Lucky

The FBI's October Surprise

• Members

FBI Director James Comey, once thought to be a pillar of integrity for standing up to Attorney General John Ashcroft, has sent a letter to Republicans in Congress revealing that he is now conducting additional investigation into the Hillary Clinton email matter. His speech to the public announcing the results of the earlier Clinton investigation were so inconsistent with the FBI's policies over decades, that to see him now releasing information that the public has no ability to evaluate just 11 days before the election is no doubt the most irresponsible act ever committed by an FBI Director. Take that, J. Edgar!

Normally, the FBI never discusses their pending investigations, or comments when an investigation is closed without charges. Comey his violated both principles, clearly in an effort to benefit his fellow Republicans next month. The only thing more reprehensible was the Supreme Court's decision to intervene in an election with Bush. v. Gore.

• Members

• Members

Lucky, I headed here to apologize as soon as I read this article. My bad. I had assumed that no head of the FBI would or could make the kind of public statements Comey made last summer except by direct order of the Attorney General.

One would hope Obama fires this clown after the election, saving Clinton the awkwardness. Unless Trump wins. Then Obama should make whatever presidential finding of fact necessary to fly a hellfire missile through his office window.

Image result for hellfire missile gif

• Members

Wow! I made 2 mistakes in one thread. Comey did not stand up to John Ashcroft, he stood up to the guys who would act on Ashcroft's behalf while the Attorney General was hospitalized. He beat them to the hospital and informed Ashcroft of their shenanigans.

And the President can fire the Director of the FBI. Bill Clinton did.

Sorry for being so wrong.

On October 31, 2016 at 9:35 AM, AdamSmith said:

The way Comey can be terminated is to be found by a court to have violated the Hatch Act. A suit has been filed charging him with having done so.

Sorry, not by a court, but rather by the Office of Special Counsel that is now investigating the charge of violating the Hatch Act that Painter filed against Comey.

3 hours ago, numerito said:

Guess what President Hillary Rodham Clinton's first executive decision will be next January.....

If a finding comes down before the election that Comey did violate the Hatch Act, I think Obama -- post-election, of course -- will quite possibly do her the favor of firing himself (of course "only very reluctantly" etc etc :P ).