kokopelli

Jomtien - Charlie Mercer

Charlie Mercer.  Yes, that's his real name.  He was found dead in his room.  I have no details at this point and only just found out about it myself.  Charlie was a long time moderator on this board.

You heard about it at Nice Boys.  Charlie was one of Nice Boys best customers.  He was there most nights.  He would regularly buy a bottle and share it with the boys. 

He has lived in Pattaya since about 2003-2004.

RIP. That is sad to hear.

I'm not quite sure if abandoning all protocol about not posting a member's real name the moment they pass away is the correct approach.

However, any debate on that probably belongs on another thread.

Guest anonone

Yes, from what I could understand at Nice Boys tonight, one of the staff (Mac?, mamasan/waiter?) was concerned that he had not been seen lately and went to his room. After getting security to open the door, he discovered the body.

I spoke with Mac a bit tonight and he was still visibly upset about it all.

I did not know the guy, but always a shame to hear of someone passing. RIP.

Charlie was one of the nicest guys you would ever meet.  He was fun and the boys loved him.  He was very good to so many of them.   He was a moderator on this board for a few years.  He was one of the people I came to know when I stayed in Pattaya so much and I had great respect for him. 

RIP Charlie!

I'm not quite sure if abandoning all protocol about not posting a member's real name the moment they pass away is the correct approach.

However, any debate on that probably belongs on another thread.

You do raise a legitimate point and perhaps there should be a discussion on it in another thread. But will leave that up to others or maybe to Scooby to publish some guidelines.