Travellerdave

Hotel BoysTown

Im in Pats for several weeks in September and am thinking where to stay. Up to 2013 I stayed a few times at the Ambience. The rooms were fine and of course the situation in BoysTown was ideal. However the last couple of times it proved to be very noisy after 1 am bar closure time and I started staying elsewhere.

I know that rooms can vary depending on their position so I am wondering about giving it another try probably by emailing asking if they can offer me one of their quieter rooms. Then there is the possibility of the Copa, which might be quieter as it is away from that Karaoke bar at the exit from BT which is responsible for a lot of the post 1 am noise.

Any recent experience of these two hotels ?. I need good wifi. I read somewhere that the Ambiance is not predominately gay which for me is not a recommendation.

I don't know about  your noise tolerance but last 3 trips / Nov 2013, Dec 2014,May 2015 / I was staying in the cheapest ( standard ) rooms in LE CAFE ROYALE and definitely did not have any problems with night noise seeping into the room.

I did not notice any karaoke bar in soi either and I doubt Ambiance all of the sudden become hetero hotel.

In short -  I recommend staying in the Boyztown with all gay life at your steps.

Can't comment on wi-fi though 

Guest Jason105

I have stayed at the Ambiance my last two trips and had no issue with the noise

And they had no problem with "guests" even to the degree of greeting my guest after his second "visit".

Boyztown is convenient and lots of fun.

Have a good time no matter where you decide to stay.

I stayed at the Ambiance in July. I didn't have a problem with the noise, but then again, I was out until around 2 am every night. The last night I came back early but even then, I had no problems sleeping. I did, however, hear the guy at Boyzboyzboyz - "Mr too big, too long "- beating his cock on the drum around 1:30 am.

The WiFi was great and the only women I saw - 2 in all - were taken back to the hotel for a shag. It's definitely a gay hotel.

Thanks Guys

Yes it wasn't a dedicated Karaoke Bar rather a bar which seems to encourage late night singing. I still remember a rendition at 1000 decibels of My Way at about 3.30 am last time I was at the Ambience. Don't get me wrong I liked the place and I didn't see any females, although it is a bit of a maze upstairs!. Don't know where I read about it going hetro - not Tripadvisor.

I will no doubt stay in BT - it is after all the prime gay atea.

Guest frequentflier

I was at a Karaoke night recently and it was in The Copa Bar,soi 3.Boyztown.everybody seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Guest luvthai

I use to stay at the Welcome Plaza hotel very close to Boys Town.  The pool is very large for swimming and the bell boys can be VERY friendly.

Guest Jason105

I have stayed at Welcome Plaza at least 4 times and the quality of their rooms kept going downhill.

It became darker and less inviting with each trip so that I finally relented and made the move to Boyztown which I do not regret.

I do agree that the bell staff were friendly and helpful although none of them ever let me know that they were willing to be VERY friendly  :(

I just made a booking with Ambiance. I sent them an email requesting for a special price for my 2 night stay next week. They gave me a special price up to 400 baht cheaper than the booking websites and their own website booking. that's 800 baht savings. :)

make sure you spend those savings on boys , that's almost short time GR tip

Hi Mate

I don't dispute anything that has been posted on this trail but do consider your options as there are quite a few........

Boystown hotels (le Café Royal which I have enjoyed many times, though before their more recent changes, Ambiance once and Copa which is new since I last stayed in that area have a great location on an evening, handy if you want to take a "new friend" back and I think despite some potential noise issues offer a lot but otherwise limited facilities.

Slightly further away though still in walking distance but  with very limited facilities other than good quality spacious rooms if you take the larger suites and friendly efficient service though cleaning etc is extra consider Mosaic Apartments, they are good value, the size and quality of the room excellent especially if you take a suite with balcony but still very affordable - especial compared to Boystown hotels!

Move a little further away, on my last few visits I stayed at Baan Souy, whilst a bit far to walk from Boys town you will have no difficulty with a motorbike taxi or Bhat bus, though the benefit in the day to me is it is also nearer to Jomtian beach, for a little more expense than a similar room in Boys town they offer excellent spacious rooms and the benefit of a fabulous pool area and a great team of staff! I stayed at Baan Souy several times over the last couple of years and would recommend it however I guess I fell out a little bit as it wound me up when they were clearly advertising their rates as tax inclusive which when the confirmation came through was not the case, eventually they accepted their  error and their website was corrected but left a nasty taste with me!  

I am trying the new Samsuk Guest house by the sauna on my next visit and happy to update following that but check out their website looks worth consideration?

Hope that helps!

Im intending to stay at the Ambiance starting Sunday. Ive stayed there before on several occasions and have found it a good choice apart from the noise factor, which affects all the BT hotels. This is a problem if you want to sleep before 3 am.

I will see how it goes for two nights but maybe I will transfer to the Samsuck Guesthouse where I have also stayed and which is really peaceful late at night. The downside is returning there late at night with your boyfriend du jour from Sunee or BT. Motor bike taxi is the best option but many wont use them.

Im intending to stay at the Ambiance next week also. Going to telephone them from airport.

Is the 400 reduction on a superior room normally 1290 when staying 2 nights. That would make it 690. Seems very cheap !

I have made a booking for 850/night for a superior room. .

@vinapu

Definitely.

Im intending to stay at the Ambiance starting Sunday. Ive stayed there before on several occasions and have found it a good choice apart from the noise factor, which affects all the BT hotels. This is a problem if you want to sleep before 3 am.

To remedy the noise factor, have you tried to sleep with some good noise-insulating ear buds in your ears?  I do this when I want to sleep in a noisy environment like in an airport (with expensive ear buds that stopped working but insulate well, after cutting off the cord), where I also use eye shades for a reasonable experience.

Despite being sensitive and intolerant to noise, I managed to sleep very well in my one stay at the Ambiance, as the room was at the rear of the hotel, so very little street noise made it though.