Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by BigK,

    I loved this movie. The use a music throughout was inspired. I found the following review on Netflix (where you can view the movie on line with your Netflix membership) much better written than I could ever do: "Excellent! The first gay movie I've seen in a long time that deals with an important and overlooked theme - the father/gay son relationship. THE SUM OF US (w/ Russell Crowe as the gay son) does, but I found that to be more of a sit-com. I loved C.R.A.Z.Y. because I felt it was one of the truest late 20th century, pre-AIDS coming of age/coming out movies I have EVER seen. Honest, wickedly funny, irreverent, poignant, and often surprising. Probably I am biased b…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/29/us/polit...amp;oref=slogin The Times has weighed in. I've been saying it for months. If Obama gets the nomination the Reps will go after him in earnest. He will be pounded to a paste with more lying accusations and insinuations than he can fight off. By election day a significant segment of the electorate will be convinced, or at least deeply suspicious, that he is a closet Muslim, a pawn of Bin Laden whose best pals are terrorists. Of course, Nader will add his ray of sunshine. The Dems who have given Obama the nomination will react true to form to the whole situation with a lot of serious thumb-sucking and soft whimpering. The…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.8k views
  3. Guest BewareofNick
    Started by Guest BewareofNick,

    I don't normally ask for advice on online forums, but most of you I have "known" for a while and some of you have had a great deal more experience with a lot of situations than I have, so here I am asking. I have a 22 yo son that was addicted to meth in 2004. I was very naive about it at the time. Yes, he was acting strangely but i didn't know what to attribute it to. He eventually came to me and admitted he had a problem. We got him some help and he was clean for about a year. Recently, he began acting strangely on occasion, and it reminded me of his beahvior during his addiction days, so I decide to do a little investigating. A search of his room revealed several…

    • 32 replies
    • 5.1k views
  4. Guest Ice
    Started by Guest Ice,

    My name is Ice and I want to say hi to everyone and thank you very much for having a site like this. I would like to say hi to all the Hobbiest and lets all play with respect and love. Ice

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. Jesse Santana posted this over at partywithbrandon.com. Very well written-and very well stated. Nonetheless it will break a few hearts here at MER Thursday, February 21, 2008 Pornstar / Escort Pornstar / Escort Where to Draw the Line Escort, model, pornstar...these are simply job titles, all of which should be respected in their own right, but not to be confused. Individual pornstars may also have separate job titles. Some are doctors, some are teachers, some are bartenders, waiters, dancers, professional ice skaters, Olympic swimmers, and some...are escorts. But more often than not, most pornstars have to struggle under the consistent assumption that all porn mod…

  6. Guest twinklover
    Started by Guest twinklover,

    >So I am wondering why these guys bother putting ads up if >they do not want the buisiness? Good question. I check out Craigslist in SF fequently because you never know when some cute new guy will put up an ad. Once in a blue moon I score. Recently there's been a big backlash to the phony trashy escorts posting every day in SF. Their ads are flagged and there's been public complaints about the frauds and flagging. It's funny seeing these old frauds try to defend their out-of-date pics and misrepresentations. But it wouldn't be funny at all if you're a business traveller and don't know all the phony/misleading ads. Be VERY CAREFUL with anything you may find on C…

    • 27 replies
    • 5.5k views
  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    Looks like this season will have some interesting twists that the producers did not find out about. http://dirtyboyvideo.com/promo/1066-1067/index.html

  8. Started by TotallyOz,

    One place I have always wanted to visit is Cuba. I am hopeful that this new turn of events will allow that to happen. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/20/world/am...nyt&emc=rss

    • 1 reply
    • 958 views
  9. Got an Email from a craiglister yesterday "Still Want to hire me" Listed were about 100 clients names and email addies! This is the same one who kept emailing me after I had given him my phone# and told him I would not have email access. I just don't think craigslist is for me

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  10. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    What a fun weekend! I flew to San Franciso on friday and attended the Falcon Party,lots of talent-far outnumbered by industry folks.I guess I should watch more porn-I have no idea who any of these folks are A fun ride to Fishermans Wharf for dinner(5 of us in a beemer convertible-including Jason Curious-watch for his new website Urine Nation.com )for dinner-where I was surrounded by fun friends-some of which just happen to be gorgeous) then a quick ride to my hotel and onto the rentboy.com pre GAYVN awards party at the endup=where I met newbie poster Eurythmic Thrust and friend. Again tons of cute guys-lots of twinks with many hunks showing up after the Colt party…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.9k views
  11. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    Rentboy.com 's resident marketing genuis Brandon Baker is hosting this years Escort of the year award in West Hollywood at Rage nightclub on March 22nd-so you can have a truly memorable easter egg hunt! This is a really big event-and I will let my fellow MERmen know as soon as tickets go on sale. Brandon will also be having a party on Sunday at yet to be disclosed location. At least one frequent poster to this board will be joining me at this great event,and I hope lots of you will join us as well. Great chance to see some of the boys up close and chat with them. I will try and pin Brandon(yum)down on tix and other info tomorrow-he is has just returned from SF. and…

  12. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/19/sports/b...amp;oref=slogin Screw the article. Concentrate on the shot. Don't they look like they're about to announce their civil union? Be still, my heart!

    • 0 replies
    • 866 views
  13. Guest StevenDraker
    Started by Guest StevenDraker,

    If you find yourself in Buenos Aires I'd like to recommend a great place for upscale dining, entertainment and Tango dances in a unique decor - a train station in B.A. ... remember the movie 'Evita'? Without revealing more, here is the website for more details, location and information. http://www.elbarracas.com.ar/en/index.htm The place has just opened this past December. We had a very interesting conversation with the owners after the show. I wish them good luck!

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Guest EurythmicThrust
    Started by Guest EurythmicThrust,

    I've heard mention of this party for next month, including an afterparty held by a fellow named Oliver- could someone elaborabe on this event if they have (or will) attend?

    • 12 replies
    • 3.1k views
  15. Guest EurythmicThrust
    Started by Guest EurythmicThrust,

    Hello all, I've been lurking behind the scenes for a few months now while getting a "feel" for the site and the forum. Have many thoughts to share as an "outsider" which I will delve into later. I'm, joining now though to hopefully give some perspective from the potential new members who may also want to sign up. I registered for a free membership today because up till now, I was able to view the "stat sheet" of an escort; still thumbnails, but i could find out if he smoked, kissed, travel radious, etc. As of today, i can no longer do that, so i was forced to register sooner than i had planned. While I eventually was going to register anyway, having an option taken aw…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.1k views
  16. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    This is a clear throwback event that could interest gays of a certain age in the mood for nostalgia or younger ones looking for a You Are There moment. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/nyregion...amp;oref=slogin

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  17. Guest havan
    Started by Guest havan,

    Always been a sucker for pretty young guys and when I saw my first Bel Ami pics I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. But even beauty like that can become predictable. I can't seem to completely turn off my big head even when pleasuring my small one. Anyway, that's why I've become fascinated with BrokeStraightBoys.com The premise is that a guy in Ft. Lauderdale talks these straight guys into coming back to his "studio" for a paid jack off scene for the internet. Though they've agreed to jack off for his camera for $100 there's ALWAYS some kind of scheduling conflict... Since he seems to have double booked would the two guys be willing to jack off at the same time f…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  18. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    I suppose there's as much reason to rejoice as to deplore, but after all the initial huffing and puffing I expected something more than this dull thud. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/14/washingt...amp;oref=slogin

  19. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    The next time you hear any member or defender of this administration go on about how imprtant it is to support our troops, think of this article and the treatment our troops can really expect from those who sent them to the slaughter. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/13/nyregion...amp;oref=slogin Oh, and those who will hasten to claim this is a fluke, contact me. I have this bargain on a bridge.

    • 1 reply
    • 923 views
  20. In talking with the fabulous Brandon Baker last night at Hamburger Mary;s I learned that I will be in Europe during the weekend he is planning the rentboy.com pool party It is planned for April 12th at the Helios Resort. This was sooooooooo much fun last year and I had planned to host a brunch the next morning for the boys this year=well so much for that idea. Fellas-let me tell you that this was sooooo hot and such a great opportunity to meet up with some of the hottest guys in the biz. So even though I will not be in attendance you might want to plan to be there that weekend-it will be a weekend you will never forget! Here is my report from last years event. htt…

  21. Started by TotallyOz,

    I met a guy who had just traveled all around Asia. He is now in Thailand studying Muay Thai. He was in Burma for a month. He has just gotten out of the Israeli Army and taking a long deserved holiday. He said that of all the places he has visited, and he has been to just about every country in Asia, that Burma was the most friendly. This took me by surprise and he said that often he was the lone tourist and he felt perfectly safe there and loved the country. I would not visit Burma as I don't want my money going to support the military there. But, has anyone else been there? Liked it?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  22. Guest njjim
    Started by Guest njjim,

    Visiting Athens early March. (I know its not Thailand, but) any updates on bar, saunas, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim

    • 0 replies
    • 2.4k views
  23. Started by TotallyOz,

    I guess I believe in love but not sure about the typical sense of one True Love. I have loved many over the years and it seems I still have room in my heart for more. I did find that the more heartache I have experiences the less willing I am to give love a try. I have had the same BF in Thailand for 4 years now. We are not monogamous as he is not even gay, according to him. He likes ladyboys as they are called in Thailand or TV in other places. I have been with him a couple off weeks now and every night he tells me that he loves me. I am not good with saying it back and often feel bad that I don't. I do think he loves me and I do love him. It is not the googoo g…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    For years, I have taken to the sky and to the trains for adventure and enjoyment. Last year, I decided I would try to settle down in NYC. It was a lovely idea but one that was not well thought out or planned. I had forgotten how much I hated cold weather and walking outside and my eyes tearing up from the cold. I took an amazing apartment, which I loved. The place was 10 times the size of the last place I had in NYC. I had a balcony that was about 1200 square feet big on the back and another large one on the front. There were 2 huge bedrooms and 2 nice bathrooms. It was everything I wanted in a place. I set out to furnish it and I had fun with that. I picked my…

  25. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    If anybody will be in NY between now and April, the refurbished Morgan Library has an exhibition of 16th-century Italian drawings. From the Uffizi, no less. For those who haven't yet seen it, the refurbishment is a show in its own right. The drawings, if you're interested in that kind of thing, are a must-see. Enjoy!

    • 7 replies
    • 1.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.