Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by flguy,

    I have been finding for the past month or so my computer seems to go very slowly on many sites, but MER seems to be one of the worst. It sometimes takes up to a minute to go from one page to another or even back to the previous page. My computer is new and should be speedy, is this my computers fault? I saw someone posted about this in another forum but thought more people might see it here and post a response. Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 1.6k views
  2. Started by eeyore,

    Found this on the web recently - thought it might be of interest. Hotel scam targets credit-card users Marketwatch - February 14, 2007 10:48 AM ET NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- If you're staying in a hotel and receive a "helpful" call from the concierge regarding your credit card, beware. Money magazine reports on a new scam making the rounds, and it targets trusting travelers. The premise is simple enough. During your stay at a hotel, you receive a call from someone claming to be from the front desk. "There was a problem with your credit card," they'll say. "Can you please verify your card number and billing address?" But wait -- won't you know if the call is not comin…

  3. Guest Riptide
    Started by Guest Riptide,

    TROJAN HORSE WARNING..... I thought that I had posted this here last weekend. Turns out it was at another community which I belong to. With all the public record disclosings as of late about this case, search warrant orders for phone and electronic communications, settlement documents between LSG and Cobra, etc., there are many who are uploading this information to any number of venues. There is one creep out there directing people to download and view the settlement terms between Sean and Bryan at www.Limewire.com , under the file name "sean settlement". If you do a search for this file at limewire, you'll find 51 files under this file name. All but three are unrelate…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. Started by TotallyOz,

    I am not sure what it is about Bad Boys but I have always fallen in love with them. If given a choice between 2 equally attractive guys and one is sweet and kind and the other one has a street Bad Boy edge to him, the Bad Boy wins out every time. My current longest boyfriend in Thailand is over 3 years. I met him when I was sitting in an outside café and he walks out with his girlfriend and they were fighting. They were going at it pretty bad when she says was going to kill him. He pulls a gun out of his pants and gives it to her. He holds up his hands and says, “You want to kill me, go ahead, kill me.” I looked at him, and said, “that is my new boyfriend.” He …

  5. Started by TotallyOz,

    I know we get a bum rap at time. Where are all those gay men who offered up great books last week. Why are they never interviewed? http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/117095...ry_in_the_World

  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    Here is my baby. Anyone else got one to share? http://www.maleescortreview.com/dcscript/user_files/1.jpg

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. Guest VoxPennae
    Started by Guest VoxPennae,

    I know I might regret asking this question. Has the Yahoo group Escortspeak bitten the dust? It's been awfully quiet for a while which could mean that the regular denizens are back on their meds or locked up in padded cells.

    • 0 replies
    • 898 views
  8. Guest rendie
    Started by Guest rendie,

    Hi all, Wishing everyone: http://lc.fdots.com/cc/lc/f3/f3aee1faf8988...ba6ce43616a.gif enjoy rendie

    • 1 reply
    • 981 views
  9. Started by TampaYankee,

    [em]Found Floating in Cyberspace...[/em] Sex Behind a Bar In their favorite gay bar, an elderly gay man in a VERY long term relationship leans over and asks his partner, "Do you remember the first time we had sex together over fifty years ago? We went behind this very tavern, where you leaned against the back fence and I did you." "Yes," his partner replies, "I remember it well." "OK," he says, "How about taking a stroll around there again and we can do it again for old time's sake?" "Oh Charlie, you horny old fart, that sounds like a good idea!" An off-duty bartender sitting in the next booth heard their conversation and, having a chuckle to himself, he thinks …

  10. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000002389 _____ THE THAI BAR LADY

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. Started by AdamSmith,

    If you need an antidote to Valentine's day schmaltz, here's one: http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/WORLD/europe/0.../story.cleo.jpg Ancient coin shows Cleopatra was no beauty LONDON, England (CNN) -- Antony and Cleopatra -- one of history's most romantic couples -- were not the great beauties that Hollywood would have us believe, according to British academics. A study of a 2,000-year-old silver coin found the Egyptian queen, famously portrayed by a sultry Elizabeth Taylor, had a shallow forehead, pointed chin, thin lips and sharp nose. On the other side, her Roman lover, played in the 1963 movie by Richard Burton, Taylor's husband at the time, had bulging eyes, a hook no…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Guest Riptide
    Started by Guest Riptide,

    Has Saint Valentine's arrow found a love struck couple early this year? Are vows iminient? It seems as though these tenacious tag team posters are becoming quite the item over at the other place. One can almost feel the ooze of love between them :-) If vows are iminient, may I suggest asking Rockhard to be a bridesmaid? But don't wait too long to ask. I'm sure the gown fitting will be a special order and you know how fussy she is just with her underwear.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
  13. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    Is anybody as happy as I am to see the Dixie Chicks finally vindicated in their exercise of free speech and being rightly judged on the basis of their artistry?

    • 12 replies
    • 2.1k views
  14. Started by Gaybutton,

    I just loved this one: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/city/...8a1b80dafdd.lpf _____ Snowballs - and an

    • 1 reply
    • 2.9k views
  15. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    Well Oz that makes me just a little older than you-I read Tales of the City when it appeared in Serial form in the San Francisco Chronicle!I also read lots of those Trashy Gordon Merrick romance novels like The Lord Won't Mind etc. In fact I used an excerpt from Armisted Maupins Tales of the City in my coming out proclamation in high school when I was 16.this was during Anita Bryant's 15 minute of infamy.Here is that excerpt-a letter from Michael to his Mother "Dear Mama, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to write. Every time I try to write to you and Papa I realize I'm not saying the things that are in my heart. That would be O.K., if I loved you any less than I do, but…

    • 16 replies
    • 2.5k views
  16. By THOM SHANKER and MARK LANDLER Published: February 11, 2007 MUNICH, Feb. 10 — President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia accused the United States on Saturday of provoking a new nuclear arms race by developing ballistic missile defenses, undermining international institutions and making the Middle East more unstable through its clumsy handling of the Iraq war. In an address to an international security conference, Mr. Putin dropped all diplomatic gloss to recite a long list of complaints about American domination of global affairs, including many of the themes that have strained relations between the Kremlin and the United States during his seven-year administration. Amo…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  17. Guest Anton
    Started by Guest Anton,

    Hi all, A while ago I received an email that suggested I had won a price in an Escort Award program. The email said that they gave out a price on $250,000 (mmmm, "too good to be true" ?) x( The email also made a reference to my reviews at www.maleescortreview.com. I remembered a topic at the MER forum about an escort contest and I wrote an email asking if they knew anything about this Escort Award program. The response was negative (what I actually had expected). In order to get my price the Escort Award guys "only" needed my real name and my review number so they could "verify" that the price was paid to the right person. Do you sense what I'm sensing? I'm pretty su…

    • 0 replies
    • 939 views
  18. Guest comment
    Started by Guest comment,

    I only watch a few television shows 24, Heroes, Deal or No Deal and Lost. This past Wednesday began the second half of the season for Lost and it continues to keep me right at the edge. For the first time we see flashbacks of one of the "others" life. However it brings up more questions than were answered. Does this show make anyone else as crazy as it does me?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  19. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have been watching Dirt and like the show. I have always liked the lead actress and I like her relationship with the photographer. I saw the lastest episodes with Pee Wee Herman. I think he did a nice job with the role he was given. But, it is very hard for me to take him seriously as an actor after watching Pee Wee's shows.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    The New Season for Survivor got underway this week. If you missed it, you can download with Itunes. I love the Fiji Islands and hope this season was as fun as last. I really like Dreamz. He is hot. And, a cheerleading coach. Yumm. Also, Boo ain't bad. I don't know what I think of Rocky yet. He is sexy in a very street kind of way but I get the feeling I would not like him if I knew him. All in all, it was a fun night for me to get the season underway with my favorite TV show.

  21. Guest Oliver
    Started by Guest Oliver,

    Since I’m not allowed to have a “party” at my condo , please come and enjoy a “Chinese New Year Service” (it's the Year of the Pig) ;-) on Sunday, February 18 from 1-5 pm. Very private pool and spa, and perhaps some “interesting” guests. It’s the day after Lucky’s Theatre Party. For directions, entry instructions, and questions – please send me an e-mail or private message. :-) }(

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  22. Started by BenjaminNicholas,

    She was only 39 years old. How incredibly tragic. She was truly a caring and generous person... The 'Anna' that most saw on her reality show (and in subsequent courtroom appearances) was only one, very small, side of her personality. She'll be missed. BN

  23. Guest buaseng
    Started by Guest buaseng,

    ANYONE BOOKED TO TRAVEL ABROAD (OR RETURN TO UK) FROM 13 FEBRUARY WITH B.A. SHOULD BE WARNED OF THESE EXTRA CHARGES. -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.- BA to charge

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  24. Guest twinklover
    Started by Guest twinklover,

    I followed this saga from the start. Bryan's murder makes this even more bizarre. We're probably in for a few more salacious surprises as the murder is solved. Someone should make a movie about this. I doubt Brett Corrigan was involved but we'll see. Jason Curious reported that Bryan and Brett Corrigan were seen at Krave in early January and were rumored to have reached a settlement. That doesn't surprise me. People in the gay porn and escort business have had the most vicious feuds over the years and then kissed and made up. I wish I had $20 for everytime someone has feuded with David Forest and then kissed and hugged him. Who knows. Maybe one day riptide will give SA a…

    • 107 replies
    • 14.7k views
  25. Started by TotallyOz,

    I normally stay at the Intercontinental Hotel in Amsterdam and have also had some great stays at a few other hotels downtown. http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ic/1/en/h...elsearchresults [attachmentid=178] On a recent trip here, I started looking for some lower price hotels and I really wanted to stay in a gay hotel but ended up back with the familiar. Here are a few places I have found in Amsterdam should anyone be interested. Anyone have any information on Prague and gay places there? 1. Try gayamsterdam.com for great gay hotels. http://hotels.gayamsterdam.com/gayhotels.php Not all below are gay but some are and most are gay friend…

    • 0 replies
    • 2.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.