musgrave

First Songkran

I arrived in Bangkok a couple of days before the start of Songkran - stayed at Tarntawan Place.  On arrival at my room I was met by my man as we had pre-arranged.  It was great to see him again and he kept me company for the next 3 weeks.  He had bought my Songkran clothes which consisted of a rusty coloured tie dyed T shirt as  well as a pair of black and yellow shorts with Mickey Mouse print.  I am no spring chicken but I felt duty bound to wear them and brought them back to Australia.

On the days of Songkran, Silom Road was chaotic as was the front of Tarntawan Massage in Surawong Road and Tawan Soi.  The Tawan boys plus those at nearby Sun Massage and Indra Massage never let the opportunity pass to soak everyone who walked through that Soi.  Silom Soi 4 was bedlam - never been in a crush of so many people - never been fondled or kissed so much !!!  My man who is very handsome had to endure much more attention than me.

Silom Road was pure fun and I enjoyed it as a once off - lots of fun - and necessary to approach it in a light hearted mood.  Fabulous eye candy everywhere.  I guess I like the cultural significance of such festivals so I think maybe moving further afield to a smaller town or village would have brought me that experience.  Seemed to me that Silom was mainly Chinese tourists intent on getting wet and saturating others

Ventured to Hot Male on Songkran Wednesday -  was absolutely crowded - plenty of good looking boys on stage but the show was very similar to that I had seen last year.  My man and I were joined by 2 boys - Lao and Vietnamese - both handsome but no off for us - happy to be in each others company. It is amazing to see how the Chinese girls get so excited in the big cock show.  Returned a couple of nights later and the crowd was very sparse.  It seemed that following Songkran many tourists headed out of Bangkok.

Reflections

Tarntawan Place - not perfect but friendly staff and location is wonderful.  There were some nice touches in place for Songkran (dish to pour water over Buddha on Reception desk)

Road toll - read in the Bangkok Post that road deaths over Songkran between 400-500

My man - absolute gem and it was a joy to sit and talk with him and further our relationship - we showered together, slept together, sat on the hotel room floor and ate together, walked together, shopped together ( I looked, he bought!!!). had massages together

More to come - side trips to Roi et, Suwannaphum and Chiang Mai - Bangkok visits to Arena Massage, Dream Boys, Fresh Boys and Jupiter

Nice to hear someone having quality time and enjoying that time with their 'man"

Great to read the reports from members enjoying their holidays with a series of guys but I also enjoy reading about people happy to chill out with one guy.

Before I retired and moved permanently to Thailand it used to give me a real emotional high when I flew into BKK and my bf was there waiting for me. A couple of times I had been chatting to people on the plane without the fact that I am gay arising and it was quite amusing to see the look on their faces when my partner charged over to me in arrivals and gave me a big hug. 

to see the look on their faces when my partner charged over to me in arrivals and gave me a big hug. 

My 'boyfriend' never does that. Charging over to me when we meet at airport. He stays put when I walk to him. I must do something wrong.

(Or I was his 4th Farang boyfriend that month he was picking up :rolleyes: . So I understand him; not easy faking it 4 times in short period; I forgive him)

nothing wrong, Thais are usually pretty reserved when comes to public display of affection

Yes it was very noticeable when my partner lived with me in England and we came back for holidays that he never greeted his sister who he is very close to with a hug or kiss.

He is not shy, as I said, he always greeted me at the airport with a big hug, guess at home he was just following Thai ways.