Guest Bosgam

Newbie Massage Question

Have a question for all the seasoned experts on this forum! For places that charge 1000+ THB for tips, is it safe to assume that you can do more than just a happy ending? Or do you need to negotiate further with masseur? For example, are you allowed to kiss and suck the masseur in Arena?

Arena is 100% transparent that the basic massage charges -- 590(?) for 1 hr oil and minimum "tip" 700/hr 1,000 1.5hr -- only includes hand job/shower & massage.  In my experience the masseur is naked, so I take that as part of the minimum.  

The 700 baht/hour minimum tip includes the following services:-
(1) Masseur wash your body for you in the shower
(2) Massage services provided by the masseur
(3) A hand job

http://arenaspa-bangkok.com/what-is-the-minimum-tips-最低消費是什麼

So anything more needs to be agreed to ahead of time.  I think there are examples of people have not understood this and been flustered that the masseur expects a higher tip for receiving a blow job from the customer.    

If kissing is important I think you really really really must confirm that with the manager when you make your selection.  I think all around the world it is true that some guys in the business kiss and others simply do not.  (For some guys in this part of the world tongue kissing is also not part of their cultural background.)

Now when you're talking about a shop where the minimum tip is 1,000/hr or over, there my going-in assumption is that it is full service.  So, an example might be Prince, where the house charge for 1 hr. oil is 900, the minimum "tip" is 1,000/hr.   http://www.theprincebkk.com  [Prince is just an example, not an exclusive recommendation.  It has it's good points and bad.]  But at Prince or Arena or VCK, or even the Soi Twilight shops, because so many of the guys are straight/top only, if you are interested in kissing you again absolutely MUST confirm that with the manager when you make your selection.

Also, something that I find common at the big shops is that even if you discuss all your requirements with the manager, don't expect him to pass on that helpful customer service info to the masseur.  Ugh.  So, if I were you and it's important, as you're walking to the room wherever you go confirm with the guy "You can kiss - yes?"  It also helps him know what you want and he really want you to be happy.  

Divine Madman said it all but I add that if I consider something important for me / kissing , yes ! / I talk directly to a boy in question.

First, never sure what info mamasan is passing on to a boy, second , to give a boy a chance to answer for himself, is not unknown that for a right client boys may evaluate their inhibitions and always an optimist I usually hope to be that customer.

To answer OP question , yes , if min tip for 1 hr is 1000+ , I'd expect  full service but still it must be cleared with boy what that means.

Once-and thats by now a long time ago, I had a boy who was so un-experienced, that after a while I indeed asked him this and showed him a little of the things I like. That was out of pure boredom as it was snowwhite clear by then it was a complete disaster. To reassure you: it was 1 out of more as 200 sessions in total. Happily it was also long before all those high min-tips were in force.

In general-in really suburban Thai places you can expect for the 1000 ALL-he will do/expects to have to do anything, to you, not necessarily reverse. Need to bargain/make it clear what/how, as far as my own exp. goes, is only in tipical westerner-aimed places. In fact it can happen that the whole treatment goes without any word spoken... And sometimes they make it so dark, that its nearly similar to what can pass in a darkroom.

...I had a boy who was so un-experienced,

...Happily it was also long before all those high min-tips were in force.

That's one of the reason why I avoid places with a minimum tip. During massage I see how it goes, and towards end I decide if I will have a happy ending or not. Which is the case in 1 out of 2  massages. At 5-10 massages per year, the sample is a bit low compared to others.