The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
OUT Magazine has an article in it's lastest edition about the Bryan Kocis murder. Very interested reading. Here is the link to the article: http://www.out.com/detail.asp?id=22865
-
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
-
-
It will be interesting to see how the Iraqi government will bring them to trail as they don't have any authority over them according to Congressional Research service. BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The Iraqi government will file criminal charges against employees of U.S. security firm Blackwater who are blamed for a gun battle in Baghdad in which civilians were killed, an Iraqi Interior Ministry official said Sunday. It is unclear how Iraqi courts will attempt to bring the contractors to trial. A July report from the Congressional Research Service said the Iraqi government has no authority over private security firms contracted by the U.S. government. The Iraqi government cl…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I have read this before and I have been saying that jerking off and regular sex is very healthy and will help with mental disease, health issues, stress, etc. Now, the BBC agress with me. Finally, studies are being done. Here is the story: Men could reduce their risk of developing prostate cancer through regular masturbation, researchers suggest. They say cancer-causing chemicals could build up in the prostate if men do not ejaculate regularly. And they say sexual intercourse may not have the same protective effect because of the possibility of contracting a sexually transmitted infection, which could increase men's cancer risk. Australian researchers questioned ov…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Alice Ghostley, the Tony Award-winning actress best known on television for playing Esmeralda on "Bewitched" and Bernice on "Designing Women," has died. She was 81. Ghostley died Friday at her home in Studio City after a long battle with colon cancer and a series of strokes, longtime friend Jim Pinkston said. Ghostley made her Broadway debut in "Leonard Sillman's New Faces of 1952." She received critical acclaim for singing "The Boston Beguine," which became her signature song. Miles Kreuger, president of the Los Angeles-based Institute of the American Musical, said part of Ghostley's charm was that she was not glamorous. "She was rather plain and had…
-
(AP) Marcel Marceau, who revived the art of mime and brought poetry to silence, has died, French media reported Sunday. He was 84. France-Info radio and LCI television said the family had announced the death of Marceau. No other details were released. Wearing white face paint, soft shoes and a battered hat topped with a red flower, the world-famous Marceau played the entire range of human emotions onstage for more than 50 years, never uttering a word. Offstage, he was famously chatty. "Never get a mime talking. He won't stop," he once said. A French Jew, Marceau survived the Holocaust - and also worked with the French Resistance to protect Jewish children. …
-
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Thought this was a funny story.... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070918/ap_on_...trolley_acronym So Greg, let us know if you ride the SLUT!
-
- 4 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
The other day I spent time with someone whom I should probably spend either more time with, or less. More verse, but in (maybe) a lighter key than last time. One Art Elizabeth Bishop The art of losing isn't hard to master; so many things seem filled with the intent to be lost that their loss is no disaster. Lose something every day. Accept the fluster of lost door keys, the hour badly spent. The art of losing isn't hard to master. Then practice losing farther, losing faster: places, and names, and where it was you meant to travel. None of these will bring disaster. I lost my mother's watch. And look! my last, or next-to-last, of three loved houses went. The…
-
- 9 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
Having spent a great many times on planes from Bangkok to Phuket and from Pattaya to Phuket, I am saddened by those whose lives were touched by this tragedy. Oz At Least 88 Killed as Plane Crashes in Thailand BANGKOK, Sept. 16 — A low-fare airline carrying many foreign tourists crashed in heavy rain, broke into pieces and burst into flame on Thailand’s resort island of Phuket on Sunday, killing at least 88 of the 130 passengers and crew on board. http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/0...nd-thai_600.jpg For Full article go here: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/17/world/as...nyt&emc=rss
-
- 1 reply
- 1.6k views
-
-
SEA CLIFF, N.Y. -- A Miami woman who was a former contestant on the reality show "Top Chef" was beaten by attackers yelling anti-gay slurs, her lawyer said Tuesday. Josie Smith-Malave, a lesbian who was featured on Season 2 of the Bravo channel show, was among a small group of women asked to leave a Sea Cliff bar over Labor Day weekend, lawyer Yetta Kurland said. About 10 young people followed the women out and began screaming anti-gay epithets, spitting on them and then beating them, Kurland said. The women, who had been on Long Island to attend a friend's birthday party, suffered bruises, and one received injuries to her head. One of them had a camera taken in the att…
-
- 6 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
Anyone in the NYC area interested in a get together at a local eatery? We did this once a few years back and it was a lot of fun. Do we have enough for a group? If so, where should we meet?
-
A new site is live called Drag.com. It just came live on the net and I would appreciate any input you may have on it. It is a soft opening and not a huge launch. We are working out the kinks in it. But, the code that was written for it, if it is good, may be used to enhance this site. Please check it out. http://www.drag.com Oz
-
- 0 replies
- 1k views
-
-
Looks like Harry Potter is growing up. He has said that he needed to shock the world to get the image of good Harry Potter out of everyone's minds and he has decided to do a play in which he is nude for a scene. The controversy is just beginning I am sure. The play opens in London this month. http://www.theatre.com/photos/3005734.jpg
-
- 26 replies
- 5.1k views
-
-
I think I have made clear my stance on personal choices and that does include smoking weed, drug use, assisted suicide, and barebacking. I have never really steered far from this. I recently met a guy who is HIV and has anal warts. He is having unsafe sex with others and does not disclose either to them. He asserts that anyone having sex should be aware of these things and the risks involved. I do agree with him. However, there is no way I would even intentionally make someone else sick. I do draw a line and I do think that as a HIV negative individual I need to have full knowledge of the things I do and the risks involved in those decisions. I don’t expect someo…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I have always been humbled and amazed when I hear his voice. I remember the first time I saw him, I had chills. He was a true legend. He will be missed!
-
- 3 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
Not exactly Southern Decadence or B&B but something to take our minds off it who aren't there... The 50 Worst Cars of All Time http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/art...1657662,00.html
-
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
-
-
A huge success for New Orleans! It was very hot and very humid huge thounderstorms almost every day in mid-late afternoon. It was incredibly crowded at ground zero-Bourbon and St. Ann.Hot/not so hot/very unhot guys everywhere.Oz had some great dancers,Bourbon Pub had fewer than they shoud have.Madrigals turned into a male strip club again for the weekend(only the weekend-back to a tittie bar today) Corner pocket was fun-lots of cute trashy fun. I had the good fortune to meet up with the fantasticly generous Brandon Baker(partywithbrandon.com) The firey Rusty(reallyrusty.com)the boy with a photographic memory,Angel Benton (angelbenton.com)Brandons naughty/nice BF Fabr…
-
- 12 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
The annual festival is getting closer and closer. Is there going to be anyone on here that is headed up there? If you have never been, it is one of the most amazing weekends, you will ever have! http://www.bbcm.org
-
- 4 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
I guess they live by the motto-:If at first you don't succeed(or your stupid ,busy body,time and money wasting ideas are shot down by the courts)try,try again. This also might be shot down-but the Supreme court has a more right leaning slant to it since the last time this was shot down. If you like looking at pictures of naked/near naked people please act on this. http://www.thetaskforce.org/activist_cente...to_section_2257
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
I leave NYC for a few years and return to go to one of my favorite dance clubs in Queens and low and behold it is now a tittie club? What the fuck happened? Some great nights were had there. Did the place move? Is there anything left in Queens or did everything move to NYC. A tittie bar?
-
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
I flew into JFK yesterday to be met by a VERY long line waiting for taxi's. The guys that work the airport even changed prices and it was 30 a head to go to Manhattann and they were putting 2 or 3 in each car. Even with that, the line was a few hours to wait. I called a taxi service to pick me up to get out of this mess. Aparently, the drivers are on a slow down or strike. Here is an article I read on it today. If you are flying into the city be prepared. http://www.workers.org/2007/editorials/taxi-0913/
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
In one day, Apple showed off its new line of toys. The new stuff looks great and I'm excited to get my hands on the new Nano. They lowered the price of the IPhone 200. I can honestly say it is the best gadget I've ever owned. Now it is a reasonable price.
-
- 0 replies
- 925 views
-
-
My friends Brandon Baker of rentboy(partywith brandon.com)and David at Outbound Tours have just announced the rentboy.com cruise for 2008. http://partywithbrandon.blogspot.com/2007/...ruise-2008.html This is sooooooo cheap!And includes 3 night at the historic Hotel Montelone! Early days I know-but I wanted to give my frinds here at maleescortreview.com first dibs on the best cabins.
-
- 0 replies
- 1k views
-
-
http://www.boomboomroom.com/ocmail.gif (I'm not sure how to post images on this site anymore like you used to be able to do.) The famous Boom Boom Room / Coast Inn in Laguna Beach is closing on Sept 3. It's sad because it is such an historic landmark for the community. If you are in the area, you shoud definitely stop by this coming Labor Day weekend. There will be a nice closing party that lasts 5 days with a lot of hot dancers and lots of people saying goodbye to the place. Landmark gay bar to close Laguna Beach's Boom Boom Room will shut its doors Sept. 3 after owners fail to reach agreement with landlord. BY CHRISTA WOODALL AND HEATHER IGNATIN THE ORANGE COUN…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
What is this all about? How is it done? (I can see how in a handicap bathroom, but not a reular stall.) Why is it done? I can't understand why in an age of on-line escorts anyone needs this? What is the thrill in this? (I understand the allure of the Mile High Club, but an arport bathroom, no?) Where / when will this end?
-
- 8 replies
- 2.4k views
-