Guest Matrix

Another Management meltdown?

• Members
I actually got to see Ralph Woods in Montreal several years ago when he was dancing at Adonis.. He had his bleached blonde hair back then, and was probably 18-19 years old..a beautiful boy with a beautiful toy.. I never got to do a dance with him because he was so busy with regulars...The last few trips I have made to Montreal, I have seen him out and about in the Village..

Was it you who mentioned some Ralph Woods sightings on a Montreal thread over at Daddy's?

Meant to acknowledge that, if the only thing I did in Montreal was see Ralph Woods twice in a week, I would have considered it seven days well spent. That kid does it for me and from everything I've read or heard, he's a nice kid too. I'm glad that marcanthony recalls seeing him with a big smile on his face. (I expect both Ralph and marcanthony had big smiles. :D:D )

ralph-woods-big-smile.jpg

ralph-woods-briefs-pic.jpg

ralph-woods-ass.jpg

ralph-woods-bikini-bottom.jpg

ralph-woods-cock-1.jpg

ralph-woods-facial.jpg

Back on topic, another thing I like about the MER site is that they've figured out a way to allow erections to be posted.

• Members

I'm one of those people right now.

Reading what The Daddy wrote on the closed site really makes you think he could give a shit about his members. He said:

"Finding new members is easy because we have a steady stream of new users that show up daily and a few stick around for a while."

Indeed.

They measure their success by the quantity (not quality) of participation.

They have done well enough (by their criteria) despite the attitude they

have toward reviewers; I don't expect them to change.

I'm pretty much through with daddy's.

• Members

manticore, I am sure that there are others who are "pretty much through" with daddy's. But that isn't the same as being through. Besides all of the contretemps that occur, many fine people post there, and it is hard to leave them.

It's true that I don't and didn't want to be a moderator.Being a moderator takes a diplomatic temperament, which is one reason why Cooper is so good at it. But I also had no desire to be part of management. I can handle being the moderator of one small forum (now closed temporarily by deej:

Closed temporarily

This forum was created contingent on having a moderator. That moderator has repeatedly quit.

We're evaluating options.

But, I didn't like being in the moderator forum itself, where I found myself being more of the advocate my lawyerly training made me than being part of the daddy and deej chorus. That didn't sit well with them, and thus it was just a pain for me.

Think what you wish. I didn't post there for ten years just to make trouble. I felt that I contributed to the site and I enjoyed being Lucky. But Lucky wasn't cut out to be a moderator.

• Members

I had been "pretty much through" after Daddy's last two meltdowns. I think it's really unfortunate what his stability has done to the thriving community most of us were an active part of under dear departed Hooboy.

Just this last week or two I'd started to forget why I'd left, was going to look in for the second or third time when I saw Daddy's same old shit repeating itself.

I really hope this forum grows (permanently this time!) as a result of this. I check MER regularly but should try to participate more.

JamesK

• Members

Was it you who mentioned some Ralph Woods sightings on a Montreal thread over at Daddy's?

Meant to acknowledge that, if the only thing I did in Montreal was see Ralph Woods twice in a week, I would have considered it seven days well spent. That kid does it for me and from everything I've read or heard, he's a nice kid too. I'm glad that marcanthony recalls seeing him with a big smile on his face. (I expect both Ralph and marcanthony had big smiles. :D:D )

"Ralph" began his career as a dancer at Adonis, where he was making side money to support himself going to school to become a locksmith. Ultimately, it turned out he was way cute and way nice and people really liked him and so he moved into the entertainment business instead! ^_^

In spite of his now ended marriage to Pierre Fitch and his occasional jaunts to Florida for Johnny's or Europe for Bel Ami, he is still very often out and about in his hometown of Montreal. He is always friendly, engaging, and remembers your name and greets you warmly. Whenever I see him at Unity, we always share a drink and a nice conversation.

Classy guy... and yes, sexy as hell too.

Guest StuCotts

But here I got a paycheck for it. ^_^

I'm just naïve enough about message board doings to ask whether I should take this serioisly or place all faith in the emoticon.

P.S. Scheissesprachebedeutungslosestolz. Goethe it ain't, but my own humble, fun-to-type neologism, to which I invite corrections from the more Teutonically inclined.

P.P.S. Sorry to break into the enchantment that is Ralph.

• Members

I'm just naïve enough about message board doings to ask whether I should take this serioisly or place all faith in the emoticon.

I recall AdamSmith winning a posting contest a year or so ago. I was struck by the fact that MER was encouraging people to post, while Daddy seemed to consider it an irritant at best.

P.P.S. Sorry to break into the enchantment that is Ralph.

My fault entirely. Not here twenty-four hours before highjacking a thread. I'll show myself out. B)

• Members

Lucky, can you tell us what occasioned the lockout or are moderators bound by a blood oath of secrecy?

I agree with the concept that moderators should keep the discussions they have in the moderators forum private. You can't post freely there if you think that whatever you say is going to be revealed in the forums. There is no blood oath...or sperm oath for that matter.

It would appear that the message center was shut down to do the beta testing on the new format. I was not informed of the reason, so if it is because a vacation was needed, well, Daddy and deej are entitled to time off, except that deej seems to be spending his vacation shutting down the Arts Forum.

It was asked earlier what moderators do. For me, in the Arts Forum, in 4 months I deleted a thread, moved a thread to another forum, and consolidated two posts into one since they asked the same question. That part of the job was a breeze!

• Members

But Lucky wasn't cut out to be a moderator.

I could have told anybody that if they'd asked. This is in no way a slam at Lucky. Au contraire, it may be a kudo of a type.

Lucky is the uber poster -- love him or hate him. He loves to read and particpate in discussions. Unfortunately, this is not a good trait for a moderator who is a lightening rod just by the force of his position. That inhibits particpation, or it should, and that is not Lucky at his best or his happiest.

• Members

"Ralph" began his career as a dancer at Adonis, where he was making side money to support himself going to school to become a locksmith. Ultimately, it turned out he was way cute and way nice and people really liked him and so he moved into the entertainment business instead! ^_^

In spite of his now ended marriage to Pierre Fitch and his occasional jaunts to Florida for Johnny's or Europe for Bel Ami, he is still very often out and about in his hometown of Montreal. He is always friendly, engaging, and remembers your name and greets you warmly. Whenever I see him at Unity, we always share a drink and a nice conversation.

Classy guy... and yes, sexy as hell too.

Those were heady days at the height of the Montreal experience. I remember that night we met Ralph. I couldn't believe my eyes.

We had been at Taboo's parked at our reserved table for sometime, enjoying the crowd and the boys. I had forgone supper to arrive early to secure our table. Eventually hunger of the more routine kind overtook me and I excused myself to run over to McDonalds for a couple of quick burgers. Being next to Adonis I ducked in for quick survey to see what the competition had. That is when I saw a lean twink on stage going through his routine.

I was nothing short of flabbergasted at the site of this young thin twink hung like a stallion putting it all out for show on stage. Needless to say I hung around until I managed to take him in the back for 8-10 dances. Nice kid, friendly and conversant as well as entertaining. :D He had just turned 18 two weeks earlier and has started dancing for extra money as you mentioned.

I finally broke off from my fixation fearing bankruptcy in my near future. ^_^ As I left I told Ralph that I would send a friend right over. I scurried back to Taboo to inform you that a very pleasant suprise named Ralph awaited you over at Adonis. You wasted no time picking up on my Ralph-alert. lol.

• Members

Those were heady days at the height of the Montreal experience. I remember that night we met Ralph. I couldn't believe my eyes.

We had been at Taboo's parked at our reserved table for sometime, enjoying the crowd and the boys. I had forgone supper to arrive early to secure our table. Eventually hunger of the more routine kind overtook me and I excused myself to run over to McDonalds for a couple of quick burgers. Being next to Adonis I ducked in for quick survey to see what the competition had. That is when I saw a lean twink on stage going through his routine.

I was nothing short of flabbergasted at the site of this young thin twink hung like a stallion putting it all out for show on stage. Needless to say I hung around until I managed to take him in the back for 8-10 dances. Nice kid, friendly and conversant as well as entertaining. :D He had just turned 18 two weeks earlier and has started dancing for extra money as you mentioned.

I finally broke off from my fixation fearing bankruptcy in my near future. ^_^ As I left I told Ralph that I would send a friend right over. I scurried back to Taboo to inform you that a very pleasant suprise named Ralph awaited you over at Adonis. You wasted no time picking up on my Ralph-alert. lol.

Such good times and good memories. Let's do it again sometime! (minus Adonis of course) ^_^

• Members

Short memory and lack of appreciation. How arrogant can “Daddy” be?

Not long ago “Daddy” was begging for money from us posters to his site. He claimed that he needed money not only to keep his site going but he needed money for personal items including daily living expenses and rent or house payments.

Many of us contributed; not a lot of money but we contributed out of appreciation for his forum.

Now, it appears that “Daddy” has past his financial crisis and does not need us anymore; or at least at the present moment.

Despite the generosity of many of the posters from his forum, on July 16 of this year, “Daddy” abruptly shut down the site stating various disingenuous reasons for doing so.

In the future if “Daddy” again gets into a financial bind, I presume he will come out again (or have someone do it for him) and beg for more money. I, as well as many other posters, will remember his callousness of shutting or closing the forum again based on his childish antics.

Shutting down the forum clearly demonstrates a lack of respect and appreciation for long time posters who came to “Daddy’s” rescue when he sent his (disingenuous?) monetary distress calls.

• Members

manticore, I am sure that there are others who are "pretty much through" with daddy's. But that isn't the same as being through. Besides all of the contretemps that occur, many fine people post there, and it is hard to leave them.

It's true that I don't and didn't want to be a moderator.Being a moderator takes a diplomatic temperament, which is one reason why Cooper is so good at it. But I also had no desire to be part of management. I can handle being the moderator of one small forum (now closed temporarily by deej:

Closed temporarily

This forum was created contingent on having a moderator. That moderator has repeatedly quit.

We're evaluating options.

But, I didn't like being in the moderator forum itself, where I found myself being more of the advocate my lawyerly training made me than being part of the daddy and deej chorus. That didn't sit well with them, and thus it was just a pain for me.

Think what you wish. I didn't post there for ten years just to make trouble. I felt that I contributed to the site and I enjoyed being Lucky. But Lucky wasn't cut out to be a moderator.

Short memory and lack of appreciation. How arrogant can “Daddy” be?

Not long ago “Daddy” was begging for money from us posters to his site. He claimed that he needed money not only to keep his site going but he needed money for personal items including daily living expenses and rent or house payments.

Many of us contributed; not a lot of money but we contributed out of appreciation for his forum.

Now, it appears that “Daddy” has past his financial crisis and does not need us anymore; or at least at the present moment.

Despite the generosity of many of the posters from his forum, on July 16 of this year, “Daddy” abruptly shut down the site stating various disingenuous reasons for doing so.

In the future if “Daddy” again gets into a financial bind, I presume he will come out again (or have someone do it for him) and beg for more money. I, as well as many other posters, will remember his callousness of shutting or closing the forum again based on his childish antics.

Shutting down the forum clearly demonstrates a lack of respect and appreciation for long time posters who came to “Daddy’s” rescue when he sent his (disingenuous?) monetary distress calls.

• Members

I said "pretty much" through in the spirit of "never say never".

But recent experience there (regarding reviewing, not forum moderation)

has left me disinclined to participate further. Reviewers provide the

content that makes the site what it is; you'd think Daddy would see

reviewers as a resource and show them more respect than he does.

I was happy to contribute when HooBoy ran the place, but not now.

• Members

I said "pretty much" through in the spirit of "never say never".

But recent experience there (regarding reviewing, not forum moderation)

has left me disinclined to participate further. Reviewers provide the

content that makes the site what it is; you'd think Daddy would see

reviewers as a resource and show them more respect than he does.

I was happy to contribute when HooBoy ran the place, but not now.

That “Daddy” character doesn’t show respect for himself much less those who participate in his forum.

Like I previously said, just wait until the “Daddy” character needs money again.

I think his contempt for the posters is now crystal clear. On his site upon closing it down, he said posters come and go but moderators are hard to find. Going on vacation. No warning - nothing -

Next time it will be difficult or impossible for him to find posters willing to send him money when he (or someone on his behalf) pleads and begs on the site for money. His contemptuous message that he left after closing the site tells us a lot about him (not good things) and how he feels about those who post on his site.

Somehow the “Daddy” character does not realize that advertisers that pay to advertise on his site depend on traffic and viewing of the advertisements they pay to have displayed.

When the site is closed down because “Daddy” has a bad day, the advertisements cannot be viewed. Should the advertisers continue to pay while the site is closed for capricious reasons?

Guest StuCotts

Next time it will be difficult or impossible for him to find posters willing to send him money when he (or someone on his behalf) pleads and begs on the site for money.

I beg to differ. If the situation were logical your statement would make complete sense. But it's not. I see a hard core of daddy people who show every sign of scarcely having a life apart from the site. They will cough up again if importuned, with no thought of contempuous attitudes. Others whose core is slightly softer may donate more reluctantly or less generously, but not quit. And the whole crowd will continue posting doggedly for as long as there is a wisp of site left.

I don't pretend to understand the underlying mentalities. I can make an analogy to battered wife syndrome, which I realize is a fearsome stretch, but not entirely irrelevant.

• Members

I haven't posted here in ages. But, it is refreshing and nice to be able to see some of my favorite posters here.

Thanks to Lucky for his balanced perspective on the other site. I didn't know the Arts forum was being dismantled. That's a real shame - I thoroughly enjoyed that part of the site.

Was also very surprised to see this topic included some very nice pix of Ralph Wood. Some of those shots (and others on this site) would not have been allowed @ Daddy's. Makes me wonder if Daddy is just being overly cautious on the legalities of posting explicit shots or if this site is willing to take a chance.

Again, I appreciate the info in this thread and those who provide an insight on the issue.

I met a guy named "OZ" once who sounded like he wanted to buy the Daddy empire which by the way Daddy claims is on the brink of being broke.

Offers were made. Offers were ignored. ^_^ I guess an influx of cash made the offer moot.

Lucky,

Congrats on your moderatorship, if I'm not too late. I just found out.

Me too. Congrats!

You are kidding? The myths of needing cash have been melted away over the years. If anyone actually believed that they were not dong their homework. I also beg to differ, when he comes back and asks for more money, again more will be given. It reminds me of the Jim and Tammy Faye Baker love affair of my youth.

I don't pretend to understand the underlying mentalities. I can make an analogy to battered wife syndrome, which I realize is a fearsome stretch, but not entirely irrelevant.

Good analogy.

I haven't posted here in ages. But, it is refreshing and nice to be able to see some of my favorite posters here.

We welcome your One Finger and the four other ones as well.

Guest FourAces

Just awesome! Most of the people posting in this thread should be on their hands and knees kissing OZ ass thanking him for allowing them to use his bandwidth to temporarily bitch here. After all most of you are fucking cowards ... blind sheep ... followers .... most of you will go running back to daddys forums as soon as they open. Do not tell me differently either assholes ... your lack of participation here is well noted. Go on now move along daddy needs another round of donations to keep his message center open ... you guys are just awesome!

post-100094-12797842736105_thumb.jpg

• Members

Just awesome! Most of the people posting in this thread should be on their hands and knees kissing OZ ass thanking him for allowing them to use his bandwidth to temporarily bitch here. After all most of you are fucking cowards ... blind sheep ... followers .... most of you will go running back to daddys forums as soon as they open. Do not tell me differently either assholes ... your lack of participation here is well noted. Go on now move along daddy needs another round of donations to keep his message center open ... you guys are just awesome!

Interesting way of putting the situation into perspective (as blunt as is it).

However, from me, he will never get another penny.

Will I post over there again? I do not know. I might just read the site as I have done for quite some time before I posted.

I think the Daddy character's contempt for his loyal posters was obvious by his announcement when he closed the site - posters come and go - moderators are hard to find.

Doesn't that mentally challenged character realize if there is no traffic on this site, advertisers will go elsewhere? But, then again, the Daddy character is not known for being bright.

-

• Members

Cracks me up every time I read about people donating money to Daddy. It really is true that a sucker is born every minute. And there is a never ending supply.

I still remember intelligent people I knew well contributing money to Hooboy. He was staying in $1000 a night suites and filling them up with boys from the money he was making from the site. And Daddy has followed right along begging for money from people who ought to know better.

If you want to throw your money away give it to OZ and Tampa who run the site the way it should be run and never lower themselves to be Beggars