The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
The movie may not be to my taste, but the movie review certainly has the information I seek. I am referring, of course, to the movie review for the new flick "Flicka" which I might otherwise have skipped but for Manohlla Dargis' review in today's New York Times. The pertinent part that gets my attention is about the guy who "plays the brother, Howard (Ryan Kwanten), who likes to lounge around with a bare chest and perfectly fitted cut-off jeans, {and} would sooner become an Abercrombie & Fitch model than take over the ranch."
-
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Ok guys, odd post and if you need to take it down please do. I am strictly a top. Well, I wanna try being a bottom. Do I really have to use a fleet enima? I have heard of people doing it and people have been asked to do it I know before. What is the real story? Thanks
-
Would have any of you well-travelled gentlemen any information to share on gay Madrid. I'm particularly looking for any bars, clubs or saunas where I might find some cute rent boys. Thanks in advance
-
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Oliver Stone Film Sets Sights on Osama Bin Laden By Steve Gorman, AP In a follow-up to his recent drama "World Trade Center," filmmaker Oliver Stone plans to direct a movie about the U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan, Paramount Pictures said on Monday. The film will be based in part on "Jawbreaker," a recent book chronicling the U.S.-led assault on the al Qaeda stronghold in Afghanistan's Tora Bora region and the hunt for Osama bin Laden, a spokeswoman for Paramount, which will make the film with Stone, told Reuters. Stone and Paramount, which released "World Trade Center" in August, optioned rights to "Jawbreaker" months ago, she said, confirming a re…
-
- 0 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
I'm not sure whether this is more appropriate a topic for the Pub or the Buffet. Be that as it may... It appears that some clients tip routinely; others for encounters they consider uncommonly good; yet others not at all. Maybe there is a regional component to the custom. I am in NYC. Is there a"right" thing to do here, or anyplace else?
-
Kelly 'must resign over delay to gay rights law' By Toby Helm, Chief Political Correspondent - D. Telegraph, UK, (Filed: 16/10/2006) A fierce Cabinet battle has broken out over gay rights after Ruth Kelly, the Communities Secretary, delayed plans that would penalise organisations
-
Not a bad start for the year. Thank you all for the wonderful support. Thanks you to everyone for getting the word out for us!
-
- 13 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) Former U.S. Rep. Gerry Studds, the first openly gay person elected to Congress, died early Saturday at Boston Medical Center, several days after he collapsed while walking his dog, his husband said. Studds fell unconscious October 3 because of what doctors later determined was a blood clot in his lung, Dean Hara said. Studds regained consciousness, remained in the hospital, and seemed to be improving. He was scheduled to be transferred to a rehabilitation center, but his condition deteriorated Friday and he died at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday, Hara said. Hara, who married Studds shortly after gay marriage was legalized in Mass…
-
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
Look like someone has picked up Rico's hat.... http://newhoovillenews.blogspot.com
-
-
"Welcome to our newest member Luckless" There's always room for one more!
-
- 0 replies
- 1k views
-
-
Did anyone go to that? I'm in New York and was going to show, but the cover of 20$ just made me think rentboy gets enough of my money as it is, and i ended up in a long discussion with an artist at a different bar instead.
-
The theme was airforce. The Olympic Stadium was studded with stars on the ceiling (and lasers). The music was awesome. The crowd was enormous and energetic. For those who have never attended this event in the Olympic Stadium in Montreal.... you are missing a life affirming celebration! And so as Don McClean would sing... "Starry starry night.... paint your pallet black and blue..." LOL.... ok maybe he didn't quite sing that. But he did name that song "Vincent". And I went there with 4 of them!!!! Holy shit. "And I could have told you Vincent. This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you."
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
The following appears in the NEW YORKER magazine: _____ AIR KISS American Airlines Flight 45
-
I think this new site has the potential to be something very good. Keeping that in mind, I'd like to make old and new members alike aware of the current incarnation of the Cupcake Scam: escortz.biz The man behind this scam is (NAME EDITED OUT BY ADMIN) or at least that's one of the many names he has unsuspecting clients send money to through Western Union. It started out as cupcake escorts, then became young hot escorts, and now is escortz.biz Here are the current active links I am aware of: escortz.biz maleplaymates.com boycourtesans.com boycourtesens.com and several others that all point to escortz.biz If you are aware of any other sites, please let me know. …
-
-
is trey thurston a drag queen? just curious,so don't get like ***etc:...well you know who. TAYLOR
-
I was thinking last night if it was odd that I sleep in the nude. Any others ? If I have guests than I do sleep in my underclothes unless they are nude also. So lets have a little informal poll Who sleeps in a full set of nightclothes/partial/underclothes/nude? And has this changed over time?In my case yes,I wore pj's as a kid,underclothes until 30,nude ever since.
-
Did anyone else make it to Folsom Street Fair here in SF? This was my first time there and I had an absolute BLAST! As the afternoon went on my clothes kept coming off. Here's one pic I got from the afternoon.
-
Has global warming had an effect on client/escorts relationships? I have noticed that clients more and more often refer to escorts whom they are currently hiring as friends or good friends. Several days ago on this site, a reviewer stated that the escort whom he was reviewing had become his best friend. (See Benjamin Nicholas review) I know that this subject has been discussed many times before on the several escort review sites. Before I started hiring escorts, I talked to Aaron Lawrence and the manager of an escort agency in New York City about the ground rules. They both warmed about unreasonable expectation by clients, particularly after the client/escort relationsh…
-
For those who have never been to the Black and Blue festival in Montreal.... make plans to be there some year! Reasons to go: 5) 20K shirtless guys dancing in one stadium 4) All the cute boys in Canada congregating in one place 3) Fantastic special effects and music 2) Interesting like-minded gay people from all over the world present and in a festive mood And drum roll please.... the #1 reason to attend the Black and Blue... 1) It's another reason to go to Montreal!!! http://www.bbcm.org/en_MainSite.htm
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
Hi Everyone, Please sign the petition on the link below. There are religious right wing groups, such as the AFA, trying to stop the broadcast of Madonna's NBC Special, which there is a segment where she performs hanging on the Cross. This section of the concert is more of a "infomercial" educating people on the devastating tragedy HIV/AIDS has had on the Children orphaned by the disease in Africa. Please keep in mind that none of these people have seen the show and have no idea what context it is being used in. I have seen the show 3 times! Madonna does not mock or desecrate the Cross or the Christian faith in any way. This is nothing more then a moving tribute to what…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
This good looking man walks into an agent's office in Hollywood and says "I want to be a movie star." Tall, handsome and with experience on Broadway, he had the right credentials. The agent asked, "What's your name?" The guy said, "My name is Penis van Lesbian." The agent said, "Sir, I hate to tell you, but in order to get into Hollywood you are gonna have to change your name." "I will NOT change my name! The van Lesbian name is centuries old, I will not disrespect my grandfather by changing my name. Not ever." The agent said, "Sir, I have worked in Hollywood for years... you will NEVER go far in Hollywood with a name like Penis van Lesbian! I'm telling you, you will …
-
I've opted to be loyal to American the past couple years. I've also accrued enough mileage this year to be only a few thousand miles away from executive platinum status with them. I'd imagine there are some people in these forums that are in the same boat. When I read my New Yorker today I noticed this disgusting news: http://www.newyorker.com/talk/content/arti...ta_talk_collins Here is a link to their customer relations feedback forum: https://www.aa.com/apps/utility/contactAA/E...questid=2258918 I urge everyone to write to American Airlines REMINDING them who has the, I still believe, greatest overall expendable income of any group in this nation.
-
The bitter back and forth between myself and others on Daddy’s site is finished. It has been a very long period of time since Hooboy died and it is time to move on. It is not only unproductive to get into these little verbal spars with members on the other site but it is destructive for the integrity of this site. I do not apologize for anything I have said. I do however apologize for loosing focus. The focus should have been on moving the site forward instead of keeping it on a path which only history will be able to describe. Unfortunately, those who are the most vocal instead of those who have intelligence on the true story often shape history. If you scream lou…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
-