Guest zipperzone

It's the Bieb again

Guest zipperzone

Once more the little Canadian shit hit the news in a bad way. Accused of "egging" his neighbour's house,, causing $10,000 damage, having his own house raided by the police and finding and arresting one of his associates with possession of coke, it sounds like he is just one step away from a felony conviction.

You'd think that with all his $$$ he would be able to choose a better class of hanger oners.

• Members

What you have described is one reason "trusts" generally do not allow recipients to have large sums of money until at least 25 years of age. Even then, it can be overwhelming. Look at pro athletes. How many of them "handle" money even with professional "minders". Answer: Not many. Ditto airline pilots. They generally have lots of toys, lots of ex-wives and almost no money.

Dealing with money and fame are things that have to be learned and taught, if learned at all.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

On an egging complaint, the cops went in 12 strong, armed and armoured to the hilt. :ninja: That's what I found interesting.

What rumors are the local PD hearing about the goings on at chez Bieber that would prompt them to move in with a full scale assault team on an neighbor's egging complaint?

Guest PasadenaCA

Bieber aside, I watched the thing on local TV here and was surprised to learn that Calabasas doesn't have its own police department. LA County Sheriffs raided the residence. Apparently, just like West Hollywood, Calabasas contracts with the county.

• Members

The "raid" seemed to me to be an over reaction but I suppose they have had enough of him so perhaps not so...and I don't buy that it is not a message as the sheriff department is saying. I do think they hoped to find more, and apparently they did as someone got arrested for drug possession. I am not sure why the owner of the house wasn't arrested as well but perhaps someone took the fall for it to save the biebs.

Not 'a message'

The vandalism case is being treated as a felony because it caused $20,000 in damages according to the homeowner, the sheriff's department said.

"We didn't do this search warrant to send a message, that's not what we do," Thompson said. "This has nothing to do with him being a celebrity. This is a felony crime."

Thompson said the cost of damages was high because the exterior of Bieber's neighbor's home was made of imported wood and brick.

Also...

A unnamed person in Bieber's home at the time of the search was arrested for narcotics possession when deputies found cocaine in plain view, Thompson said.

Celebrity news website TMZ.com identified the man as aspiring 20-year-old rapper Lil Za, who is often photographed with Bieber. The website published photos and video of Lil Za, whose real name Xavier Smith, handcuffed and being led to a deputy's car.

The rapper is being held on $20,000 bond, according to country records.

http://www.voanews.com/content/reu-police-raid-justin-biebers-home-arrest-man-for-drugs/1830488.html

Guest zipperzone

As we all know, money buys influence. I wonder if Beiber would ever really be thrown in the tank and eventually convicted of something. I think not - unfortunately.

Guest lurkerspeaks

While the police supposedly confiscated his cell phone looking for incriminating texts talking about the egging, the word on the street is that Bieber is worried about nude pics on his phone, plus some "drug" text conversations. Are the pics action shots? selfies? him getting banged by Lil Za??

• Members

Not sure why a kid would live in a boring place like Calabasas. It's off the 101 at the extreme western end of the San Fernando Valley, where it's in the 100's most summer days. And the people there...ugh.

That it's 10-15 minutes to Malibu is the only reason I can think of, but it's not like he couldn't just afford Malibu... Then again, there's not much other than the beach in Malibu, at least Calabasas is slightly better connected.

• Members

It gets better and better...here is the latest and finally he gets arrested

Pop star Justin Bieber was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and drag racing this morning, Miami Beach police Detective Vivian Hernandez said.

Further details about the arrest weren't immediately available.

The arrest comes days after sheriff's deputies in Los Angeles County, California, used a felony search warrant to raid Bieber's mansion as they investigated his alleged involvement in a January 9 egg attack on his neighbor's house.

For complete coverage of breaking news, go to CNN TV, CNN.com and CNN Mobile.

TMZ also reports he is habitually high on the codeine cocktail 'sizzurp' and other substances.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/01/18/justin-bieber-drugs-sizzurp-lean-cocaine-rehab

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/01/19/justin-bieber-sizzurp-lean-codeine-actavis

Interesting to see if the cops do a urine drug screen which would catch some of these, or just a breathalyzer.

He is being transported to Miami county jail right now. All the Miami tv stations are showing the procession by helicopter live.

He is being charged with, no license, resisting arrest, he was high on pot and beer. Open containers in car. Doing 65 in 30 residential street.

I wonder how he is enjoying his tour of Miami from the back of a police van.

Justin Bieber is the Bowie of bad behaviour
Where once our pop icons caused trouble in the same predictable ways - fights! drugs! - Bieber is putting a creative spin on being naughty. What will he think of next?
Music Blog
The Guardian
Justin-Bieber---naughtine-008.jpg
Justin Bieber … naughtiness chameleon. Photograph: Adam Ward/Newspix/Rex Features

Is Justin Bieber the most creative artist working in the music industry right now? It's not a question I thought I'd be asking this year, or even this morning when I woke up. But on hearing the news that he's been arrested for drag racing a yellow Lamborghini (the colour is important, apparently) in Miami Beach while under the influence, a realisation dawned on me.

Whether it's having his monkey detained, cursing a former president, or being caught in possession of eggs without a licence, Bieber appears to have moved outside the genre of naughtiness and towards something approaching artform.

Just compare his work to that of the previous generation's chief troublemaker: Pete Doherty. Back in the mid-00s, when I was working at the NME, the call would regularly come into the office to inform us that Doherty had once again fallen foul of the law. We never sat around discussing what it could be this time. It was never going to be for bungee jumping from Centre Point while dressed as the Honey Monster, or for being unable to control his pet anteater in Telford train station. It was always for possession of drugs. Boring.

In comparison, Bieber is trolling the law. Like a British resident attempting to mock our arcane legal system by riding a donkey over an iron footbridge between the hours of 6am and 7am while singing the national anthem in a Swiss accent, Bieber is prodding and poking the stuffy establishment into asking themselves why we live as we do. He's testing the very nature of the establishment. He could well be a genius capable of bringing down Western civilisation.

When you put it into this context, bad boys such as Doherty are shown up as basically the Coldplay of trouble, churning out the same material over and over and hoping nobody notices. Bieber, on the other hand, is closer to the Bowie of bad behaviour: a naughtiness chameleon whose next guise is virtually impossible to predict. He could get implicated in a plot to kidnap Guy Goma. He could shoot a giraffe clean in the knackers with a spud gun. But there's no point guessing - because like Bowie himself, Bieber is already three steps ahead of you.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/jan/23/justin-bieber-david-bowie-tim-jonze

• Members

While this article is humourous, the situation is not. I really hate to see a young man do such disservices to his fans, the authorities and, mainly, to himself. As my mother used to say, most children should be locked up in a closet until they are old enough to know and do better. She also used to say, I could have pinched your head off when you were "this" big. ^_^

I don't have a fetish about Bieber or follow him. I just generally hate to see people waste themselves.

Best regards,

RA1