tidewater

First time visitor to Rio saunas

Great report!!  Thank you!

The taxi issue can now be avoided by using Uber! I always use it in Brazil.  But if you do take a taxi go outside to the sidewalk area ask for a metered cab and then ask "how much to go to Ipanema? If its more then 70R (less if its Copa)say no and walk away believe me they will come after you and give you a flat rate!

You did well for your first venture into the saunas! 

Great report and i totally agree!  I have finally got used to the wife/kids thing! I have been to 3 weddings and several birthday parties in Niteroi of guys i had been fucking in the saunas, and danced with their wives/girlfriends... last one i went to was a neighboorhood party in Niteroi with about 200 residents i was the only foreigner and gringo. At that time there were 8 friends all from thecsame neighborhood working at 117 and i had been with 7 of them over the previous year numerous times! They invited me and i had a great time!! The caveat being we didnt mention to anyone we met at the sauna. I met them playing Volleyball on the beach! Lol. only in Brazil 

• Members

Tidewater, I like your name here as well as reading your report.  Brasil, but especially Rio de janeiro, will always have a very warm spot in my heart.  I found the city to be extraordinarily beautiful, even some of the favelas from afar.  The people I've always admired in terms of their helpfulness and basic decorum and...  ...love the culture.  ...hope to return one of these days if I am not traveling elsewhere.  ...can only do one or two international trips per year during retirement.

• Members

Tidewater, thanks for the report! Since I can't go to Rio theses days, love hearing about others experiences there. I like the off sauna report, keep it coming. Also, those visits get even more fun when you invite a guy you met before at the saunas... worth a try.

• Members

Ah, Rio during Carnaval.  I keenly remember 2003 when my friend and I went.  ...do hope to go back one of these days to re-experience at a slower pace.  Try Marius for seafood; it's one of those all you can eat and is adjacent to its "meat" facility.  ...liked very much which I last went in 2007 or '08!  Damn-- 17 years into the 21st century.

This venue is located directly east of Copa.  One day I left my hotel and walked to Avenida Atlantica/o (??) turned east and walked until I reached it.  My lunch experience was wonderful.  ...would recommend other places but can't easily relocate my great guide books.  {Ask for recommendations from hotel desk folks or from your concierage if the hotel has one.)

...loved Bahia as well.  ...had great times there.  [Before leaving Rio, you might want to take in THE PLATAFORMA, an extravaganza in music and dance highlighting the history of Rio/Brasil.  ...gorgeous eye candy.  I've gone three times.  Have your meal elsewhere, though before going to this performance! ] :smile:  :drool::drool:  :smile: