vinapu

Back in Thailand for 20th time - Oct 2019 trip

and of course a comment on vinapu's (as always) fun and engaging report: it was great to be able to meet and catch up after the missed opportunity in August. It sure felt like he was just on a regular trip, one could hardly feel that there were "other activities" involved at all.... 

Great pleasure meeting @CTCI8F, @GoldMember, Tiger and the pizza at Madrid, thanks to vinapu's introductions

On 10/21/2019 at 6:00 AM, vinapu said:

I, on another hand order what I want to eat and don't need to supplement it from 'communal' dish.

.... except when it comes to pizza at Madrid ;) 

1 hour ago, anddy said:

Seems your PH trip is indeed hi-jacking this trip report thread, maybe open a new one for the purpose? But then the report is finished already, so not too much damage done ;) 

everybody is welcomed to contribute whatever they  wish although chances are people looking for Philippines information may not necessarily be looking into thread tittled ' '20th trip to Thailand", lol

9 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

I am a BIG FAN of the Philippines!! So many beautiful places to visit. And the Guys there are wonderful!!

However, it is correct that the Bars and Massage Places are nothing like Thailand. Use PlanetRomeo and Whatsup to meet guys. I avoid Manila. It is too big and too congested. Takes 2 hours just to get across the City from Malate to Makita. Instead go to Cebu City. It is in the south and more relaxed. And it is a good hopping off place for Adventures; like hiking to the waterfalls, swimming with the whale sharks, mountaineering in the canyons, or just lying on the beach.

I will not turn you trip report into a Travel Ad for the Philippines. Just send me a PM if you want to ask any questions. GWMinUS

...and may I also recommend Davao & Boracay!!! Many thanks 4 liking Philippines!!! :) 

3 hours ago, anddy said:

is this your first time in either country? Just asking... For Thailand you get lots of info here, for PH let me just make a few comments:

- Manila is an ugly mess, as has been said before

- Boracay is gorgeous, though on my last visit in Jan 2018 it was so incredibly overcrowded, it wasn't funny. One may think of their president what one wants, but on the issue of Boracay and his drastic measure to close the entire island for 6 months, I fully support that. Now, after the reopening, it should be back to it's beautiful former self. TIP: the more quiet, and more gay area on White Beach is in the southern section, aka "station 3". Sepcial TIP: go even further to the south, past the rocks, and you will find several small, beautiful sandy coves with usually no people at all. It was like that even in Jan 2018 when otherwise everything was overflowing. It is (or used to be) somewhat of a secret gay spot, too. 

- El Nido is (or was?) incredibly beautiful and was rather quiet when I was there in 2012. Not sure how it is now, so would be interested in uour update. What is the mode of transport there these days? Back then, the only "official" way was by 8 or 10 hour jeepney trip from Puerto Princessa, which compounded it's remoteness and thus it's quietness. But then there was also a somewhat secret, private small plane service directly from Manila, which I took. Things may have changed....

Seems your PH trip is indeed hi-jacking this trip report thread, maybe open a new one for the purpose? But then the report is finished already, so not too much damage done ;) 

Wow, thanks a lot Anddy 4 liking also the Philippines!!! ;) 

12 hours ago, MunichCut said:

Hey Anddy,

i travel to Asia the last 5 Years. I saw some Places in Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia ,Indonesia ,Singapur. But never the Philippines.

you've been around to great places already then. Don't forget to add Myanmar, too. 

One last thing about the Philippines I forgot: after (literally) tasting all the countries you mentioned, be prepared for a major disappointment with the food in PH, it's just awful (sorry @DrimVoiz!!). It's mostly just fried stuff with dry rice, no tasty sauces and curries, nothing. Of course they cite their famous chicken adobo, but even that is nothing to write home about and if that's the best their cuisine can produce that tells you something about the rest. Best stick with standard western tourist food, like pizza, spaghetti (even those they have a talent of making bland and distinctly un-tasty) and even - shock horror - McDonalds, KFC etc etc. 

8 hours ago, anddy said:

you've been around to great places already then. Don't forget to add Myanmar, too. 

One last thing about the Philippines I forgot: after (literally) tasting all the countries you mentioned, be prepared for a major disappointment with the food in PH, it's just awful (sorry @DrimVoiz!!). It's mostly just fried stuff with dry rice, no tasty sauces and curries, nothing. Of course they cite their famous chicken adobo, but even that is nothing to write home about and if that's the best their cuisine can produce that tells you something about the rest. Best stick with standard western tourist food, like pizza, spaghetti (even those they have a talent of making bland and distinctly un-tasty) and even - shock horror - McDonalds, KFC etc etc. 

Its okay, we all have our tastes in food, its just that I wonder where you ate, it seems the selection is limited.

59 minutes ago, DrimVoiz said:

Its okay, we all have our tastes in food, its just that I wonder where you ate, it seems the selection is limited.

I'll admit my selection may have been limited. But I just found it difficult to find good food, whereas in Thailand (and other SE-Asian countries) good food is EVERYWHERE. A friend of mine, who also likes Thailand and good food in general, said the same about Philippine food after a few weeks vacation there. 

13 hours ago, anddy said:

I have to agree.    There is some truly terrible food on offer in the Philippines.   Bland & tasteless junk food.       However, if really taking care to find somewhere good, acceptable food can be found.

Importantly, the boys are good.

4 hours ago, anddy said:

I'll admit my selection may have been limited. But I just found it difficult to find good food, whereas in Thailand (and other SE-Asian countries) good food is EVERYWHERE. A friend of mine, who also likes Thailand and good food in general, said the same about Philippine food after a few weeks vacation there. 

Oh okay...I admit there are really food stand/resto here where they limit the ingridients and spices resulting the food 2 taste bland and not appetizing at all, that maybe the reason but tbh, I like the viand here which I could not find in other Asian countries, that's all!

42 minutes ago, z909 said:

I have to agree.    There is some truly terrible food on offer in the Philippines.   Bland & tasteless junk food.       However, if really taking care to find somewhere good, acceptable food can be found.

Importantly, the boys are good.

It seems Vinapu's report becomes thread 4 the Philippines, he he... :D 

On 10/19/2019 at 8:44 PM, vinapu said:

In meantime guys were presenting themselves , always eye pleasing sight. It looks that my # 9 from Moonlight from day 5 found his way to Jupiter to become # 23 although I’m not 100% sure as he seem to overlook my presence .  

He hasn’t worked in Moonlight.