Guest scott

Visiting BKK April 2016

Visiting BKK April 2016, first time to Thailand.  Looking for suggestions for hotels to stay at, places to visit, and of course which clubs and boy bars. 

Welcome to the forum.

For hotel suggestions we need to know what kind of budget you are looking for.

For bars we need to know what type of boys you like.

Don't forget about whole massage scene.

Search and read  few trips report on the forum so it gives you an idea where you are going and how you will be occupied.

Be prepared -April is SE Asia hottest month 

I am looking for midrange price hotels, close to night life and shopping.  

Its my first time to BKK, so want to see a bit of everything, But also want to see the sights the city has to offer.

I have been told by friends here to check Dreamboy, but would like to know what other clubs are good to visit. 

Since its my first time to BKK, i don't know much about the massage scene.

Do first make yourself familiair with a few more Thai peculiarities: notably Songkran, the water-smashing Thai New year on and after 14/4-which put everything to a big stop. Plus the wheather is at its very worst then.

There is usually also a gay gymbunny Singy-style string of events around BKk-Rajprasong that time.

JUst take first a few mins to read the many answers on this forum-everything you ask has been told and repeated and reviewed many times. If you stay a few days more, you have enough time to also visit all the other bars etc in same small street as DB.

BKK has at least 7000 Hotels/places to stay and probably also at least that amount of shopping malls/markets.

For a cursory other overglance visit travelgayasia.com and click on the right buttons for BKK-everything selected for you for accomm/bars etc. in the tourist belt.

I got back about a month ago. I can't recommend  Tarntawan enough.

https://www.tarntawan.com/

Everyone was so nice. I love how they take the boys ID. Make sure he is 18 and over. And won't give it back until they call you and make sure everything is okay. Super safe. Near everything. Staff are just super nice. You can't go wrong!

I got back about a month ago. I can't recommend  Tarntawan enough.

https://www.tarntawan.com/

Everyone was so nice. I love how they take the boys ID. Make sure he is 18 and over. And won't give it back until they call you and make sure everything is okay. Super safe. Near everything. Staff are just super nice. You can't go wrong!

Oh yeah Tarntawan and Ambiance are both the best hotels in terms of locations situated right in the heart of "gay scene"

Guest bkktourist

Speaking from my own perspective as one who made a first visit last hear, here is my short advice.

I stayed at Pullman G hotel. It is modern/nice. Very close to gay scene but not right in the heart which I liked. Price was very reasonable for what I got.

Do some studying on places to visit but don't over study. Part of the fun is exploring and figuring things out as you go.

There are several small massage shops on Silom that are worth exploring. In every case be yourself. Ask for what you want. Trust me, they've been asked and provided everything. The boys you may meet for paid sex or even just hookups are much worse off than you financially. Don't be cheap.

Have fun. It can be overwhelming the first time so take breaks from the gay/sex scenes occasionally.