Rachman

Trip report- Three nights in Bangkok Aug 31-Sept 2

welcome to the forum, great report, you entered forum with big bang!

For first timer you did very well. Escaping that massage place quoting 3000 was right thing to do as they clearly sensed you are newbie and tried to skin you alive.

Classic boys mamasans are recently famous for being obnoxious but is seems you did well with them.

Best time to be at Grand Palace is when they open at 8.30, shortly after it becomes zoo with all those buses delivering masses of tourists.  

If you are flying early in the morning it's actually good idea to have fun with boy till wee hours. Not only due to prolonged fun factor but for practical purpose - you will be tired and sleepy  in your flight which helps you to get some sleep on then plane and fighting jet lag will be easier at home. At least this is my experience. I usually  hold unto boy to the moment I need to go to the airport for that reason.

Don't be under impression Bangkok is just scammers and barkers , both easy to shake off. make sure you return to LOS soon.