Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    With the campaign season kicking off and the candidates working hard to raise funds, some candidates have already dropped out of the race as they have not raised enough money to continue. McCain has had to cut his staff in recent days. Both of the 2 front running Democratic candidates have raised over 30 million in the last reporting period. I am surprised that Obama has been able to keep up with the Clinton machine. Very impressive in my opinion. Does all this money give a gadge of who the party is leaning toward? and who will get the nomination in the end? Of course my favorite candidate has raised very little money and is the only one who is truly for peace imme…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. Guest Conway
    Started by Guest Conway,

    Though those of us in the neighborhood who have been waiting for the opening of the new Whole Foods Market in the brand new GLBT Center on Halsted Street in Chicago for months now are really excited about having the store in our 'hood, the more important aspect of this story is how a major retailer has recognized the value of GLBT customers in its business plans and has formed a joint project with the community which will support the center with an A credit quality tenant which will provide revenues to support programs for gay, lesbian, bi and transgendered youth in our community. This is precisely the kind of quasi-community/business partnerships that the gay community …

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  3. Started by TotallyOz,

    Spending a great deal of time in Thailand, I grew to know Red Bull very well. It orginates there. Also, all the sauna boys in Brazil want one when you get them a drink. Why? Well, now we know. What's Inside: Red Bull Patrick Di Justo Meat Sugar, Caffeine, and Bile! Glucose Like most popular soft drinks, Red Bull is largely sugar water. But don't count on its glucose to "give you wings," as the ad says. Multiple studies have debunked the so-called sugar high. Taurine Also known as 2-aminoethanesulfonic acid, taurine was originally isolated from bull bile in 1827. Now made synthetically, it is the magical elixir said to bring out the kitesurfing extremophile in …

    • 0 replies
    • 928 views
  4. Started by TotallyOz,

    The worst movie that I have seen in a long time is Delta Farce. I was coaxed into seeing this with a friend last night. I was not excited about it but I never walk out of movies. Well, never say never. The comedy was not funny. It was stupid which I expected. But, when you can see scenes with the microphone in the top of the screen to catch sound, you know you are in for a real treat. Am I just getting too old to understand this humor? Or, did anyone actually sit through this movie and enjoy it. I walked out after about 20 minutes.

    • 0 replies
    • 894 views
  5. Guest tweety
    Started by Guest tweety,

    What is the correct thing to do when you encounter an escort who you have previously hired in a public place? Ignore him? Say hi and move on? Initiate a conversation?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.9k views
  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    MOTHER LEARNS LATE IN LIFE TO ACCEPT GAY SON AS HE IS DEAR ABBY: My husband and I raised our two sons and two daughters. One son and both daughters married well. Our other son, "Neil," is gay. He and his partner, "Ron," have been together 15 years, but Neil's father and I never wanted to know Ron because we disapproved of their lifestyle. When I was 74, my husband died, leaving me in ill health and nearly penniless. No longer able to live alone, I asked my married son and two daughters if I could "visit" each of them for four months a year. (I didn't want to burden any one family, and thought living out of a suitcase would be best for everyone.) All three turned…

    • 9 replies
    • 2.2k views
  7. Started by AdamSmith,

    Repeating my query originally posted in a different section here: How does one access one's Inbox with the new forum software? I see one way to send a private message to a member, namely by clicking on the Member menu item above, then clicking on the name of the member to get a drop-down menu that includes the option to send a message. But I don't see how to get to my own Inbox. Details: http://www.maleescortreview.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=1565

    • 16 replies
    • 3.6k views
  8. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    Well I am going to take a chance and head for Southern Decadence this year. This will be my first trip back to New Orleans since before Katrina.i am pretty antsy about this as I know I will cry-but hopefully I will find some distractions from my recherche du temps perdu...

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  9. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    On July 10th the Kathy Griffith show-My Life on the D List-will feature her performance at this years GatVN awards in SanFrancisco. She is hilarious and there is a lot of interaction with the crowd. A don't miss for MERmen!

  10. Started by TotallyOz,

    Show your pride guys! Gay Pride is the hallmark of the modern gay right's movement. It means that we won't take shit from homophobes, straight boys or closet cases anymore! In other words, "We're here! We're queer! Get used to it!" The essential premise of gay pride is that you can't choose your sexual orientation and that sexual diversity is a gift to society. In parades, posters and rallies, gay pride is symbolized by the rainbow flag and the Greek lambda symbol. Some gay rights organizations also use black or pink triangles as symbols, although that is going out of style – if for no other reason than it's so hard to choose an outfit when nothing really goes with p…

    • 0 replies
    • 966 views
  11. Started by TotallyOz,

    The new movie was much darker than the others. It was enjoyable to watch but I just didn't like it as much as the other movies. Harry and the other actors are growing up fast and did an OK job with the movie. I did enjoy all the cool efffects that they did throughout the movie. The first 200 pages of the book were covered in the first 10 min of the movie and a lot was left out but the producers did an OK job with the story. It is wonderful to see the progression of JK's novels change. I am also excited to see the last book in 9 days.

    • 0 replies
    • 867 views
  12. Having gone to law school many years ago, I have always kept an interest in Court decisions. I try to read them as often as I can. This term has produced some really bitting comments from the justices. CNN had a nice article to sum things up. WASHINGTON (CNN) -- One Supreme Court justice says his fellow conservatives are "too dismissive" of government efforts to ensure racial diversity in schools. Another more liberal member says those on the right did "serious violence" to a high school student's free speech rights. And one conservative slams another for "faux judicial restraint." These were some of the heated written exchanges contained in the final decisions hand…

    • 11 replies
    • 2.2k views
  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    Watching all the past shows, I must admit this show is addicting for me. I loved the last season and have been anxious to see the cast members for this season. There are some real hotties in there and of course, there are 2 gay guys. I didn't like the first episode, when asked for pet peeves, the gay hairdresser said "straight people." Perhaps he meant it as a joke. There are some great muscle boys on the show this year as well.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. Started by TotallyOz,

    OK. I admit it. I still check Ben's blog every week hoping that he will write some more. Today, he had a new entry and some very hot eye candy. Some sex boys there! Oz http://www.benjaminnicholas.com/blogger.html

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    Briefly, I logged in yesterday in order to post. I did my thing and logged off. This morning I'm back to the forums, and find that my log off didn't take. I am now able to post on the strength of yesterday's log in, without starting again from scratch and without the top of the page telling me Welcome, though my screen name shows on the bottom of the page as a user. I don't consider this a problem, but I do wonder if I am logged in for life and will never have to go through the exercise again. Is anybody else experiencing the same thing?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  16. Started by TotallyOz,

    Well, having played with mine for a while now, I can honestly say that the gadget is incredible. I have really enjoyed it. First, you don't get your phone number or activate the phone at the ATT store. You only get a box and you hook the phone up to your ITunes and follow the directions to activate the phone, get your number, and choose a plan. I have always done this inside the store but now, with the Iphone it is all on line. The battery has lasted a long time and no issues there. So far I have not ran out of the battery power. I have used it many times and played on the internet with it and it never got low on me. I was in Best Buy with a friend and my phone rang …

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  17. Boy, am I beat. And it's not like I have some crazy life where I'm working three jobs and going to night school. No, I just have one job and a small apartment. I don't even have a pet to look after. Even so, it seems that no matter what I do, there's always more. If they put another eight hours in the day, I might be able to catch up on the laundry list of chores I have, or even just my laundry, if I were lucky. But you know who really gets it done? Homosexuals. I know what you're saying: Brandon, you're just perpetuating the stereotype that homosexuals are superhuman. That is totally not true. All I'm saying is, with their boundless energy and talents, they make us stra…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  18. Guest PWIT
    Started by Guest PWIT,

    When you can, add efficiency to the user experience by reducing the number of clicks to get to information. On the home page or newest photos section, if you select one of the escorts pictures - go directly to that escorts page vice that intermediary page that has partial information. Just a personal preference. Consider a way to save previous settings for searches (possibly in cookies). It is annoying to select continent and country every time. For age range on searches, consider changing to a min max type search like you have for age and weight. Predefined groupings may not be to everyone's taste and you can not select multiples like on other search choices. …

    • 27 replies
    • 4.9k views
  19. Started by AdamSmith,

    Today's helpful hint... How to meet and marry a billionaire Money magazine's field guide to the mating habits of the ultra rich http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19505458/

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    I hope to make it to Mexico to see this amazing exhibit. Has anyone gotten a chance to see it? Among the events celebrating Frida Kahlo is a retrospective at the Palacio de Bellas Artes in Mexico City that continues through Aug. 19, and an exhibition at Museo Frida Kahlo in Coyoacán that runs to Sept. 30. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/07/arts/des...nyt&emc=rss

    • 0 replies
    • 945 views
  21. Started by KYTOP,

    What I found interesting about this and why I post it here is that the article mentions their use of the internet to get clients. It also mentions that those clients could face prosecution. Quote from the article: "The brothel's customers included doctors, lawyers and businessmen, and they, too, could face charges, the district attorney said, in a warning that could make men jittery across Atlanta and beyond. Taylor and her friends are accused of using their Web site to offer their services during visits to Boston, New York, Chicago and suburban Milwaukee." Link to the full story: http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editorial.dll?...&ac=6&ck=&ch=ne

    • 23 replies
    • 3.4k views
  22. Started by flguy,

    It started about 2 days ago, on my laptop I get lots of red X's where pictures and logo's should be. I am on a Sony running Windows XP and using internet explorer. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance.

    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
  23. Started by flguy,

    I'm not really surprised that he hasn't shown even a hair on his head, but where in the world in Benji? Even Skrubber has been almost silent lately. I would think this has to be hurting his business now that he can't come to the boards anylonger. On another note the first named storm of the season is here, time to find someone to cuddle up with to ride it out.

    • 15 replies
    • 2.8k views
  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    They are having a slowdown with employees. Too many flights cancelled and all hotels booked in their major hubs. Their site gives some details of this week but it is much worse than that. Give them time to fix this mess before you board any of their flights.

    • 7 replies
    • 2.2k views
  25. There is a pool party at a private residence this weekend-these are great fun and a good way to meet some talent. http://www.splashpgh.org/ For those of you in the southern US I HIGHLY reccomend the pool party that is planned in Fort Lauderdale next month(July 14th)Not only will ther be lots of local talent but talent from across the US is scheduled to be there-and I am planning on going as well! http://partywithbrandon.blogspot.com/searc...t.%20Lauderdale Private me if you would like to meet up-this will be fun!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.