Guest Promsak

Flying with liquids

Guest Promsak

Flying Bangkok to Phuket of first time in yonks.

Is it still not possible to hand carry liquids etc. as hand luggage.

I had a feeling that I read recently that rules had been relaxed and Thaivisa search proved less than useless at finding information.. Thanks.

Not sure about domestic but every time I fly out of Suvarnabhumi they are only allowing the 100ml of liquids, so many people have to drink or dump the water they have with them.

I took a domestic flight with Air Asia from Don Muang airport last year. I had a bottle of liquid over 150ml in my hand luggage as I didn’t think domestic would be so strict like international flights. Contrary to my prediction, at the X-ray search, I was told it’s not possible to carry into the cabin and I need to check in the small luggage as checked in luggage.

I hurried back to the Air Asia Desk paid few thousand baht penalty for the checked in luggage.

Why would anyone assume the rules are more relaxed for domestic flights? This seems like a no brainer to me. Assume the most strict rules and pack accordingly. It's not that difficult.

Guest Promsak

Why would anyone assume the rules are more relaxed for domestic flights? This seems like a no brainer to me. Assume the most strict rules and pack accordingly. It's not that

Any chance you could find time to READ the message?

I said that I had a feeling that I had read recently that rules had been relaxed.

What was a 'no brainer' about that?

Any chance you could find time to READ the message?

I said that I had a feeling that I had read recently that rules had been relaxed.

What was a 'no brainer' about that?

Having a feeling you read that the rules were relaxed does not seem to me reason enough to take the risk. But the consequences might turn out to nothing on a domestic flight so maybe it won't matter. It's your choice of course, but why invite trouble when it's easy not to?