williewillie

Gutsy move in Jomtien Complex..

A big new French restaurant opened recently right in the midst of the Covid19 pandemic.  It’s very attractive and brightly lit.  I passed by but

dont recall the name.  Its got a prominent corner location and its not far from Dicks Cafe, which is also open.  

The former Man Beer bar on the other end of the Complex is the new

home of the old Double Shot bar formerly in Sunee Plaza.  The Elephant bar has also been gutted in Sunee.  It feels like the proverbial rats jumping

ship before it sinks, in the remnants of Sunee Plaza.

I hope the new French restaurant is successful and am amazed at their gutsy move to open now..

8 hours ago, williewillie said:

I hope the new French restaurant is successful and am amazed at their gutsy move to open now..

as they say ' good crisis can't be wasted " and perhaps now it's time to grab prime real estate for  a cheap.

Open and hopefully they will come

Yes, stijntje , that is the new restaurant in Jomtien.  A friend and I tried it two nights ago. Very good food, ample portions, reasonable prices, great location and a nice restaurant with ample outdoor seating. The menu is quite varied, including Thai food and pizzas. And desserts.

My friend had the lasagna which he said was the best and I had the beef burgundy which was an ample portion and both served with sourdough bread.

Definitely will go back again and support them.

Kokopelli posted just as I was also posting.  I am in complete agreement.  I want to try the sourdough pizzas next 

time.  They even have non alcoholic beers and other nonalcoholic drinks.  Very well thought out and very good asset

for Jomtien Complex.

As an aside, I ran into Marcello, the former owner of Fellinis on Pattayaland soi 1, in the Boyztown area.  He told me he sold Fellinis

about a year ago and still has a restaurant near Food Mart, which is  on Thappaya Rd and not far from Jomtien 

Complex.  Marcello is an unforgettable character.  Good to see he’s still here..

O’Delices restaurant offers outstanding hamburgers for 190b with excellent French fries or a salad.  Two of us went last night

and enjoyed every bite of the large sized cheese burger.  Comparable to Arno’s hamburgers and more convenient than going

to the Terminal.

5 hours ago, williewillie said:

O’Delices restaurant offers outstanding hamburgers for 190b with excellent French fries or a salad.  Two of us went last night

and enjoyed every bite of the large sized cheese burger.  Comparable to Arno’s hamburgers and more convenient than going

to the Terminal.

we are even more jealous that you are there while we  kept away from Thailand

I went again last night with three farang friends.  We all ordered the hamburgers which come with cheese and onions.

I totally enjoyed mine and relished every bite.  One friend said it was okay but he preferred Arno’s, another said very good

and one didn’t like it at all.  These guys also gave Arnos hamburgers mixed reviews, while I thought they were excellent..
One commented that the burgers were loose, not well compacted.  I solved this with utensils.