gap1972

Year end trip to Rio and São Paulo

• Members

Finally it's that time of the year again. Waiting for my flight to Rio for my 4th trip to South America. Other than a few small hikes, this will be a more narrowly focused trip for me.

I have a bias for São Paulo and POA over Rio, but the flight to Rio turns out to be cheaper, and I do want to do a couple hikes like Pedra Bonita. An apt on the next street to 117 is availble for a little over 200R a night on booking.com, so I decided to hit Rio for 6 nights before heading to São Paulo.

Anyone cares to share your opinion on the best nights in Rio between 117 and MM? Seems we had quite a few lucky members visited Rio recently. Much appreciated. I am into twinks type.

Can't wait to take off ^_^

• Members

Finally it's that time of the year again. Waiting for my flight to Rio for my 4th trip to South America. Other than a few small hikes, this will be a more narrowly focused trip for me.

I have a bias for São Paulo and POA over Rio, but the flight to Rio turns out to be cheaper, and I do want to do a couple hikes like Pedra Bonita. An apt on the next street to 117 is availble for a little over 200R a night on booking.com, so I decided to hit Rio for 6 nights before heading to São Paulo.

Anyone cares to share your opinion on the best nights in Rio between 117 and MM? Seems we had quite a few lucky members visited Rio recently. Much appreciated. I am into twinks type.

Can't wait to take off :smile:

There are recent accounts here of the best nights at the saunas in Rio. Do a mere check of the archived material, which is more recent than ancient!

• Members

There are recent accounts here of the best nights at the saunas in Rio. Do a mere check of the archived material, which is more recent than ancient!

Have a wonderful trip! Seems like my 12th trip to Brasil will occur in 2016. I can't wait--either! [Have other trips planned for 2015.]

• Members

If you like twinks, definitely head over to Meio Mundo on Monday and Friday and check their website. If there are any announced parties, head over there as well on those nights. Two nights ago at MM, as well as two weejs earlier, there seemed to be a whole new group of youngish guys, 18, 19 and 20, and the older ones seemed to have moved out and moved on.

• Members

Thanks for the tip, ihpguy.

Flight arrived on time at 10:55am, after several weeks of cold winter in canada, the warm air and a couple good-looking guys working at the airport immediately put me in vacation mode ^_^ traffic jam from GIG on the express bus 2018 to gloria where I rented an apartment. It was 2 years ago when I last visited Rio. I am somewhat familiar with gloria area, been walking around Flamingo beach and visiting 117 on my last trip. So it's no big deal to take the bus. There is no marked stop at gloria for 2018, it just drops me somewhere close to the metro. This will be challenging for first time visitor, especially if arriving at night, stick with taxi. The bus is 14R.

Apartment is ok. Considering how expensive hotels are in RIO, a good deal at 200R a night. Right by Metro gloria. There was a Asian fast food place which I liked, but it's gone :( Took a nap, then head out around 6:15. For a wednesday, it's probably not hot at either place. But I want to use Banco do Brazil ATM, and the one in gloria metro station is down. So I decided to go to MM, there are a couple branches there. Metro is packed, I skipped a few before getting on a tolerably crowded train. MM area is very crowded with pedestrians, buses and street vendors on a weekday. But both Banco do Brazil branches are closed after working hours :(

MM is pretty much as I remembered. At 6:45, I counted about 18 boys working. A few more came in later. About 10 customers. There are a couple slim dark boys I like. Most are slim to skinny type here. A few more built guys. No one that I really desire. Had a chat with a local gentleman who used to work for airlines flying to canada to kill some time. Nice to meet someone who speaks English. As it's getting late, One of the boys I like disappeared, I caught the other in the steam room area taking a shower. He came to say hello and offered a nice kiss with a friendly smile. I am a sucker for good kisser and fresh breath, the deal is sealed in the dry sauna ^_^ from this forum, I learned enough key words to clarify what will be done and the price. I asked for the paid quarto 25R, but there is no mirror inside :( the boy is good, but I can feel he wants to get things over with. He was disputing with the attendant about something to no avail earlier. This is somewhat off putting. An ok session. He soon checked out afterwards. I saw him eating something on a stick from a street vendor later on my way to the metro.

Hope it's clear tomorrow, want to do some hiking.

• Members

Espetinho is the whatever on a stick. Take your pick from fried cheese, beef pieces, chicken breast chunks or chicken hearts.

I just missed you. Today I was really busy and by the times I got to Meio Mundo I was exhausted. So headed home.

• Members

There is a Banco do Brasil machine in Santos-Dumont airport in the new addition area that is open 24hours/day. The Extra at the Largo do Machado also has long hours and on the same block in the Galeria is a great cheap eats, Rotisseria Sirio-Libanesa.

• Members

Can't wait to take off :smile:

Are you talking of the apartmento Elis Regina ?

• Members

I was in Rio last week end.

Posted some information in another thread.

MM was completely dead last saturday with maybe 4 boys and more than 10 customers! I decided to leave around 5.45 pm to head towards 117 which was packed and were I found a lovely lad.

There is a nice Young lad called Gabriel who has a lovely bubble ass, with curly black hair, who is friendly, smiling, nice. Not to be missed ...

Enjoy your time in Rio and Sao Paulo. Porto Alegre is sooo good, pity that you do not go there.

• Members

Are you talking of the apartmento Elis Regina ?

It's 16 Benjamin Constant. A clean condo building. I rented a simple bachelor apartment.

Thanks for sharing your recent experience. From what I gathered, Monday and Friday are good at MM, TUESDAY And Saturday are good at 117. I love POA as well, but sadly I can only visit during the holiday month of December, so decided to stick with São Paulo. The mega city hasn't disappointed me during my past visits.

Ihpguy, if you are going to MM Friday, we might run into each other ^_^

Weather forecast shows only 2 sunny days during my 6 nights stay, today and tomorrow, so I decided to do the pedra Bonita hike today by myself. It's rather difficult to get to as a tourist, especially with limited to none portuguese skills. Hailed a taxi in random from ipanema beach, thinking the online quote of 60R is quite reasonable. First the driver doesn't know pedra Bonita, as I point it out to him on the map, he immediately recognized the hand gilding signs on the map, but instead of the ramp, took me to the beach. And traffic was horrible. I end up paying a hefty 130R taxi bill when we finally got to the trail head :(

The climb is short but very steep in places, with 35c temperature, it was way more exhausting than I expected. The view is nice, but after Torres del paine, not breath taking. Watching people take off doing handglide is more exciting for me.

Got back at 2:45 exhausted and sweated out. After shower and nap, still tired, decide to skip 117 and just go for a heavy dinner at a restaurant cross street that google points out. It turns out to be the one I went to with a fellow member two years ago. Did take a stroll cross street from 117 after dinner around 7:20, in the 2 minutes I stopped across its door, 3 boys walked in, all white muscular type. Brazil is such an amazing place! I hope tomorrow's hike won't be too exhausting, definitely wants to check out MM's Friday night.

• Members

Had a really nice hike today thanks to the friendly, cute, happy guide alex. At the end of the hike, he brought the group (4 of us including alex) to a small waterfall. Apparently it's not just a natural shower to cool down, some worshipers believe the water will do something magical. Alex stripped to his speedo and led the way. It's surely a great way to end a wonderful hike.

Now where on earth can you hike beatiful trails during the day and fun sex at night?

Met ihpguy at MM, we sat at the bar area and got acquainted, while ihpguy dishes out some fun facts about some of the boys. The place is packed, tons of boys and clients, traffic jam on the stairs frequently. it must be the first Friday night I visited MM. Ihpguy said he has seen busier Fridays. As usual, the majority are dark boys, but since the number of boys is quite large today, quite a few white boys too. Like ihpguy says, you only need one. I find two of boys quite hot. A skinny twink who turned out to be top only. The other is a cute white Latino boy. Would prefer him clean shaven, but the little beard couldn't hide his boyish charm. He is a great kisser, that usually seals the deal for me. We had to wait a few minutes to get one of the non-free rooms. The make out session is great, Lukas sure kisses and touches like a boyfriend. As we get into fucking however, he grimaces a lot and stops me whenever I try to get some speed. We tried a few different positions, he just can't take much. He is a little apologetic and said he is still new as a bottom. But he made serious efforts, so I am happy to pay him the 80R we agreed upon beforehand.

I sticked around until 9pm, there are still boys just checking in. The place is too packed for comfort, and I am not really turned on by anyone, so I decided to check out. Right Outside MM, a restaurant has live band playing on the street, tables full of customers. I had a little sun burn, so the warm wind of dark night is quite soothing.

Rain in the forecast for the weekends, glad I got the hikes done. Will check out 117 on the weekend. Ihpguy said boys at 117 have a little attitude problem. I only visited it a couple times 2 years ago, didn't like it too much comparing with São Paulo or Porto Alegre. Eager to check it out again tomorrow.

• Members

Hi, Epi, you lucky man. It was really nice meeting you two years ao in Rio. I went to the same restaurant we ate at gloria a couple days ago ^_^

Hit 117 early at 5:15, it's not yet very busy. The place looks fresh with new paint. Most boys here are muscular type with pumped chest and chiseled abs. Epi would have a feast here, I think ^_^

I sat close to the entrance to watch the boy parade and checking what's on the menu already. In the next hour or so, a dozen more boys came in, mostly the same type. About 3 times more clients came in during the same period. Traffic jam on the staircase. There are two cute boys my type came in. One didn't change, disappeared from the front desk area, perhaps he is not a working boy. His friend soon changed and came upstairs again. I like his face, college boy type, but he is a couple sizes too big for me from neck down. Still, I might go after him later. One boy I had a session with in São Paulo last year came in. He is one of the few slim boys tonight. Another half hour, not much else happened. Incoming clients still outnumber incoming boys 3 to one. Perhaps most boys came early on Saturdays, it's raining but not hard. It's almost 7, the boy I liked hooked up with a client. And he left immediately after that session. Between 7 and 8, there are only a few new boys came in, none triggers my fancy. Somehow I am not feeling very horny. So I decided to call it a night. As I check out and enter password for my credit card, a new boy walked in who is more of my type, oh well, not meant to be.

I realized why 117 has not been my favorite from the beginning, I am actually turned off by pumped chest and six pack abs. It's slim boy next door type that I drool over ^_^ especially one who can pass as a quiet student. Why I like São Paulo better.

Two more nights in Rio. Perhaps the coming Monday night at MM will be more exciting.

• Members

i adore six packs, but i am not turned on by pumped chest. i would say i prefer them defined, than muscled. as english is not not my first language i hope i have expressed what i look for. a great kiss and a smile.... yes this brazilian smile, and a rock hard cock, below white towel. that is what i go for. and it is easier to find this in meio mundo, than in 117. however, i always have a kind of not feeling good and safe in meio mundo. i have vidsited it several times, never had a bad experince, but i am more reserved thare than in club 117.

here i come in 23 days. would anyone go to this vanues in january together ?

• Members

Hi, Trzinko, I got what you mean, the Brazilian smile and kiss ^_^

When you say not feeling safe, do you mean inside the club or the area outside the club? The area is pretty safe on weekdays, so crowded with people heading home. Fairly close to metro. Would be difficult catching taxi during after work rush hour though. Plus it will move very slowly with the traffic jam. I felt pretty safe in the club as well.

Weather for the past two days have been cooler. Cloudy days are great for visiting beaches. I can't leave RIO without at least getting my feet wet ^_^ There is a food market at Gloria Sunday morning, bought some watermelon there on my way back from the beach. went to G Spa late afternoon at Ipanema. The place is small, a lot of people, not as hot as some reviewers commented. Interesting place, but the price tag (50 or 55) would block most youngsters. Mostly 40+. Once is enough for me.

Tonight is my last night in RIO. It's a cooler day with high temp only 27c. Had a nice walk along flamengo beach again in the morning. Took a nap, heading to MM early today at 5. A lot of people already, perhaps I was too late arriving at 6 on previous visits. Both boys I had fun with previously were in house again. Then I noticed this guy Tomcal posted before, Jackson. He was leaving the last time I was here, or I would have gone with him. Those green eyes are so dreamy. Since Tomcal talked about him for years, he must be in his mid 20s now. His body is no longer twinkish, but the face is just too cute. And he speaks a little English too! We chatted a little while in the sauna and quickly head to a quarto. Pity they don't have mirrors in the room. The boy is wonderful in bed. He only asked for 80 like other boys, I gave him a tip in the end. A wonderful session to end the RIO leg of my trip. Yeeeepppp!

• Members

Hi, Trzinko, I got what you mean, the Brazilian smile and kiss :smile:

I felt pretty safe in the club as well.

A wonderful session to end the RIO leg of my trip. Yeeeepppp!

It's always rewarding to conclude one's stay as you cited in your last post from Rio. Enjoy Sao Paulo. Our likes are just the reverse: I prefer Rio to SAMPA while you, on the other hand, like that city which during the early 2000s was the third largest in area. That "all good!"

Sao Paulo is too, too large for me; thus I've never taken public transit but have depended on taxis which do become expensive after a while. [Have had some wonderful gay guides in this city and some pretty good sex as well while staying in that once, great apartmento hotel which was located two blocks from Paulista Avenida.

At any rate, enjoy the Paulistas! I'll,await your inviting posts from there when you get the opportunity to write here!!!!!!! :smile::smile:

• Members

The guy on the picture is gorgeus.

You asked abot my strange feelings of feeling unsafe in MM. Well it

Was also inside, but it is difficult to define. I actually prefered guys at MM,

But i was feeling myself more comfortable at 117. But i have to stress

that nothing unpleasant happened to me at MM. It is just in the air...

Jacksin" has done quite a few videos in the last two years. He was 18 when I met him, so I would guess he is around 23 or so now. Nice guy. Trzinko you are right his green eyes are amazing!

post-119356-0-94394600-1418817554_thumb.

post-119356-0-69409500-1418817599_thumb.

post-119356-0-87116400-1418817628_thumb.

• Members

São Paulo. Saw quite a few cute slim boys on the bus and metro from airport to hotel. I guess without beaches, boys here don't lift weights too excessively ^_^

Had a late lunch, settled in, at 5:30, heading to Fragata since Tuesday is supposedly one of the good nights there according to São Paulo expert mvan1. Forgot to save the map on my ipod, got lost after getting off metro. Should have taken the bus instead. Finally found it at 6:15 after a lot of walking around, group of boys standing outside?! Turns out there was a power outage, only emergency lights were on inside the sauna. I guess it happened within the past hour, cause there were still a few people inside, a couple are checking out. This is a first, bummer. The tall white boy I had a session with last year was there, would totally do a repeat if the business is open. I feel a little uncomfortable checking out all the boys outside on the street, and I am too tired from all the walk around to hit Lagoa now.

My best friend's ex is a paulista and happens to be home visiting his family for holidays. Before I can stop my friend when we were having dinner weeks ago, he msged his ex about my trip. Now his ex is a nice guy, but the excursions and dinners will cut into my sauna visits :( I will report when I manage to get to saunas again, meeting my friend's ex in the afternoon and going on a beach trip tomorrow. Maybe I can hit Lagoa tonight if I can get out of any dinner arrangement.

• Members

:smile:

Forgot to save the map on my ipod, got lost after getting off metro. Should have taken the bus instead. Finally found it at 6:15 after a lot of walking around - - -

It is no fun getting lost in any city, especially a city like Sao Paulo.

For other readers who might visit Fragata or if you use the Metro again (instead of the bus), and if you get lost, just ask any Brazilian you pass while walking "where is MacDonald's?" That is a landmark often used to locate less known places (like Fragata).

Also, in addition to the tall MacDonald's sign, there is another large and tall sign for Banco Itau (the bank with the large ugly orange painted building) which is another landmark very close to Fragata.

Both MacDonald's and Bank Itau are near the corner of Reboucas and Enrique Schaumann. From there, Fragata is just a little walk. If you locate either one of these landmarks, getting to Fragata is easy.

Here is a link to the map that shows the aerial view of the metro station in relation to the location of Fragata.

https://www.google.com.br/maps/place...c8e1977879a092

This information will be helpful for future visits to Fragata.

-

• Members

My best friend's ex is being a great host. Had two days of regular tourist activity, one of them is an all day beach trip. While Rio's beaches are easy on the eyes, they are mostly for walking and people watching, not great for swimming due to pollution, strong currents and waves. We went to two rather deserted beaches 2.5 hours drive from São Paulo, finally had a couple swims in the ocean.

Today is a free day, after 3 days break, looking forward to visiting saunas again. Hit Fragata around 5:15 as I remember the place starts a little early than Lagoa. It's still pretty quiet, a dozen boys inside, none stands out. Sat at a good spot watching boy parade, not much happens until 6pm, still rather slow. And the body search for boys is still in place, they would go in a curtained out area to get searched by a big black dude. I started to think perhaps I should bail at 6:30 and go to Lagoa instead. Still slow at 6:30, but as I got up to check out, a pair of decent looking boys walked in, not exactly must have good looking, but good enough to get my hopes up again. Decided to stay. About 7 now, the parade picks up pace a little, in walking a very nice looking light skinned boy, curly hair, slim, compact and gorgeous face. Glad I stayed.

Caught the boy's eyes later after he checked in and changed. He had some spots on his lips, and apologizes for can't French kiss. I probably should have given up then, but his hugs and little touches are endearing, the completely smooth body overpowered my instinct. After he confirmed he would go passivo, I decided to go with him anyways, he only asked for 80. Got a suite, rather looking forward to the fun time. Turns out the boy probably is desperate for money and overstated his versatility. His ass is so tight, he can't even take a finger all the way. He admitted sheepishly after we tried several times unsuccessfully that he doesn't like to get fucked. So this is a rather disappointing encounter. Well, so cheap anyways. As I went to take shower, I noticed a new cute dark boy went into the steam room, would totally check him out if I haven't finished tonight.

Walked around a little before leaving, there were more new faces since I went upstairs. Another dark boy is also quite interesting. Not a bad night.

got a dinner party to go to tomorrow, I consider it the price to pay for two wonderful days with my paulista friend. probably can't hit sauna again until Sunday. Fragata is having a party on Sunday. So I likely won't get to Lagoa until next week. Wonder what I have missed.

• Members

Having a local friend turns out to be a great experience. Tmuch about how life is like in Brazil, couldn't care less about missing the sauna visit on a Saturday night. Brazilians are so warm and kind among close friends, heart-warming to see.

Wonderful first week in São Paulo, even though haven't got around to hit Lagoa yet, and fragata is somewhat lackluster, had my best time ever because of the local connections.

Aside from the sauna scenes, I have always been enriched when with locals and participate in their activities. This is what I experienced when I visited Salvador {Bahia} Brasil. ...my guide took me on my own planned tours; he also invited me to join friends at a special party. What an eye opener in terms of how the Brasilians, as a whole, tend to party and socialize!