Guest Conway

Fragata Versus LaGoa

I'm headed back down in a couple of weeks for a little leisure. have been to LaGoa many time. But, I have never been to Fragata. What's the difference between the two?

Thanks, Lucky. Any other recommendations in Sao Paulo that may have sprung up since I last visited four years ago?

I'm not doing Rio this time. Just SP and Floripa.

Night and day, in my opinion. In 3 visits to Fragata I have never met someone I wanted to pay. Now I will step aside for those differing opinions...

Lucky you and I agree!!

but I will say that you never know what hot guy might show up at any sauna on a given night, but the odds are much greater you will find someone to your liking at Lagoa. I would probably only go to Fragata if there was absolutely no one that interested me in Lagao. In Rio I often go to 3 saunas on the same night, but Pointe is 15 mins. from 117 and 117 is 10 mins. from Meo Mundo so easy to do! So I can see all the guys that are out and working, but in S.P. there is a lot more distance between the saunas and Lagoa usually has enough guys to keep everyone "busy".

• Members

Night and day, in my opinion. In 3 visits to Fragata I have never met someone I wanted to pay. Now I will step aside for those differing opinions...

I totally agree, been 3 times at Fragata and never scored, but what really puzzles me is Meio Mundo: the guys there might fit some specialty tastes but the facilities are very bad and unsafe (healthwise). Can't believe people have sex in matresses used by others without a sheet!

... Can't believe people have sex in matresses used by others without a sheet!

Gotti, that is only in the "free roooms" at MM, which are the original old plywood divider rooms, where guys who are too cheap to pay for a room go! the paid rooms have beds with clean sheets. also you can pay I think it's $1 or $2.R for a set a sets to take to the free rooms.

• Members

Gotti, The Fragata Sauna is smaller and has a limited number of everything. When I went there were two guys who interested me, but we did not connect as both smoked. I told one of the boys that my friend and I had planned to be at that special art exhibit which comes to Sao Paulo every two years (...can't spell it.) the next day. Lo and behold this guy showed up unexpectedly and hung out with my friend and me. We enjoyed our unsolicited time with him but did not take him with us afterwards. He left to go to the sauna.

Might I invite you to go to Fragata to see for yourself what dwells there? You might be the lucky traveler and find one or more guys during the time of your visit who interest and delight you.

Gotti, The Fragata Sauna is smaller and has a limited number of everything. When I went there were two guys who interested me, but we did not connect as both smoked. I told one of the boys that my friend and I had planned to be at that special art exhibit which comes to Sao Paulo every two years (...can't spell it.) the next day. Lo and behold this guy showed up unexpectedly and hung out with my friend and me. We enjoyed our unsolicited time with him but did not take him with us afterwards. He left to go to the sauna.

Might I invite you to go to Fragata to see for yourself what dwells there? You might be the lucky traveler and find one or more guys during the time of your visit who interest and delight you.

Thanks Axiom. I will swing through both Fragata and Meo Mundo at least once on my visit.

• Members

I was just at New Meio Mundo two days ago. The sheet/lencol is 4Reais. And there is little to no difference between the free cabines and the smallest of the rooms that they charge for. Honestly. The biggest difference is that for the rooms they charge for, they throw in a sheet. The free cabines are a bit smaller. So if you are having a group event/festivities that might be a consideration. Also, they are supposed to have rooms for 15R/20R and 25R. Not so. They have raised their prices and all rooms start at 20Reais. Other than the rooms being one floor lower, and the hallway being a bit more private. I cannot perceive the difference. I'd prefer to give the money to the boy for his plate of food and drink or entry than pay for a room which seems the same to me.

Gotti, If your Portuguese is not up to snuff, the word for sheet is lencol - the c is pronounced like an S. And save on the cost of the "kit" and bring your own lube and condoms. Many do. Save on the high charge from the sauna. It is a big moneymaker for them. A friend priced it out once.

Also, if you want to make the sauna guy happy, give him your second towel. They are issued to minitowel at entry. A larger towel will cost them 10Reais extra for the day. And most do like the comfort of the larger. The will be thankful. Also, before going into the showers, either downastairs or up, ask at the desk for a fresh bar of soap. There is no cost for this and the dispenser are frequently out of the liquid type. I always think a bar soap works better anyway.

I might know a bit more than others as I do live here.

Save on the high charge from the sauna. It is a big moneymaker for them. A friend priced it out once.

Also, if you want to make the sauna guy happy, give him your second towel.

Thanks Ihpguy for the practical and small-details advice. With your permission, two follow-up questions:

1) What were you referring to in the first sentence above? What's "the high charge" that can be "priced out"?

2) I'd love to make a garroto happy, but how can I give him one of my two towels? First, I thought one was for wearing and the other for drying? Second, don't I have to return both when I check out?

Thanks.

• Members

The ridiculous charge for the kit. A couple condoms and one small envelope of lube. Bring your own with condoms of a couple of sizes, a tube of lube and one of massage cream for the skin. It saves a bit of money. The tube of lube is much easier to open and use than those crappy little envelopes and depending on the guy, you might need a differently-sized condom.

I normaly dry myself after I shower in that area of the sauna. I don't like to walk around dripping water. I get drafty quite easily. So the second towel that MM provides I usually just use on my feet to get really dry before putting on my shoes. However, I often wear flip-flops, especially now in the heat of summer. So the second towel is hardly ever needed by me. Also, the clients do not return the towels to the counter at check-out. They are normally left on the floor in front of the locker with your flip-flops/Havaiana's. So a couple of times the second towel has been a nice little good-bye gift to the garoto I have been with. They are more comfortable and you've saved them 10Reais. Besides they now have a larger towel to dry with. As far as I can see, there is no "control" by the house of these towels.

• Members

Of course, this is if I leave after one programa and do not want a dry towel as I am going to stay longer and want a second dry one for personal use.

During my last visit to Rio in 2007, I brought my own condoms and lube with me to the saunas that I visited. At Meo Mundo as a small way of saying "obrigado" to the guys who have been oh, so "sweet and down-to-earth" throughout my visits there, I distributed my leftover gold XXX condoms to the guys with whom I had visited as well as a few others who were cordial and flirtatious and friendly overall.

Thanks, ihpguy for your advice. For you know additional guidance helps us all! :smile: :smile:

Lagoa has just been hopping with hot boys during the six days that I have been in Sao Paulo. Definitely the best group of garotos I have seen on my three visits down here.

I have settled on 2-3 that I mix and match each night. Buy them a sanduiche, a sugo and tip them very well for being my companions exclusively for the evening. They seem to like that over having to arrange 3-4 programmas to make the same kind of money. Instead, they do one or two with me and hang out until I head back to my hotel.

A tight bodied little body builder type from Minas Gerais, William, with school boy good looks, a big dick, and an ability to go multiple times a night has to rate as my favorite this time around.

• Members

I dig Lagoa. On one wall they have all these pictures from G and other gay magazines and one night I was staring at one of the centerfolds and lo and behold he walks up to me and asks me if I like the pic. I had fun with him. There are certain things I don't like about this sauna, the sheer size and the rat maze feel to some of it, but when it comes to garotos --- it is hands down the best in Sao Paulo and one of the top two that I have seen in Brazil (up to seven so far).

• Members

I dig Lagoa. On one wall they have all these pictures from G and other gay magazines and one night I was staring at one of the centerfolds and lo and behold he walks up to me and asks me if I like the pic. I had fun with him. There are certain things I don't like about this sauna, the sheer size and the rat maze feel to some of it, but when it comes to garotos --- it is hands down the best in Sao Paulo and one of the top two that I have seen in Brazil (up to seven so far).

You actually saw the guy's pic on the wall and then he made himself available? I like that. One could fantasize for years and never have that happen to him, so it was a lucky moment for you.