Guest Robwales15

arriving in September

Guest Robwales15

due to work the only time i can go this year is the middle of September to middle of October. Ive never been to pattaya in these months b4 is there really so muvh rain in September and also want to go traveling any recommendations? plz i was thinking koh chang, udon thani

I went for 3 weeks in Oct 15 and there was noticeably more rain than November when I usually go. It still wasn't bad though 20 minutes of heavy rain but mostly sunny the rest of the times though some cloudy days also. Not been in September but would Guess hotter and wetter again.

I usually have a 10-14 day holiday in Sept or Oct every year

As others pointed out on another thread you usually get an hour of rain in the evening on most days

Of course the odd day you will get considerably more... but it certainly won't ruin your holiday

The worst part of rainy season is the gigantic drops of rain that fall off the shop house canopies hours after the rain has finished. One stray drop and your head/shirt looks like you were hit with a water balloon!

I've been in Pattaya in September and as the statistics show it is a very wet month, but this has not stopped my enjoyment of my visits. Many days have a heavy thunder storm often during the late afternoon, so you have to make good use of the sunny periods. Then there can be spells when it rains so hard that the drains cannot cope and some areas, such as Soi Buakhow, are flooded to such a degree that movement around is difficult.