paulsf

Bangkok in August

Guest lurkerspeaks

Thanks for the report. I love to live vicariously thru other people's reports. Thailand is a place I hope to visit one of these days.

Are you able to take any pictures to accompany your posts? Some of us are visual people..LOL

I can't see it has affected gay life at all. Other than...They are not allowed to do fuck shows on stage. I will probably go to a show tomorrow, just to see what is going on on stage. Just hate paying 100 baht outdoors and 350 indoors.

They other thing is the 30 day visa runs. Not allowed anymore. This affects lots of boys that have to be legal to work in the clubs. This has affected me this trip as the boy I have been seeing for the last year, is Vietnamese. He went to do run a few weeks ago and can't get back for several months. This will affect lots go guys that come to play. Get visa before you leave home, or stay less than 30 days.

Had an interesting taxi encounter today. Govt crackdown on taxi meters and refusing fares. Went to Siam Paragon grocery shopping. When I went to get taxi it started to rain. They have line with a guy that tells driver where u are going. Took 5 before anyone would take me. Then the guy I got didn't turn on meter, so I asked him to. He asked how much I wanted to pay. Truthfully is was pouring and rush hour traffic. I would have paid anything. But told him to tell me how much he wanted. I said meter says 0, so I pay 0. Him not happy with my sense of humor. Half way he finally turns on meter. Hits 100 when I get to my apt. I give him hundred and get out. He starts yelling 200 cause meter not working. It is about 200 at rush hour. My apart has 3 security guards that know me and they came to taxi when they saw me getting out. I was going to give driver the other 100, but he saw security and hit the gas. Wish I could call the General and tell him, not all taxis are obeying his rules.

Tuk tuks are another story . This city is overrun by them, until now. You hardly can find one. The General wants them insured and licensed. Only about 20%seem to be. There is a lot behind me where 100's are parked. There is a stand up the street from here. usually you can find 20 of them, went by tonight and only 1.

People are out and about. You can tell it is low season, but Siam Paragon was packed today. Tonight Soi Twilight had a decent crowd tonight. No rain helps get people out. The General has also got the street vendors to organize themselves a bit, so now you can walk down

a sidewalk a bit easier.

My boy story tonight is half a disaster. Because my BF is stuck in Hanoi, I am free to play this trip. Last night I say a boy that is a bartender.

He is really hot. He works out a bit everyday and has a nice chest and arms. Kind of like the high school quarterback. I just really wanted to see him naked, and that's about all that happened. I'm spoiled by my BF. He loves being naked. If I had a body like him, I guess I would be to. We walk in the door, the clothes go flying than we play in the shower and if I have any energy left we take it to the bed. Very affectionate, loves kissing. This boy tonight, went into the bathroom, locked the door, took a shower. Comes out, I shower, he is sitting on bed when I arrive. Asks if he should JO. I say ok, and he doesn't even take off the towel. Hummm, this isn't working. I didn't need lots of sex, but I wanted to see his body and play with it a bit. I finally just grabbed the towel off of him and he got the message. He is a straight boy, or as they say bi. I knew this going in so knew it would only go so far. He is also only 19 and new at this. He loosened up a bit and we both got off.

Then back to bathroom, locked door, took shower and came out dressed. He was happy with what I paid him, which is a lot less than my BF gets. All in all, I wasn't expecting much, got a little less. It will cost him in the long run. I am really attracted to him, but can't pay for so little again. He could have made a lot of money while I'm here.

So left with an early evening I sit here and post. Hope I have something to talk about tomorrow.

• Members

Thanks for the report. I'd be interested to know how the dictatorship has affected gay life, if at all.

I enjoyed reading your saga and applaud you for being able to travel to 'THE LAND OF SMILES' whenever your heart desires!!! :smile: Write when you can [details please]!!!!

Have been to Thailand 3Xs with lots of space in between trips, not by choice!!

Travel to Bangkok is quite affordable right now. I work hard to find the deals. Being retired now, allows you to fly mid week, and to stay longer on trips. With American Airlines new flight to Hong Kong and Cathay Pacific new services being added . Newark and Boston, fares are being held down. I only paid $1100.00 this trip. For my October trip I got AA's $750 fare out of LAX. I practically earn enough miles for a free ticket with a paid ticket. I also had over a million miles saved from when I travelled for work. So I mix paid trips and mileage trips.

I started using Airbnb this year. That has save a lot of money. Half or more what hotels cost. Though there are some pretty good hotel deals right now as tourist aren't here because of the Govt issues. It cost a lot less to eat here, if you deal with street food.

All in all it doesn't cost much more to be here for a month than being at home. Weather here is a few degrees cooler than Florida.

Saturday night turned out to be a lot of fun. Not in a sexual kind of fun night, but a night where everyone just seemed to be in very good moods. I was really concerned about rain at this time of the year, but it hasn't happened yet. A 2 minute shower twice. So Saturday night I was surprised to see so many people out. Lots of traffic, restaurants doing ok, very busy for low season.

I went to Soi Twilight to hang with my friends. Low season also brings lower temperatures. It has been really pleasant at night to hang at the outdoor bars. I don't usually go to the shows because I have seen then so often and drinks are expensive. But with the Govt crackdown , they have had to take out the fuck part of the shows. Hot Male is doing 3 shows a night, because they are shorter now. Most other clubs are still 2 shows. I understand upstair show clubs have to be closed at 1am, so noticed some shows are now midnight rather 12:30.

I decided to go to the 10:30 show at Hot Male. It started off with a couple of traditional Thai dances. Boys wearing thongs with little wrap around skirts. Then they had hot wax show, fluorescent painted boys dance. They did a number with 2 boys wearing jeans and vest. Like each other , undress, suck each other off. So yes, there is full nudity. Big cock show. So much for little Asian theory. Then of course they had the obligatory drag queen. Not usually my thing, but as I said earlier, people were in good moods. She found a few Taiwanese boys to lock in on, and it was hilarious. My best friend manages things at the bar downstairs and half way through the show, he came up and sat with me. So I got a lot of translation. Drinks were 320 compared to 100 outside. When my friend sat down, he ordered a beer. They didn't put slip in the bin. I thought that's good, because I would have had to pay for it. When the show was over. We were talking to a Mamasan that I am friends with, and the bin disappeared. Free is rare in Thailand, but it was appreciated.

After the show, I went down to Dicks for a bite to eat. Other shows going on, so I was the only customer. Fast service. They were busier after shows got out.

Went back to Hot Male to hang for awhile . Good crowd. I've seen less in high season. The boys were just all in very good moods. They were playful, seductive, putting on their best, I need to make some money tonight faces. Again it amazes how these boys remember things from past trips. I had 2 boys ask me "where is your American friend." That being TotallyOz. We hung there a couple of times this past summer. Oz you do make an impression with these boys ^_^ wish I could be as playful. Midnight is usually the end of the evening for me, but ended up staying till 2. Just a lot of laughs being had. They stay open till 3am on weekends and usually little earlier weekdays.

Another, how do they remember. Went to get taxi back to my apt. Driver walks up and says, I will take you. You live at xxxx. I said yes. He said he took me a couple times this past summers then he asked me were my Vietnamese friend was. Wow. I still use the, I don't remember what I had for breakfast line.

It's 6:30am Monday as I type. Just a beautiful sunrise. I have a top floor, corner apt. Great view of sunrise, and sunset. But starting cloudless, which means hot. So I guess it's off to the pool, some shopping and a massage.

• Members

We all have talents and being able to remember faces and places is just one of the "unusual" ones. :smile:

Thanks for the report.

Best regards,

RA1

When I first started coming to Thailand, I spent most of my time in Pattaya. Then when I met my bf, last year, I had no need to look for anything and we have just hung in Bangkok. This trip I'm on my own and have stayed in Bangkok because I have a lot of friends here.

I could find what I want, if I put a little effort into it, but I sit and start talking with friends and end up stuck to a bar stool for the evening.

Tonight I came in a bit earlier than past nights as the rain started around 10pm and I just didn't want to deal with it tonight.

Tomorrow's Friday so we will see what developes.

My Time is winding Down here. It's Sunday afternoon now and I just have tonight and tomorrow. I leave for a day in Hong Kong early Tuesday morning and then back to Ft.Lauderdale Wednesday afternoon. My upgrades came thru for the return, relieving a lot of tension.

I've still never done Asia in coach, day will come and not looking forward to it.

Friday night I brought back the boy I had on Thursday night. It's amazing what an extra 100 baht will get you. Plus getting together the night before, there is a comfort level. But he really turned on the affection. I didn't think I was going to make it out of the shower. He ended up spending the night. I usually prefer to be alone overnight, but if you have a really comfortable bed and air conditioning, it's like a night at the palace for them. So when he asked, I said ok. It's also fun to get dragged to the shower in the morning by a cute young guy, for the price of breakfast and taxi.

Saturday I went for a couple of boat rides on the river. One of my friends needed to stop by a friends and asked if I wanted to go. River taxis are a lot of fun and on cost about .50 Again the weather has held off this weekend. From what I hear there is lots of rain north and east of Bangkok, but just not reaching the city with much more than an occasional quick shower. But with rain upriver, the currents are running pretty good and at times it was hold on time. You hear about the ferry accidents in SE Asia a lot, so I always sit in the open areas.

The water taxis are a great way to see the Grand Palace, Wat Po, and the great riverside hotels.

Saturday night it was back to Soi Twilight for an evening of people watching. Both Friday and Saturday were pretty busy.

I had originally planned to bring a boy back, but after running around all day and eating late, I just quite wasn't in the mood .

My friend told me the police came into Soi Twilight Friday night and closed everybody down at 2:30am. He was quite angry as he had a lot of customers, but they close at 3am anyway, so it wasn't that much of a big deal. But who knows, they could come tonight and close you at 1am. He said first time it ever happened.

As the sunrises in the US, the sun is setting here, so it's off to dinner, and I think I will find something to bring back to the apartment for desert and nightcap.

• Members

Have a safe trip back. Would love to hear how you manage all these upgrades in a PM?

I always enjoy reading the experiences of others. Many thanks!

When you alluded to the "boy's" staying overnight, it brought back the time that I took a really cute guy back to my hotel while I was on a tour. Well, back to the preceding main sentence.

While at the club and before I offed the guy, he was stellar in my eyes, big dick and all! At the hotel he failed to perform; I was super-pissed. I think he'd wanted to spend the evening, for he, in his broken English, I think, attempted to convey this to me. Because he was not very interactive and remained flaccid, with my being disappointed, I kindly asked him to dress and leave. After reading what you wrote about your "overnight visitor," I began to reflect and feel sorry in the manner in which I think I mishandled the young guy who ventured back to the Montien Hotel with me on that particular late January 2008 evening!

I have a bit of a connection with a couple of the clubs on Soi Twilight. A lot of the boys know me or of me and who my friends are. So they know I have an apt and if they stay with me, I'm probably going to be ok with it. And they are just getting comfort for an evening.

If they drag me into the shower in the morning, who am I to complain. They like my swimming pool to.

Guest lurkerspeaks

Thanks for the fantastic report. It is definitely appreciated. Thailand is still one of the places I want to visit, if the stars ever align for me again..

• Members

I have yet to find this promo fare of $750! It could force me back to Thailand.

Axiom, how did you get a boy into the Montien? I haven't stayed there for years, but when I did, it was as secure as any place I have been. You couldn't even pay for a guy to get past security.

I am getting old too. Axiom's story reminded me of the guy I took back to the hotel in Pattaya years ago.We did the deed, and I paid him and got up to go out again- something I wouldn't do now. The guy spoke no English, but he was visibly upset, so I had the desk clerk (gay hotel) ask him what was wrong. I knew I had paid enough. Turned out he was expecting to spend the night. I had never told him that, so had the clerk explain that it was an hourly. Now of course I feel horrible about it. I learned that the guys who don't get overnights at that bar have to sleep on the bar floor. He thought he had it made and now faced the jeers of his mates. I would never do that now. He would spend the night even if he had to go out barhopping with me first.

• Members

Thanks for the fantastic report. It is definitely appreciated. Thailand is still one of the places I want to visit, if the stars ever align for me again..

Yes! Yes! Yes! Thanks a bunch for taking the time and sharing your experiences with us! I know that I truly enjoy all of your posts and your thread overall! ...really liked the finale, especially your encourage at Adonis! What's the guy's name, and could you give a definitive description of him! ...sounds like I would truly have loved to have been with him as well!!!

I forgot to mention...for those of you familiar with Soi Twilight clubs. The owner of Hot Male is opening another boy bar just across the street, just before Patpong. Downstairs in one of those little malls. Opening is sometime in October.