faranglaw

Two questions on recognition of same sex couples, and quarantine requirements

Hi all:

I continue to enjoy reading everyone’s posts. I’m wondering if those of you residing in LOS can answer a couple of questions:

1. Will the new government proposal regarding same sex relationships apply at all to binational relationships?  Will a foreign partner be recognized in some ways as equal to a foreign partner in a heterosexual marriage with a Thai national?

2. Regarding the quarantine requirement on entering Thailand, does anyone know where the quarantine facilities are, what they are like, and the cost?  I understand farang would have to pay for their quarantine accommodations, but Thai nationals would  not. 

I haven’t found answers to these questions on line. Neither has Dear Husband in his exploration of Thai language sources, although he did read that the food at the quarantine facilities was good!

Thanks, faranglaw

Suprisingly it seems you can even use the pool and gym in the quarantine hotels ... doesnt sound too bad then. So one question remains, can you have guests in the room during quarantine?

Also interesting that some of the hotels are available for regular bookings on booking sites ... i wouldn't want to mingle with people in quarantine. But you could book the adjacent room for your gogo boy during quarantine.

3 hours ago, 10tazione said:

.. i wouldn't want to mingle with people in quarantine

you and most of us are doing that on daily basis every time we leave our homes. Everybody , until tested negatively  ( and what percentage of us is really  tested ? ) can be potential virus carrier and spreader and thus subject of quarantine. New arrivals are just chosen ones.

On 7/18/2020 at 7:20 AM, faranglaw said:

Will the new government proposal regarding same sex relationships apply at all to binational relationships?  Will a foreign partner be recognized in some ways as equal to a foreign partner in a heterosexual marriage with a Thai national?

If the proposal is passed as proposed, the answer is yes.

However, don't make the mistake of assuming it will be so great or something you would want to jump into.  Many serious questions already have come up - and none of know the answers yet.

I suggest reading the topic about it on my board.  See:  https://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10441

On 7/18/2020 at 11:27 PM, Gaybutton said:

If the proposal is passed as proposed, the answer is yes.

However, don't make the mistake of assuming it will be so great or something you would want to jump into.  Many serious questions already have come up - and none of know the answers yet.

I suggest reading the topic about it on my board.  See:  https://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10441

Thanks!