TotallyOz

A Walk Around Gay Bangkok - December 25, 2020

OK. It was Christmas Day. Perhaps, that means everyone wanted to stay home with family and friends. However, I wanted to see what was going on in the gay bars and clubs. I ventured out for the night. I had some drinks at Hot Male bar and then looked inside the gogo bar with zero boys on stage. I went to Fresh Boys and no customers at all and less than 10 on stage. I went to Screwboys and it was abysmal. I then went to Dream Boys and they were packed with sexy guys. Well, at least some guys and I'd say about 15 guys. I went to Moonlight and got there before the show. I was the only customer. The boys on stage were 12. They were all cute and muscular. But, watching the 12 of them up and down for 30 more minutes was not worth it for me. I called it a night and headed home. I do hope this was an anomaly. I left the area early, around 10:15, so perhaps it picked up a lot after that. But, sitting in the area and not seeing much traffic, makes me wonder if things were just going to stay quiet last night.

As a side note, I had to go to the doctor twice this week during rush hours in Bangkok and NO traffic and easy to get everywhere. The driver said people were staying home afraid of Covid as we have had outbreaks in the area. I hope this is the case.

When I left Bangkok last February, all the venues in Patpong and Silom were experiencing noticeable declines in attendance. People were reacting in the same way they are now out of a healthy dose of fear. When the government gets a handle of the current outbreak, this will reverse itself among the locals but it will do nothing to attract international tourists.

Today's Thaiger carried an article about a new website launched by the TAT to simplify the booking of ASQ hotels in the hope that it would encourage more arrivals. One look, however, at the booking process tells the tale of why the people needed to save the hospitality sector are not following through.

TAT launch new Alternative State Quarantine

46 minutes ago, reader said:

When I left Bangkok last February, all the venues in Patpong and Silom were experiencing noticeable declines in attendance. People were reacting in the same way they are now out of a healthy dose of fear. When the government gets a handle of the current outbreak, this will reverse itself among the locals but it will do nothing to attract international tourists.

Today's Thaiger carried an article about a new website launched by the TAT to simplify the booking of ASQ hotels in the hope that it would encourage more arrivals. One look, however, at the booking process tells the tale of why the people needed to save the hospitality sector are not following through.

TAT launch new Alternative State Quarantine

I saw this too. How to obtain COVID insurance, have it clearly documented and acceptable to the Thai customs is a mystery to me.