The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I have not lived in NYC for about 4 years. When I was there, I was very involved in the escort scene. I knew just about everyone that was working. I was browsing on this site, M4RNow and Rentboy today for an impending trip to the Big Apple. What I found was that not much has changed. Yes, there are some new faces but I was really surprised to find that many of the ones who were around 4 years ago are still around and working. I was also surprised to find that all 3 of the escort service sites I was familiar with: Campus, Maximum and Chelsea all had many of the same guys. Back many years ago, I knew many boys that just worked for a few years and then moved on. I…
-
- 10 replies
- 2k views
-
-
I recently watched a film on DVD titled Summer Storm. I believe it's a German made production. It tells the story of two boys coming of age, sexual awakening and desire to fit in. A few things about this movie were over the top, like the name of one of the boat teams (Queer Strokes) but in all I felt the story had some merit. I would like to hear the thoughts from others who have seen this movie.
-
So, in the (boring) Superbowl aftermath, I am pondering what drives some people to post on message boards. I'm thinking of one person in particular who seems to chime in on almost every post on a certain message board (with content similar to this site), but he almost never has any personal experience with the subject under discussion. x( To be sure, I am not "dissing" that poster; rather I'm just curious about that behavior. God knows (Bless her }( ) the internet has produced many "communities" / message boards where lonely people may now take comfort. :7 Comments?
-
I have always wanted to do a bike ride for charity. I am actually considering doing this one. Are there others that do this? Would it be worthwhile to get a MER group together? I had a friend once that did the Boston to NYC ride and it was truly an amazing experience for him. I was one of his contributors but also his friend and was there at the finish line cheering him on. That was many many years ago and since that day, I have had this in my mind. http://www.aidslifecycle.org/
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Sorry KY, A snafu of my finger trying to edit my responce to your thread and it was totally deleted my apologies. Can you repost? Sorry guys! BTW: I say the Bears by 13
-
- 9 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Scott I think you're a very hot guy. Someone who I will attempt to hire this year. The following two questions are for clarification and in no way is meant to attack or be disrespectful. I would like a very simple to the point answer ... and regardless of your answer I will accept it and move on. When I do approach you regarding your services and we discuss my interests you'll quote me your fee. Now lets assume you've informed me the fee is "X" and I say to you the following: Scott I feel that is a little high based on my interests, as we discussed, is this amount flexible at all? A) Your reply to me is ________________? And will you feel offended by my statement? …
-
When I first came out, I thought I wanted to settle down with one person and make quilts and read books by the fireplace. It turns out that life was not for me. Instead, I have jumped from one guy to the next for 10 years. I have had some long-term relationships of over 5 years each but they were open and not monogamous. I am not even sure that monogamy is possible for me. I have seen many that love it. I have seen many that say they are monogamous but they are fucking around on the side. I have seen many relationships that have rules built in that allow the relationship to stay strong. My question is simple: Is monogamy something you want? Do you know of many g…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
There is a politicosexual scandal in San Francisco, and it's heterosexual! Laws a-mercy! What won't those clever folks think of next to keep the rest of us off balance?
-
I loved the interview with her father last week with Wolf questioning him about the pregnacy. Mary finally spoke up and said that gay couples were just as qualified to raise children as hetrosexual couples are. Imagine that! I just spent a few weeks with a lesbian couple who are raising 2 children of their own. They are amazing parents and I really enjoyed getting to know them better and the birth father. It never crossed my mind that gays would not be good parents but aparently socienty does. Or, at least large parts of it. Why? What are they afraid of? http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/31/us/31cnd...=rssnyt&emc=rss
-
- 6 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Molly Ivins, the liberal newspaper columnist who delighted in skewering politicians and interpreting, and mocking, her Texas culture, died today at her home in Austin. She was 62. Her death, after a long fight with breast cancer, was confirmed by her personal assistant, Betsy Moon. In her syndicated column, which appeared in about 350 newspapers, Ms. Ivins cultivated the voice of a folksy populist who derided those who acted too big for their britches. She was rowdy and profane, but she could filet her ideological opponents with droll precision. After Patrick J. Buchanan, as a conservative candidate for president, declared at the 1992 Republican National Convention tha…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Four months ago Mark Foley was spirited away by the Rpublicans. Ostensibly, he went of his own free will to a rehab facility to dry out. Mr and Mrs. America were encouraged to believe that climbing on the water wagon would also cure him of his impolitic appetite for chicken dick and of his stupid recklessness. He has since effectively vanished from the face of the earth. The media have easily forgotten him. Foley likely ended up in a place that has more in common with Guantánamo than with the Betty Ford Center. My bet is that the Republicans will keep him under wraps -- in durance vile if need be -- right through the 2008 elections. Any insights? ( Assuming anybod…
-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So you are in a bar/party/park/whatever and a cute guy starts chatting you up.At first you are flattered/interested but then you discover the person is crazy. How long do you continue conversing/flirting?
-
- 5 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
I am trying to set up some meetings with"alternative"and kink friendly guys in San Francisco for next weekend. I am using Craigs list pretty mush exclusively for this. Is there a danger of being arrested/prosocuted for solicitation/lewd behavior by doing so?What precautions does one take to avoid this? All of this really makes me miss the glory days of Polk Street!
-
- 9 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
-
I have been wondering what careers would be best for retiring escorts. My initial thought is that a real estate agent probably comes closest to the mark? Any other ideas or actual experiences to report from clients or escorts alike would be interesting to hear...
-
After a long dry spell, there seems to be new versatile talent in the NYC market, and the Agencies seem to have some fresher offerings than some of the independants on Rentboy. Here is who's on my To Do list. Any comments or experiences to be shared would be appreciated greatly. Brad - Maximum Cameron - Maximum Joey - Campus George - Campus NYCSurfJock - RentBoy Tyler - RentBoy Diego - RentBoy
-
Hello Chillren of Da Menz...(I heard that on the street in front of the DC Chinatown Regal and it still kills me) I should know this but never hurts to ask--who manages the email for MER? The Big Cheese? The Big Kahuna? Leader of The Pack? Hillary? Wanted to email this site's Poppa and ask a couple of questions. No biggies or problems...just basic info a companion can use. I trust emails sent are kept in confidence like a good business should?? Thanks so much, John SmallTownJohn1@gmail.com PS Salt Lake City is beautiful(and cold) during my visit.
-
For well over a decade people would ask me how I can avoid it. Just look around its everywhere ... turn left there it is, go inside a shop there it is, take a walk down the street and yep there it is ... it of course is the one place I simply never walked into ... a Starbucks. I know it's hard to believe but not being a coffee person I had no urge. When people would want to meet me at Starbucks I would ask them to suggest a different place. Now I'm addicted. Every day for the past two weeks I've been having my dose of their Earl Grey tea and a chocolate chip cookie. They must put something in the water (opium comes to mind) to keep people like me coming back twice a day …
-
(CNN) -- "Dreamgirls" received a leading eight nominations for the 79th annual Academy Awards, but was shut out of two of the biggest categories -- best picture and best director. The nominees for best picture are "The Departed," "Babel," "Letters From Iwo Jima," "Little Miss Sunshine" and "The Queen." The nominees for best actor are Forest Whitaker ("The Last King of Scotland"), Leonardo DiCaprio ("Blood Diamond"), Ryan Gosling ("Half Nelson"), Peter O'Toole ("Venus") and Will Smith ("The Pursuit of Happyness"). The nominees for best actress are Helen Mirren ("The Queen"), Judi Dench ("Notes on a Scandal"), Penelope Cruz ("Volver"), Meryl Streep ("The Devil Wears Prad…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Looks like Boeing will add some style and comfort to their upcoming 747. Here is a link to several photos. http://news.com.com/2300-1008_3-6151336-1....?tag=ne.gall.pg
-
Well that trip to Lagos will just have to go on the back burner! http://www.365gay.com/Newscon07/01/011807nigeria.htm It really is time to sponser some embargos and boycotts against many African nations.
-
- 0 replies
- 878 views
-
-
Received this in my inbox today WILL YOU KNOW? RF&B is the exclusive destination prize for a new Lifetime TV dating series called “Gay, Straight or Taken”. The show mimics real life! A female contestant has to guess whether the three “bachelors” are gay, straight or taken. If they are straight, the bachelor and bachelorette are our guests in for a luxurious vacation in Las Vegas, New Orleans, or even on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. If they are taken or gay, the bachelor is our guest. Will she know if they are gay, straight, or taken? Will YOU know what they are? This is a modern twist on a traditional dating show! Is Hollywood really being run by a bunch of chimp…
-
- 1 reply
- 954 views
-
-
I am very excited about a new site. It is www.drag.com It will be a site that caters to the circuit party crowd with free information and listings. Having been a true admirer of drag performers for many years, I am excited about the new site. We are looking for a logo design for the main page of the site as well as for tshirts, etc. If you are an artist or know a graphic artist, tell them to play with some designs and submit them to us. They can e-mail them to: crazycalm@gmail.com We will only take one design but if that design is chosen, we will pay 500 USD for the rights to use it. As I know there are several of you that are good artists and designers, I hope…
-
- 0 replies
- 953 views
-
-
There is a kid I know and like.He is a great guy and probably well worth the big bucks he charges gets for his time. The problem is that he is pretty social with a lot of "working boys"and he manages to convince them that they should charge the same high rates as he does-even if it is not in the kids best interest to do so. There is at least one young fella that is not doing such great buisness at this high rate-and he is honest enough about that-but he refuses to charge a reasonable fee for his services. I am looking right now at two fellas-John in Baltimore http://daddysreviews.com/area.php?loc=6266...=john_baltimore And JasonK in Witchita http://www.men4rentnow.…
-
- 58 replies
- 8.7k views
-
-
I have two best friends who are going through some "stuff"right now and I am not sure to handle them. First is a long time friend with whom I have a had a long fairly unrequited love affair with.He split with a horrid partner after a very messy couple of years,is making yet another attempt at staying sober(I hope it sticks this time)did a "geographic"to be closer to his bio family and to be in a place he is comfortable in,and has just lost a job.So a minor-not major-bit of a mess right now. Second is my other best friend who is somwhat local.We used to pal around quite a bit together.This year he turned 60 and is really shutting me it it seems.He is insisting on getting…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.2k views
-