Guest bobbalino

Whatsapp video-conferencing ....

Guest bobbalino

Look up and install the app Whatsapp on your phone. Everyone in Brazil (and countless worldwide) uses it for calls, texts, images, brief voice messaging, and now video calls, thru the internet. Free and saves on long-distance charges, etc. I find the new audiovisual feature for the phone easier than skype or face time, which may become obsolete for those who favour Whatsapp. Others may have different views ... I do not profess to be an expert. All I am saying is I can now add videoconferencing to the "keeping in touch" menu with my Brazil contacts. 

Guest bobbalino

Perhaps Whatsapp will proliferate more in the Northern Western Hemisphere now with video-conferencing accessed so easily right through one's phone contacts. 

Guest bobbalino

Apparently, Booyah used in conjunction with Whatsapp, might allow group video calls like can occur in Skype, but that is getting too complex for my position on the learning curve ... moreover, my iPhone screen would get too crowded. 

• Members
57 minutes ago, bobbalino said:

Apparently, Booyah used in conjunction with Whatsapp, might allow group video calls like can occur in Skype, but that is getting too complex for my position on the learning curve ... moreover, my iPhone screen would get too crowded. 

WhatsApp video calls only works on Android. It's not supported in OS, meaning no iPhones.

https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/android/26000026

Guest bobbalino

My personal fitness trainer and I were hamming it up during my workout with him yesterday. My iPhone, his Android. Maybe it is because the app was upgraded just recently? I only yesterday initially noticed the camera icon and used it successfully. 

Addendum... SolaceSoul, your link actually describes iPhone compatibility iOS8+

I cannot believe I am correcting someone. Has my dream "Me talk tech-y pretty some day" come to fruition? ;)