BiBottomBoy

Smoking

Guest Klair

What do you think of that?

Do you smoke?

I don't know if the study is correct, but I am ashamed to admit that I do smoke. I'm not proud of it, but I am a smoker.

I have never been a smoker. But, I love a good Cuban Cigar. Hooboy and I use to light up these great cigars poolside in Thailand.

When I was in law school, after every final exam of the year, my friends and I would light up and enjoy.

I have always had boyfriends that smoke but I have never enjoyed it. If I did, I'd probably be addicted today.

• Members

Unfort I am a smoker even though I think it is icky. Back in the 90's I noticed a lot of the gays (mostly guys) smoked. But since about 2000 I've noticed or at least it seems fewer and fewer guys smoking. It might be because I no longer go to the bars or it might be because of the no smoking in public places.

Hugs,

Greg

• Members

I smoked for one glorious summer in 1981 when I was 9 years old. I'd caught my sister, who is three years older, lighting up and to keep me quiet she gave me some cigs. All came to an end when mom and dad caught us...

• Members

I like a cigar, may once every week or so. Never sure I'm right when I automatically answer no, I'm not a smoker.

Not a big fan of getting together with guys that smoke, but it's pretty unavoidable and there are worse smells!

• Members

I think people who smoke cigars should be considered smokers. From a psychological viewpoint it's satisfying the same desires, you are still smoking tobacco and putting nicotine into your system. You are just doing so less often.

And you're getting a much higher dose of nicotine per cigar than cigarettes. Yet you're not getting the added chemicals and you're generally not inhaling smoke into your lungs, which combined with the frequency lessens the medial impact greatly.

• Members

I detest cigarettes. After smoking for 19 years, I went to the Schick Clinic for adversion therapy. They put me in a tiny room where every night for five nights I had to smoke myself to death. Hotboxing it, etc. There was a mirror in front of me, so I could see what I looked like, face red, nose running. A little electric shock on my hand every time I lifted the fag. The walls were covered with cigarette ads, showing glamorous people in Salem settings and hot Marlboro men. Look in the mirror, they said. Is that what you look like? Well,hell,no. The ashtray hadn't been emptied for days.

At the end, they gave me a cigarette and said that if I smoked it all the way down, they would refund my money-$500. This is in 1980 when that was some money. I didn't smoke it, and never smoked again. 28 years later, how much have I saved? Cigs were $6.10 a carton then...and I smoked 30 cigarettes a day.

Guest NYTomcat

I detest cigarettes. After smoking for 19 years, I went to the Schick Clinic for adversion therapy. They put me in a tiny room where every night for five nights I had to smoke myself to death. Hotboxing it, etc. There was a mirror in front of me, so I could see what I looked like, face red, nose running. A little electric shock on my hand every time I lifted the fag. The walls were covered with cigarette ads, showing glamorous people in Salem settings and hot Marlboro men. Look in the mirror, they said. Is that what you look like? Well,hell,no. The ashtray hadn't been emptied for days.

At the end, they gave me a cigarette and said that if I smoked it all the way down, they would refund my money-$500. This is in 1980 when that was some money. I didn't smoke it, and never smoked again. 28 years later, how much have I saved? Cigs were $6.10 a carton then...and I smoked 30 cigarettes a day.

Well a friend of mine and I are going on Chantix together. figure we can bitch at each other and hopefully not piss off too many others along the way. I love smoking. Id just rather not pay to kill myself.

But as Mark Twain said "Quitting smoking is the easiest thing to do. you can do it 20 times a day"

Guest FourAces

Well a friend of mine and I are going on Chantix together. figure we can bitch at each other and hopefully not piss off too many others along the way. I love smoking. Id just rather not pay to kill myself.

But as Mark Twain said "Quitting smoking is the easiest thing to do. you can do it 20 times a day"

Hey haven't seen you here before "cat." welcome to the forum.

Good luck on quitting.

I was very lucky after smoking two packs a day for seven years I quit cold turkey as they say. I never had an urge for a smoke since that moment, very strange I was able to do that about 36 years ago!

Now if I could just do that with food I be the man on the moon :D

Guest NYTomcat

Hey haven't seen you here before "cat." welcome to the forum.

Good luck on quitting.

I was very lucky after smoking two packs a day for seven years I quit cold turkey as they say. I never had an urge for a smoke since that moment, very strange I was able to do that about 36 years ago!

Now if I could just do that with food I be the man on the moon :D

Thanks 4 Aces, Im new, well, new here. :D Thats my problem see. I just lost 100 pounds. I did it with food and Im not loving the idea of munching my way through stopping smoking. <_<

To say nothing of twitching and not being able to concentrate at work while withdrawal kicks in.

I quit smoking with the patch once for about 30 days. Once of the things I've noticed is that when you do that you end up hanging out with people who've never smoked. And you realize that many of them are boring judgmental assholes.

I get along well with former smokers. I get along well with current smokers, but a fair number (not all) of the people who never smoked are people that I can't deal with at all.

In some ways I'm sorta glad that smoking repels them and keeps them out of my life.

Guest NYTomcat

I get along well with former smokers. I get along well with current smokers, but a fair number (not all) of the people who never smoked are people that I can't deal with at all.

In some ways I'm sorta glad that smoking repels them and keeps them out of my life.

AMEN Brother and can I have a HALLELUJAH