Badboy81

First Trip to Rio 2016...

Nice.

Are the beach photos related to the nudes? Or are those just random people.

One of the guys from the beach I met in the sauna and then saw again on the beach....I ended up enjoying him at the sauna....

Another guy I met on the beach and we hooked up at my hotel....no charge

• Members

I'm curious. You clearly took your phone or a camera to the beach. I have seen many people warn aggressively about taking NOTHING to the beach. How did you keep your phone safe? Did you get in the water? If so, where did you leave it? Maybe you had a friend with you or something?

Guest KevinC

Badboy81, This is funny. My friends sent me some of the exact same pictures last year. I think he downloaded them from the internet too.

I'm curious. You clearly took your phone or a camera to the beach. I have seen many people warn aggressively about taking NOTHING to the beach. How did you keep your phone safe? Did you get in the water? If so, where did you leave it? Maybe you had a friend with you or something?

Im a 6ft tall black American...I tend not to have ANY problems in Rio...I went to the beach solo a few times and I had a friend with me once during my last trip

I did get into the water...

I left it with my other belongings....within eyesight

Badboy81, This is funny. My friends sent me some of the exact same pictures last year. I think he downloaded them from the internet too.

Hey Kevin....great try...

I took all of the pics I posted from my first trip in 2016..They are still in my cell...

If he posted similar pics, I can understand that....pics from Rio do start to look alike...

IMHO, taking a camera to the beach is like taking a steak to hungry wolves!!  There are roving gangs of 12 -14 yr. olds(14 and under can't be charged with crimes in Brazil)  So they will do snatch and grab and dash between all the chairs and umbrellas and people and you are hot of a camera/phone. 

My advice which I follow, is take $25.-$50R($8. - 15.US) or so and that's it  You can rent a umbrella, chair, suntan lotion, drinks and food at the beach and there is nothing for anyone to steal!

• Members

25 to 50 Reais is not nearly enough money.

After being in the hospital once more for my heart before New Year's Eve, I was finally feeling well enough to take the sun for more than an hour.

I was at the beach on Sunday with a friend. One bottle of water, one juice, one agua de coco, two chairs and an umbrella cost 47 Reais.

They do offer a special. If you eat and drink 40 Reais worth, you get the sun umbrella and two chairs gratis.

I brought my own suntan lotion, No food consumed. I was always go to Barraca de Miriam #53.  They have wifi, so bring your cell. I've always felt very safe and protected by the team that works at this barraca.

And they accept debit and credit cards.

Guest riosul77
8 hours ago, ihpguy said:

25 to 50 Reais is not nearly enough money.

After being in the hospital once more for my heart before New Year's Eve, I was finally feeling well enough to take the sun for more than an hour.

I was at the beach on Sunday with a friend. One bottle of water, one juice, one agua de coco, two chairs and an umbrella cost 47 Reais.

8 hours ago, ihpguy said:

They do offer a special. If you eat and drink 40 Reais worth, you get the sun umbrella and two chairs gratis.

I brought my own suntan lotion, No food consumed. I was always go to Barraca de Miriam #53.  They have wifi, so bring your cell. I've always felt very safe and protected by the team that works at this barraca.

And they accept debit and credit cards.

Welcome back Ihpguy, missed you.

Barraca Miriam, the only place I go (after your recommend. several years ago). Pricing is fair and consistent, the most professional spot on the beach.

11 hours ago, germark01 said:

It is OK to carry a larger camera to the beach to take pics?

Hoping to use a telephoto lens to have better quality pics.

What would be the best time & day to visit the beach in Rio de Janero?

I do not suggest taking a camera to the beach....that would definitely get you into trouble...

The art of using a cell phone is people do not know you are taking pics...

As far as best time and day...it depends on when you are in Rio...I was there for New Years so every day was packed and the weather happened to be great...