The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
The article isn't the best ever written on the subject, but it makes clear that anybody interested in seeing any trace of what made Manhattan an infinitely fascinating place to grow up in had better hurry. http://www.amny.com/news/local/am-soul1005,0,4510283.story
-
As of 2 PM Eastern time, the CND $ is worth more than the US $. $1 US = $0.999 CND I know that in all my Montreal life, this has never happened before. Anyone know if it's ever happened? Anyone wanting to get out of the very erratic and jittery stock market faces the prospect of turning his or her profit into rapidly diminishing American Greenbacks. On the bright side, at least now there will be motivation for foreign investors to spend money in America. So though we may not own large chunks of our country anymore, at least our trade deficit might improve. Holy shit... did I just say that??? That's like having an empty glass and saying...."No, it's not empty. I…
-
- 14 replies
- 3.5k views
-
-
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/05/washingt...5charge.html?hp It looks like the Republicans are preparing to tear each other to shreds to the delight of all writers of lurid headlines. But I can't help thinking that at some point gays are going to be scapegoated as the villains of the piece for everybody else to dump on.
-
The new Julie Taymor movie is amazing. I loved it from beginning to end. I went with a few younger guys who were so excited to see it and one loved it and the other hated it. I thought that Taymor did an outstanding job with this and I was mesmerized by the songs and the 60's experience. I think there was more than just a few of those in the audience who had smoked a little weed before the show as I smelled it on more than just our group. All in all, the show really did deliver a great time. I was apprehensive at first to see it and the two young lads who were with me were excited. When we exited, there were tears in the eyes of one and matter in the sleepy eyes of…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
I watched a long preview clip of this film today, on www.allmaleonline.com , and tempted to purchase it. However before spending the $20. I'm wondering if anybody here has seen the entire movie and have thoughts about it.?
-
Kucinich speech at Latino Congresso, via MyDD I'm so grateful to be with you this morning. It's such an honor. When I am with this community, I realize the real connection I have, from the heart, (el corazón). It's a connection that transcends the issues, but it connects us to the issues at the same time. When I started my career in politics forty years ago in Cleveland, the Puerto Rican population was growing, and there were a lot of problems between that community and the police. And so when I finally got elected to city council with the help of the Puerto Rican community, the first thing I did was to take a Spanish language course, so that I could better understand …
-
- 0 replies
- 893 views
-
-
-
This is a must see. http://crackle.com/c/Moving_Targets/Sen._C...223789%26o%3D12
-
- 1 reply
- 1k views
-
-
"for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change" I am thrilled that VP Gore has won the Prize. He deserved it and I hope he used the influence gained from it well. I with he would run for President but if his heart is not in it, I hope he stays the fuck away. We have good people who really want the job and I don't want to pressure someone to do a job they don't want to do. Oz http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/l...2007/press.html The Nobel Peace Prize for 2007 The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize…
-
- 0 replies
- 979 views
-
-
Even Bush Can't Keep It Down – Madame Ovary's Guide To Fagulous New Orleans! New Orleans proves that you can't keep a bad girl down! While it got thrashed by one of the worst hurricanes in decades and abandoned by the bitchy Bush Administration, this fabulous southern city is back on its feet and practically screaming, “We're Here! We're Queer! Get Used To It!â€� While much of the South is a bastion of Bible Belt freaks, married men hiding in the closet and fat drunken homophobes, New Orleans is delicious, divine and waiting for you to embrace its charms. So, don't let Katrina or any other bitches keep you away! Get ready to follow the fagtastic Madame Ovary as sh…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
Somewhere in the distance, I can hear Jesus Jones playing "Right Here, Right Now". it appears that 2008 is the new 1992! Dr. James Dobson an Evangelical Christian leader has been hitting the Hannity shows stating his view concerning a third party run if Giuliani, Thompson or McCain were to receive the Republican nomination for President in 2008. When questioned concerning the distinct possibility of a third party run virtually insuring the election of the Democrat nominee which will most likely be Hillary Clinton, Dobson stated that it does not matter because of the reasons he cannot support the candidate mentioned and that a third party run, if backed by Conservative …
-
Even now, at 81 and with her memory beginning to fade, Gloria Donadello recalls her painful brush with bigotry at an assisted-living center in Santa Fe, N.M. Sitting with those she considered friends, “people were laughing and making certain kinds of comments, and I told them, ‘Please don’t do that, because I’m gay.’â€� The result of her outspokenness, Ms. Donadello said, was swift and merciless. “Everyone looked horrified,â€� she said. No longer included in conversation or welcome at meals, she plunged into depression. Medication did not help. With her emotional health deteriorating, Ms. Donadello moved into an adult community nearby that caters to gay men a…
-
- 0 replies
- 935 views
-
-
I have at least one friend who was turned away because of an old DUI. There is a fix-but I do not know how stringent they will be http://www.smartertravel.com/travel-advice...html?id=2439698
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
I'm pretty sure I will not be in line to try this... http://www.theolympian.com/business/story/230414.html
-
- 5 replies
- 2k views
-
-
So, first Billo utters racist remarks on the Factor, now Rxush insults America's brave soldiers. Conway, please commence with your defense of herr Dittohead. Is this just another "smear"? From the September 26 broadcast of Premiere Radio Networks' The Rush Limbaugh Show: LIMBAUGH: Mike in Chicago, welcome to the EIB Network. Hello. CALLER 1: Hi Rush, how you doing today? LIMBAUGH: I'm fine sir, thank you. CALLER 1: Good. Why is it that you always just accuse the Democrats of being against the war and suggest that there are absolutely no Republicans that could possibly be against the war? LIMBAUGH: Well, who are these Republicans? I can think of Chuck Hagel, and I…
-
“Beauty is truth. Truth Beauty. That is all you know on earth and all you need to knowâ€� said John Keats. I think I have lived my life in the pursuit of beauty. Not on me but on others. I love beautiful boys. Always have and I guess I always will. Sometimes this causes me to look the way I should not look. Sometimes, it gets me into a bit of trouble. Sometimes it works out great. I was at the gym and I needed a trainer. How do you think an old whore like me picks a trainer? If you say that I searched through all the credentials of the trainers and picked the one that was best for my needs, you would be right. Well, you would be right in that is probably w…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
"You know, I was up in Harlem a few weeks ago, and I actually had dinner with Al Sharpton, who is a very, very interesting guy, and he comes on The Factor a lot, and I treated him to dinner because he's made himself available to us, and I felt that I wanted to take him up there. And we went to Sylvia's, a very famous restaurant in Harlem. I had a great time. And all the people up there are tremendously respectful, they all watch The Factor. You know, when Sharpton and I walked in, it was, like, big commotion and everything, but everybody was very nice. And I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New…
-
1908: The first production Model T rolls out of the Ford plant on Piquette Avenue in Detroit. The Model T was the first mass-produced automobile in history; approximately 15 million were built during a period lasting nearly 20 years. It achieved exactly what Henry Ford set out to do: to "build a motorcar for the great multitude." While it may be fairly described as the world's first people's car, history has been less kind to the Model T in other regards. Time magazine included the 1909 Tin Lizzy on its list of The 50 Worst Cars of All Time, describing it as "a piece of junk, the Yugo of its day." Nor was the Model T where assembly-line production was introduced, as is…
-
- 0 replies
- 891 views
-
-
-
Did anyone else watch this show tonight? It was a bit stupid but totally entertaining. I love the guy from 6 Feet Under and the totally dysfunctional Darling family. Where do they get this stuff? A family with a priest who has illegitimate children, a Paris Hilton look alike, a horny goddess, a few other odd characters and a few billion dollars thrown together and you get Dirty Sexy Money. Having loved Dynasty years ago, I hope this show is able to grow into itself as I do really like several of the actors. Was the Tranny Candis Cayne?
-
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
I enjoy hiring in different countries as I visit. But, I have not done it in repressive countries like Egypt and Jordan. I am going there in the next month and wonder if anyone has an opinion. There are several ads on Rentboy, Erados, esCupido, and this site. Does this make them a safer hire? MER has an escort profile of a guy listed as Charismatic in Jordan (he also lists on Erados). Any experience with him? Dick
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
And now for something completely different... The Geography of the House (for Christopher Isherwood) by W.H. Auden Seated after breakfast In this white-tiled cabin Arabs call the House where Everybody goes, Even melancholics Raise a cheer to Mrs. Nature for the primal Pleasure She bestows. Sex is but a dream to Seventy-and-over, But a joy proposed un- -til we start to shave: Mouth-delight depends on Virtue in the cook, but This She guarantees from Cradle unto grave. Lifted off the potty, Infants from their mothers Hear their first impartial Words of worldly praise: Hence, to start the morning With a satisfactory Dump is a good omen All our adult…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
abrogate \AB-ruh-gayt\, transitive verb: 1. To annul or abolish by an authoritative act. 2. To put an end to; to do away with. He also knows that failure to secure a clear unionist majority will leave the UUP [ulster Unionist Party] leader vulnerable to those pressing for an assembly manifesto which would effectively threaten to abrogate the agreement. -- "Politeness could not mask gulf within the UUP", Irish Times, May 20, 1998 The Court had made clear that the Federal Government was one of "limited and enumerated powers," Brann said, adding, "One of those powers is not to abrogate a state's immunity in its own courts." -- Linda Greenhouse, "Justices Seem Ready to …
-
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
-
-
I like Aaron, James and Todd. I think James is the hottest. That guy has a great body. I hated to see Chicken leave as I thought he would be a fun character this season. But, he should have stepped up to the plate when they asked his advice. The gay Mormon flight attendant is funny. I kind of though of him when I posted the joke of the day. He has a bit of a swish to his walk, but he looks like he may last a while if he is careful.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
THE GAY FLIGHT ATTENDANT My flight was being served by an obviously gay flight attendant, who seemed to put everyone in a good mood as he served us food and drinks. As the plane prepared to descend, he came swishing down the aisle and told us that "Captain Marvey has asked me to announce that he'll be landing the big scary plane shortly, so lovely people, if you could just put your trays up, that would be super." On his trip back up the aisle, he noticed this well-dressed and rather Arabic looking woman hadn't moved a muscle. "Perhaps you didn't hear me over those big brute engines but I asked you to raise your trazy-poo, so the main man can pitty-pat us on the ground.…
-
- 0 replies
- 970 views
-