Guest JSONE

Daddy's Site Dead

Guest ButtWilde

But this morning I died laughing at Lucky leaving once again. He reminds me of Cher. How many farewell tours will you do? It's a melodramatic ploy on her part because at that moment she really believes that she won't be returning but then she realizes that she still has the desire, energy and interest and she knows that her fans want more of her.

This is simply a juxtaposition.

The difference between Lucky and Cher is that Cher actually has talent. Cher actually has fans. Cher is not a sniveling little cry-baby when people actually challenge her spoken viewpoints, and finally - Cher, unlike Lucky, does not need a website moderator to run to and hide behind when somebody calls her out on something that she said - to then only announce yet another retirement in adolescent, tantrum like behavior.

This was indeed an excellent example of juxtaposition.

• Members

This is simply a juxtaposition.

The difference between Lucky and Cher is that Cher actually has talent. Cher actually has fans. Cher is not a sniveling little cry-baby when people actually challenge her spoken viewpoints, and finally - Cher, unlike Lucky, does not need a website moderator to run to and hide behind when somebody calls her out on something that she said - to then only announce yet another retirement in adolescent, tantrum like behavior.

This was indeed an excellent example of juxtaposition.

Buttwilde, your take on things is quite perceptive, however, I think it has more to do with "definition".... The thing about Moderation, as far as the Moderation posse is concerned is that they rally together in their quest for Moderation, as long as its NOT used on them. How many times have Lucky and Draker each badmouthed the Mods at the other site for sending them to exile island for their Bad, confrontational behavior ?

So I suppose their point really is that "Moderation should be used in Moderation", meaning, never on them !

I blame it on the parents, what the hell ........

• Members

image.png

It's MEAN.

A few days back, I thought "it was mean," and still contend this! I find it almost unbelievable who popped up and began their attack and venting of lots of pent up venom and anger thrown against Daddy and his current situation!

Today I went to http://www.daddysreviews.com and found a timely post by the site owner/'Daddy." If you have not read it, please do so, and might I suggest if one DOES NOT have anything positive or uplifting or supportive to present, please don't respond! And this 'AINT' censoring or trying to repress one's thoughts! My sense is why write all of that negative crap? What good has it done?

• Members

A few days back, I thought "it was mean," and still contend this! I find it almost unbelievable who popped up and began their attack and venting of lots of pent up venom and anger thrown against Daddy and his current situation!

Today I went to http://www.daddysreviews.com and found a timely post by the site owner/'Daddy." If you have not read it, please do so, and might I suggest if one DOES NOT have anything positive or uplifting or supportive to present, please don't respond! And this 'AINT' censoring or trying to repress one's thoughts! My sense is why write all of that negative crap? What good has it done?

It's made for a Very lively, interesting, informative and surprising few days, and in the end, thats what Web participation should be about. Ax.... With all due respect sir, I mean this sincerely, if you want "escapism", Go to a Movie !

nowplaying_app_logo.jpg

Guest ButtWilde

OK, not to sound cynical, but here goes.

I'm happy that Daddy has/is recovering.

The rest: Bullshit.

Lipstick on a new pig. That is all.

Predictable.

Guest ButtWilde

Aside from the seriousness of blood infections and recovery from them, You'd really have to be Miss. South Carolina to believe the latest hard-luck story at the other place. But that's what I believe is being banked upon.

• Members
A few hopes and dreams before heading out for a nice afternoon hike:
As I posted on Daddy's site before it went down, I had something I believe was similar to what he's going through now. It was a skin infection that made it into my bloodstream. I was sitting in the emergency room when my temperature spiked to 104º and they made me a paying guest immediately. After a few days of figuring out what it was, they finally found the right antibiotic, started to kill the bug, and then sent me home with a battery-operated gizmo that I had to keep supplied with sterile IV bags several times a day and wear around for six weeks. Then they had to keep testing me to make sure the bug wasn't hiding in my bones somewhere, ready to strike again. Twenty years later, I can tell you it was tremendously worrisome and not at all pleasant. I hope Daddy will be as lucky as I was, and no doubt he could use a little support even from those who may be pissed off at him for some reason.
Whatever some may think about Daddy's website and the way he runs it, it's what he's got. The man has put many years of his life into it and deserves some respect for that alone. Personally, I've had several years of good times there and hope to have many more.
And whatever some may think about the way OZ moderates this site, I can guarantee you that it is not unmoderated. There's a long fuse and folks will get the opportunity to act out a bit longer than at some other sites. The underlying assumption is that we're all adults and that we have, or can quickly develop, the skills to get along with one another. But terminal cases do get terminated, if not with a lot of fanfare. One minute they're here and the next, they're not. I don't think we need to worry our pretty little heads that OZ is not paying attention.

wozniak_booze_520x300x24_fill_hbe613d5a.

And last but not least, I hope, as others have also hoped, that many of those who have dropped by in recent days will stick around for the long haul. This has been a place where other Daddy's refugees have found a home. It may take a few days to get the lay of the land (so to speak :rolleyes: ) and some patience in learning one another's quirks. But I think you'll find that, over time, your quirks can likewise be assimilated. None of us is perfect - with the possible exception of Hitoallusa, and even he might demur - but why not hang out for a bit and post some stuff that you would like to see. Any community goes through some rough patches but, in general, I think it's better than the alternative.

alone-in-the-world.jpg

Which reminds me, I've got a hike to take. 36_2_36%5B1%5D.gif

Guest JSONE

Donations are now requested for him to run a website that makes him money monthly? Absurd.

"There is a sucker born every minute."

I do feel sorry for his medical issues but to post them and then ask for donations again. Same song, same as the first.

• Members

There you go again, lookin, summarising my thoughts on a controversy so well and so concisely that I'm left with nothing to say but "Well done" and maybe "Hear, hear."

Of course now the hours and hours I've spent this weekend trying to put together an intelligent post will just have to be trash-canned, but, what the hell, I probably would have messed it up anyway cramming in some nasty/humorous swipe at Sucky and dribbling a few drops of old man piss on the unpleasant Mr. Draker.

duck%20in%20rain.jpg

Guest ButtWilde

"and dribbling a few drops of old man piss on the unpleasant Mr. Draker."

duck%20in%20rain.jpg

If that's your "old man piss" showering upon that poor little duckling, I'd get checked for possible hematuria, because ducks are supposed to be yellow, not red. :unsure:

summarising

What ho! Moderator! Censure that man at once for slipping British spelling into our red-blooded American forum. Mind you, it will be the thin end of the wedge if you don't make an example of him here and now.

I blame it on the malign influence of our Continental friend's recent rumpus here. ;)

Guest RfromKC

JSONE on 03 Aug 2014 - 3:07 PM, said:

Donations are now requested for him to run a website that makes him money monthly? Absurd.

"There is a sucker born every minute."

I do feel sorry for his medical issues but to post them and ask for donations again. Same song, same as the first.

I am sincerely curious JS. How does Daddy make money monthly with his website besides voluntary contributions by readers of same? Is there something in being an owner/moderator of the review website or forum that automatically causes a cash stream to flow back to Daddy. If so, please be so kind as to explain how that works. The message at http://www.daddysreviews.com simply explains his medical issues and asks for donations to help him be able to rectify his server issues, either by traveling to Seattle or by getting the servers sent to him in Las Vegas. Your statement indicates that Daddy's site is something other than a site run by a volunteer using voluntary contributions.

Thank you for your time, JSONE.

RFKC :heart:

• Members

What ho! Moderator! Censure that man at once for slipping British spelling into our red-blooded American forum. Mind you, it will be the thin end of the wedge if you don't make an example of him here and now.

I blame it on the malign influence of our Continental friend's recent rumpus here. ;)

77147eee1264b80048489d4407b1fb03.jpg