Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest Riptide
    Started by Guest Riptide,

    I just came accross this terrific resource which is marketed for those living in urban areas, but what a great resource for those visiting major cities for the first time. The "search data base" feature is a particulary useful tool. NFT, it's not just for residents anymore.....:-) http://notfortourists.com/newyork.aspx

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Guest RR
    Started by Guest RR,

    Ok guys, I think that I have finally recovered enough to give you the report from San Francisco. Many of you I saw there, wow it was crazy. I arrived Friday and was slotted to leave on Sunday afternoon. I finally got myself on a plane and arrived home Wednesday. (I kept extending my trip!) Friday was a blast, we were at the Endup for the unoffical pre-party hosted by Rentboy.com Lots of boys flowing, and we finished a bottle of vodka in about an hour as my friend had a misconnect and was late getting in from the airport. That night started the ball rolling. We were drinking from morning to night and have such a good time in San Fran. The GavAVN was good, and…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
  3. Started by TampaYankee,

    Our servers were attacked by hackers and effectively destroyed. We have moved to new servers and we are restoring the site from backups. We are working as quickly as possible to bring the site back up to full effectiveness. So far a cursory review indicates profiles, reviews and messages, as of the morning of Feb 26, seem to be back online. However we are still evaluating the extent of the damage and the progess of recovery as it proceeds. Some intermittent anomalies may remain in login and forum access. Please try a couple of times if necessary. What looks like a failure is actually success. This is seen after using the back button from the error page to reveal your …

    • 19 replies
    • 2.8k views
  4. Guest comment
    Started by Guest comment,

    The past several days I have been unable to access this site. I don't believe it was a technical issue on my end of the computer. However, I have little idea what the situation was that caused the lack of access. In any event I'm happy the site is back up.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. Guest BKKvisitor
    Started by Guest BKKvisitor,

    The New York Times Thais Struggle With Increasingly Violent Insurgency By SETH MYDANS PATTANI, Thailand, Feb. 22

    • 0 replies
    • 2k views
  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    Same-sex marriage critic in court on lewdness charge in Oklahoma The lawyer for a former Baptist church leader who had spoken out against homosexuality said Thursday the minister has a constitutional right to solicit sex from an undercover policeman. The Reverend Lonnie W. Latham had supported a resolution calling on gays and lesbians to reject their ''sinful, destructive lifestyle'' before his January 3, 2006, arrest outside the Habana Inn in Oklahoma City. Authorities say he asked the undercover policeman to come up to his hotel for oral sex. For the full story go to: http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid42264.asp

  7. Guest comment
    Started by Guest comment,

    I'm sure there are those within these walls who understand how to drive Internet traffic to specific web sites. I've been researching thes web of options and still am somewhat short on understanding best practices. Currently I'm vaguely aware of three acceptable methods. 1- TGP 2- Traffic Feeders like wholesaletraffic.info 3- Direct Site Ads I've read quite a lot of information on TGP and not certain if I have enough traffic to participate, plus I don't have a TGP site of my own. Traffic Feeders remind me of the mail order list sellers of yesteryear. From my self education they tend to use pop up or under consoles and I've learned that much of these methods are n…

    • 0 replies
    • 878 views
  8. Cuba’s National Assembly of Popular Power has agreed to discuss making sex-reassignment surgery free of cost to all “transexuales” on the island who request it. The entire public health care system in Cuba is free of charge. Mariela Castro Espín, director of the National Center of Sexual Education (CENESEX), has led the move to make sex-reassignment available to Cubans free to all who seek it. Mariela Castro, a leader in her own right, is the daughter of renowned revolutionary leader Vilma Espín and acting Cuban President Raúl Castro. The newsletter Diversidad (Diversity) reported: “The measure would complement the present Identity Law that already acknowledges the rig…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    The Stonewall Riots – also known as the Stonewall Rebellion – was perhaps the most important event ever to happen to the drag community. This was a series of events where all of our dragulous sisters stood up proud, supported each other and kicked some serious ass in defense of their rights to defend the liberty for then entire gay and lesbian community. In other words – sisters were doing it for themselves! In today’s world, gay bars and clubs are simply an accepted part of the gay community. Every city has taverns and discos that proudly sport rainbow flags and we take our rights to meet and mate for granted. But, it wasn’t always this easy. Up until the Stonewall R…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  10. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have had many friends go to the Thailand Detoxification clinics. Every single person that went had a great experience. They lost weight, felt healthier and were very impressed with the program. I am considering one of them for a week over the summer. I think I have decided on Spa Saumi but there are tons to choose from. Just do a google search for detox and Thailand and you will find tons of places. Has anyone seen these places outside of Thailand? Brazil maybe? How about Mexico? http://www.spasamui.com/

  11. Started by TotallyOz,

    When I saw the IPhone at the Mac Conference I was really excited to see what they were doing. Yes, I'll be one of the first ones in line to get one and test it. I know the price is high but the device looks amazing and I can't wait to try it out. I have not had an wireless plan in years and always use the SIM Pay as you plans. But, I may have to sign up with Cingular just to try this one. Apple to advertise iPhone during Oscars By Jim Dalrymple Apple will use the Academy Awards show on Sunday to feature a new teaser advertisement focused on the iPhone, Macworld has learned. The new ad was described as being made for the Oscars, although no further details on the co…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    Anyone see the movie American Gun? It has just been offered on Itunes for Download and it has a great cast. Donald Sutherland Forest Whitaker Marcia Gay Harden Chris Marquette

  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    The last election, I had friends who were very supportive of Dennis Kucinich. They were in NYC and a group of artist, models, escorts, etc. They were the most passionate group I had met about any candidate. They even stripped and made a photo with Kucinich bumper stickers on their backs. I sent it off to a few thousand people and they said that it spread from there. I understood their passion when I watched the guy speak. Perhaps more than most candidates, I do feel that he is honest and a straight talker. I am not sure he is a viable candidate. However, watch the link below and you will see why so many are drawn to him.

    • 17 replies
    • 2.2k views
  14. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have heard it was easy to pick up soldiers in Russia. However, it did not cross my mind this this was a forced organized system. http://www.cnn.com/video/partners/clickabi...sex.torture.cnn

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  15. Started by TampaYankee,

    I have grown weary of writing the same responses over and over to contributors sending inadequate reviews. In response the following policy will be posted for guidance. A page link will be established. If you wish to comment then please do so. I promise to read but no promises about incorporating suggestions. MER Escort Reviews Policy At MaleEscortReview our policy is that reviews are written by clients for clients. As a review site our primary responsbilility is to provide prospective clients with reviews that help them make informed selections of escorts that are professional, reliable, and most importantly compatible with client interests and desires. In most…

  16. Started by TotallyOz,

    Resolved, that Richard B. Cheney, vice president of the United States, should be impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors and that these articles of impeachment be submitted to the American people GQ, March 2007 When the Founding Fathers crafted the U.S. Constitution, they wanted to be sure that the president, vice president, and other ranking officials could be evicted more easily than the British monarchy. To ensure that the process would be swift and certain, they made it simple: Only two conditions must be met. First, a majority of the House of Representatives must agree on a set of charges; then, two-thirds of the Senate must agree to convict. After that, there i…

    • 17 replies
    • 2.7k views
  17. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    That's the name of an unnoticed new 6-hour British miniseries showing on BBC America. I love the performances and writing. It's about vile carryings-on at pretty high levels of government here and in England, with the exotic touch of a transparently disguised ex-Soviet republic run by a brutal despot thrown in. The black hats outnumber the white overwhelmingly, and they keep as busy as bees. Interestingly, among the hissable villains are two who stand out because they are gay, they are hot kissers, they share a bed and they are nasty even to each other. I lust for them both, especially the American. I hope the writers don't cop out and show them in the end to hav…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  18. Guest CTDick
    Started by Guest CTDick,

    C'mon, guys, someone out there must have the dirt on saunas in Belo Horizonte. I have posted on the South America forum and no one has responded. I'll only be there two nights and want to make the most of my stay. Dick

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  19. Guest RR
    Started by Guest RR,

    Hey guys. Give me the scoop on where and what in San Francisco. I am going to be there this weekend. Any hot young guys to hire and what places to party. I will be staying at the Ritz so I am not sure how far I am from everything! Thanks RussianRob

    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
  20. I was blessed to be surrounded by many friends this past weekend in Palm Springs California. Joe Buck spent all weekend at some bathouse masquerading as a gay hotel,leaving me(and a very young rooomie)to ourselves. On Saturday night I joined Luckys group at AZUL restaurant on the main drag in downtown Palm Springs.Tere were 14 of us at a long table straticaly placed right next to the mens room! Well there was a group of 4 marines who kept heading to the mens room every 15-20 min's or so-one of which was giving me a look I know all to well-from my many years of sitting on barstools at hustler bars around the world. As we were leaving I went to find this young man to g…

  21. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    Like some of us need any help with this! On another board Scott Adler asked in response to one of Lucky posts " >unfortunately I had to miss his Esther >Williams act. ::shielding myself in advance from the gay card police:: Whats an Esther Williams act? I was roomie with a nice young guy this weekend-strictly platonic thank you very much!-and it made me feel so much older than my 47 years.I have always been more interested in things"before my time"and i did grow up in"interesting times"but a lot of the gay cultural references I dropped just got a blank stare or a run to the computer to see what in the hell the old queen is talking about. This is…

  22. Guest TravelTop4Bttm
    Started by Guest TravelTop4Bttm,

    Today I was checking out Craigslist.org when I ran accross this mosting from an escort. It was good advise posted on a site that needed it. Check it out... Consumer Advice from a Craigslist Escort--Tips #1-#5 - m4m Reply to: pers-280580285@craigslist.org Date: 2007-02-18, 6:39AM After reading some unsavory reviews here on Craigslist (still a GREAT site!), I feel compelled, as an escort myself, to provide some basic tips on selecting a companion for a GOOD experience. Take it for what it is worth, guys...some people are pretty uninformed. TIP #1: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR Rates vary, of course--so does quality. Some escorts/masseurs offer Specials if things are q…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  23. Started by KYTOP,

    After former NBA player, John Amaechi comes out of the closet as a gay man. Here is the reaction from another NBA player, Tim Hardaway, and that many Gay players fear. Therefore stay in the closet: http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6473866?MSNHPHCP&GT1=9131 He shouldn't apologize if he really "hates" gays but the comments that people make on a comments link are even more disturbing than his.

  24. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    I do this in the spirit of performing a public service for the benefit of those who bewail the shortage of twinks in NYC. Rentboy shows two new ones, name of Mark and NewYorkCityBoy. They meet my`standard for twinkdom, but I'm an outsider. I hope they work for the cognoscenti.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.7k views
  25. Guest Aunty
    Started by Guest Aunty,

    Conde Nest Traveller magazine announces its best luxury hotels for 2007. Several Thai hotels make the list. Has anyone stayed at these? Recommendations/comments? http://www.cntraveller.com/GoldList/2007/

    • 4 replies
    • 3.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.