abidismaili

Which gay dating apps for Thailand and which for Japan you use?

I have Romeo, Hornet, Grindr and Jack'd. I also had Gaydar but that app appears to be abandoned.

I was wondering - in your experience which - apps are a must have for Thailand? I think only Hornet and Romeo. Most boys have at least these 2.

But what is popular in Japan? I am interested in twinks. Hornet and Romeo two will do it for Japan too, or I will miss some good oppertunities because another one is more popular there?

Whatever app you use, the biggest problem will be the language barrier. I would imagine they would be using the app in Japanese which shuts you out.

The average Japanese person 's English ability is on a par with that of your average Thai, even though they are much better educated.

Best of luck.

I went to Japan 20 years ago and most younger people i met could write English even if they could not speak English. So i gather you can communicate using the apps in Japan. I have met guys from the apps in Taiwan who spoke little or no English. Once they made it to my room it always worked out.

You will need Grindr in Thailand. Hornet and Grindr seem to be the most active apps at present in Bangkok.

Guest samebb

In Bangkok Grindr is mostly full of westerns, and a number of moneyboys (not all of them). I cancelled my grindr xtra months ago which was so important to me when living in Spain.

Hornet is your go to for local boys and the majority of moneyboys. 

I personally, long-term am having a lot more luck with BLUED. It is huge here even compared to the numbers you get on Hornet. Sure, it's less of a hook-up app and more of a social app.. But I am making lots of new "friends" .. hint hint. It also has a build in translation facility, which can be useful if your Thai isn't good.

AFAIK 9Monsters is the most popular gay app in Japan

Its a bit mad as you have to categorise yourself as one of nine "monsters"!

And it too has a built in translator. Language was an issue for my hookups. Was surprises as we committed well on app!

English, or the lack of it, is a big issue in Japan. But most people can read it; they just can't speak it or understand the spoken word.

If you want to "talk" to the guy in person, not on an app, try writing it down.

Google Translate can be a waste of time and you get some very strange translations in Japanese. But it's kind of ok for translating single words.

As someone who speaks and reads Japanese, I've tried it out just for laughs. I got it to translate the words of a song and the result was hilarious. I wouldn't dream of using it; you could find yourself in a sticky situation, but not the kind you want to be in,