Jasper

First new banknotes featuring King out on Chakri Day 6 April

So there would be four versions of 1,000 notes in circulation!

I am getting sick of requesting the newest 1,000 notes at Superrich.

By Bangkok Post

the first series of circulating banknotes to be printed during the reign of His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun will debut with three denominations on Chakri Memorial Day, April 6.

The denominations are 20-, 50- and 100-baht notes, Bank of Thailand governor Veerathai Santipraphob said.

The 500- and 1,000-baht-denominated banknotes will be in circulation on the birthday of His Majesty, which falls on July 28.

Continue....

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1424719/first-new-banknotes-featuring-king-out-on-chakri-day

... I seem to end up leaving the county with Thai baht much more than I should have.

Leave unspent money with your favorite boy, I'm sure he will keep  it for you. LOL

On serious note , I used to take unspent money with me but if I have more than 1000 left I just exchange it  back in the airport  to some usable currency, on last trip in Sept I was pleasantly surprised how little I lost on such an operation.

On the topic of foreign exchange, a Jupiter boy showed me one 100USD note and one 10GBP note which he was given as a tip by a customer who seems run out of Thai Baht.

I didn’t know boys accept foreign money. lol

The money he received was equivalent of 3,500 Baht.

The old notes shouldn't be a problem, the article that I read they said the old will remain in circulation and from what they were saying they will be for quite some time

If it’s legal currency, the boys will accept it. Obviously they prefer baht, but if customer says I can’t take you because I don’t have baht yet, boy will take equivalent amount in foreign currency. They know where the currency exchanges are.

Most of the gogo’ will accept major foreign currency’s, but the exchange rate will definitely not be in your favor.