for a month at a gym. Getting to the facility today, I know I was in for a hard four weeks. It was very rustic and that is being generous. It is all outside and the place has been around for years. The wear and tear of the place is evident. It has a nice reputation and the boxers that work there are all champions in their own right. To start the first day, we got into a truck, Thai style. That is, we all hopped into the back of the truck. All in all, there were around 14 of us. All were foreigners except the boyfriend. The…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Over the years, I've become pretty disinterested in my running subscription to both Out Magazine and The Advocate. Both have become shadows of their former selves and I find very little of interest among the shallowness that clogs most of the pages of those publications. I'm not sure why I continue to subscribe except that Out was important to me in teaching me a bit about gay culture as I began the process of coming out myself. So, maybe I feel obligated to keep paying them for a subscription. But, I digress. This month's Out directed me to a health and fitness section that has begun operating on the RandyBlue porn site. The fitness model who is featured, Pete Adonis r…
-
Spent over an hour writing up a review for an escort, only to get to the preview part and discovering that even though my encounter took place in MY city ( where the system had asked me to list), the escort is not from MY city- so when i previewed, i was asked to select an escort from MY city- (he has a MER profile) which he is not listed in! Help appreciated!
-
I am not sure what will happen on the day that many say will reveal the final nominees of each party. I am guessing that Clinton's team has prepared well for this event and she will take many of the states but I would not be shocked to see the Obama campaign pull out many surprises and do better than most expect. On the Republican side, I do think McCain has the momentum. Romney may pick up some states as well but I think Jonn McCain will be the victor in the majority of the states. I hated to see Edwards leave the race. The longer he was in, the more I liked him. I also wonder if Nader will once again join the race. He has said that since Edwards dropped out that …
-
- 13 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
Coming back from travel on NWA, I my point of first destination was Detroit. I have been stopped when I come back from Thailand or Asia on every occasion bur never from Europe. I always plan time for them to search my bags and everything I own. I did the same this time. However, this time I asked for a supervisor and he came over. I asked if I was on a list and he said, I have no idea. I said why wouldn’t you tell me if I am on a list. He said, “You know the answer to that question.” I said, “No, I actually don’t.” He walked away. After 40 min of checking my luggage and my computers, they took my computers from the open area behind into a secure invisible room I…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
I have to admit that I'm not much for reality TV. But, the Bravo show "Make Me A Supermodel" really has me hooked. I tuned in to see Chicago's own Boystown beauty and total sweetheart of a guy Ronnie Kroell. Those of us who have seen Ronnie grow up over the past few years, first as a skinny ID checker at the door of Mini Bar and then blossom into this gorgeous hunky guy, just can't help but cheer for him in the weekly competition. Of particular interest is his developing relationship with another gorgeous male contestant who is a self proclaim straight married man. Those who know Ronnie know that his totally sweet personality is every bit s attractive as his dashingly g…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
I was talking with a guy today from Australia and he was on holiday. We were talking about his work and he said no one knew he was gay at work and he does not date when he is home. He is in his 50's and travels often. I didn't come out till I was 27 and when I did, I was working in law firms in New York. Everyone at the firm knew I was gay and I never had any problems or issues with it. Although, New York is very open in most areas and easy to be gay. It got me to thinking about how far we have come and yet still there is a stereotype that many have against guys. Laws are currently being passed that are anti-gay in many states. Some states still have laws on t…
-
The link takes you to a review of a new book proving that the uphill struggle goes on to make Milton seem, if not interesting, at least human. One thing this review has done is make me wonder, for the first time in my life, how Charles Diodati was hung. http://books.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,,2242988,00.html
-
- 11 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
Having been to Carnival several times over the last few years, I found this New York Times article interesting. Brazil is known by many as the plastic surgery capital of the world. Perhaps this article tells why this is true. I know that many of my Brazilian friends who don't live in Brazil return there for this event and they really prepare hard for it by dieting, shopping, etc. It is an event that many want to show the world the best they have. RIO DE JANEIRO — It was the last rehearsal of the Vila Isabel samba school at the famed Sambadrome, and Natalia Guimarães, Miss Brazil 2007, wondered if she was truly ready for Carnival. She surveyed the high-energy sam…
-
- 1 reply
- 900 views
-
-
So, has anyone else seen this yet? I must confess that I wasn't quite sure what to think of it when it was over. It struck me as part Godzilla and part Blair Witch Project with a little bit of Aliens thrown in. There were parts of the movie that absolutely scared the crap out of me. I was a little disappointed that the monster was NOT Godzilla, but it was creepy enough in its own right. What did you think?
-
- 8 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
If you find academic economics interesting(and who doesn't?), this is a fun read: http://economics.uchicago.edu/pdf/Prostitution%205.pdf Or, for those who're pressed for time, read a short article about the above here: http://www.economist.com/finance/displayst...ory_id=10533877 Cheerily, Ben http://www.maleescortreview.com/index.php?...rt_id=106010112 http://www.men4rentnow.com/ds/search.asp?c...mp;Login=Ben_LA
-
Historically, has it ever happened that a candidate who did not campaign in the primaries or caucases ever throw his/her hat into the ring for Presidential candidate at the Party Convention?
-
Ain't free enterprise wonderful? Ditto many things that come out of the Rhode Island School of Design. (Double-ditto Gov. Sebelius, a Democrat who appears able to fight back the tide of far-right wingnuts without alienating moderate Republicans.) Wonder -- do jokes about situational homosexuality advance straight people's acceptance of and comfort with gay people? Or do they move things backward in insidious ways? Or can a joke be just a joke? Son of Kan. Governor Creates Board Game TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — The son of Gov. Kathleen Sebelius is peddling a board game titled "Don't Drop the Soap," a prison-themed game he created as part of a class project at the Rhode Island…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
http://www.observer.com/2008/bzzzzzzzzzzzz...mmm-oh-oh-oh-oh I'm not sure whether to believe this article. If it's made up, it's enviably clever. I don't think it makes reference to gay sex, but I was laughing hard enough to lose my place several times, so I can't say for sure. If these things do exist and anybody who reads these forums has tried one, please tell us about it. I'm consumed by curiosity.
-
The fellas at Blue Moon resort and Brandon Baker at rentboy.com have worked together and are going to be hosting a fantastic after-party at the Blue Moon-The ONLY clothing optional(and the only gay)hotel in Las Vegas! They are going to tent the pool(which will be heated) and the pool area. This party is a change from previous years-there was always a pre party evnt and then some after party event at one of the bars.Brandon is also trying to have Hustlaball more of a stand alone event rather than a party for the Adult Video convention. A lot of talent has signed up for this event and I am soooooooo looking forward to this. Some of you have asked about ticket prices-so …
-
My busy busy pal Brandon Baker has been realllllly busy thinking up some great events for the next couple of months-the boy is a dynamo(and a cute sexy beast as well ) here is a list-more will be added I am sure. The one and only Mardi Gras in New Orleans at the Bourbon Pub January 31 to February 6 The Cybersocket Web Awards February 6 at Ritual in Hollywood XBiz Hollywood February 6 to 8 in at the Roosevelt Hotel Hollywood A GayVN Awards Pre-Party Feburary 16 in San Francisco at EndUp. The GayVN Awards at the Giftcenter Pavillion in San Francisco A GayVN Awards Post-Party with all the details to be determined. The second annual RentBoy.com Escort Awards on Ma…
-
Gore, U.N. body win Nobel Peace Prize By DOUG MELLGREN, Associated Press Writer Former Vice President Al Gore and the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize Friday for their efforts to spread awareness of man-made climate change and lay the foundations for counteracting it. "I am deeply honored to receive the Nobel Peace Prize," Gore said. "We face a true planetary emergency. The climate crisis is not a political issue, it is a moral and spiritual challenge to all of humanity." Gore's film "An Inconvenient Truth," a documentary on global warming, won an Academy Award this year and he had been widely expected t…
-
I don't like posting threads linking to other threads but this one really moved me. Please take a moment and read it. http://www.democraticunderground.com/discu...dress=221x63803
-
- 0 replies
- 913 views
-
-
For those that haven't heard or followed the DNC's catfight with some in the Gay Community here is a recent Washington Blade Editorial for some insight. What happens when one party takes a group for granted? Wonder how many of our Gay friends STILL praise Howard Dean? http://washblade.com/2008/1-18/view/editorial/11894.cfm
-
- 7 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
Obama won a very decisive victory last night over Clinton and Edwards. Do you think this is the beginning of a major change for the election? Does he have what it takes to pull off more wins on Feb. 5th? I think the Clintons have the infrastructure for the Feb 5th debate but I wonder who big a victory this was for Obama and how that can carry over into the other elections. I wonder if the Democratic side will go down to the wire at the Convention. For the Republicans, I wonder the same. I also think the media is controlling this election. Wrong?
-
- 7 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Movies and popcorn to boot. http://www.amctheatres.com/promos/showcase/
-
- 0 replies
- 814 views
-
-
A young man with so much promise.Who had already accomplished so very much in his young life. This saddens me more than I can comprehend. Another bright light,a true actor,has been extinguished. RIP
-
- 9 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
By Maria Cramer Globe Staff / January 26, 2008 Tall and reed thin, Mark Snyder speaks in a soft, delicate voice and uses mannerisms he describes as effeminate. Snyder said he always felt comfortable being himself and walking hand in hand with his boyfriend around Boston, a city he described as much more tolerant of gays and lesbians than his hometown in rural Pennsylvania. But the stabbing death of his friend, 20-year-old Daniel Yakovleff, a gay hairstylist from Roxbury, has caused Snyder to question how safe he is. Police say Yakovleff's Jan. 17 death is under investigation, and they have released no information about motive or suspects. But his death has sent a chi…
-
- 0 replies
- 852 views
-
-
In West Hollywood, I will be there-hope some of you show up also Great way to meet some of the local boys up close and personal. http://partywithbrandon.blogspot.com/2008/...com-friday.html
-
- 1 reply
- 957 views
-
-
Yes ... I do believe it is. So I posted this heart throb's photo in the Europe forum because I plan to find him when I make a trip to ST. Petersburg to get him... But yup. F4F got some hotties, for sure! http://www.flirt4free.com/images/models/samples/2110.jpg