Guest lurkerspeaks

I finally booked my first trip to Bangkok

Guest lurkerspeaks

Very excited. Less than 96 hours til departure. I have never been on a plane this long before. Rio was my longest flight before. I really hope the jetlag isn't too bad. I bought a new little cheap chromebook to travel with so I can make reports as time permits.

7 hours ago, KevinC said:

Woohoo...I am excited too.

Why do you feel obligated to reply to so many threads with no usefulness whatsoever...??

I've met LurkerSpeaks and he is a VERY genuine down to earth humble guy.....wtf is up with you??

Sorry TomCal, is  a late night after hours of sex in mexico, can't help but feed the trolls,lol

Guest lurkerspeaks

Lucky, I am only coach for the phoenix to/from California segments. The rest is Biz class. I could not manage my fat ass in a coach seat that long.

• Members
On 11/6/2017 at 5:24 AM, lurkerspeaks said:

Lucky, I am only coach for the phoenix to/from California segments. The rest is Biz class. I could not manage my fat ass in a coach seat that long.

Lurkerspeaks-- you should be quite all right traveling this distance in business class.  The first time that I flew to Thailand (on a gay tour)-- I flew coach and was miserable going.  On my way back, I intentionally and deliberately placed myself in coach.  One of the flight attendants was aghast and gave me hell, but I ignored her.  Lucky for me her supervisor interceded and allowed me to remain.  The downside, after which I'd later discovered, was that I was in the Business Smoking area.  

When the plane landed, Sam, my tour director came back to me and relayed that I should have waited doing what I'd done because he could have gotten me into first class where he was flying.  [Sam had been doing these tours for a while, and I presume that he had connections.] 

But at any rate-- surely take in all that you can, culturally and otherwise.  Thailand and the Thais are my favorite along with Brasilians.  I've managed to travel there on three occasions and hope that I'd be able to do so in the future as well.  Bon voyage  :smile:

5 hours ago, Lucky said:

Lurker has been sleeping for 22 hours now! He must be very tired.

I thought the purpose of flying in J class  cabin was to rest and/or sleep comfortably.  Or was it too much money (or mileage points) for you just to sleep?  How many bottles of free alcohol did you drink to get your money worth?

1 hour ago, KevinC said:

I thought the purpose of flying in J class  cabin was to rest and/or sleep comfortably.  Or was it too much money (or mileage points) for you just to sleep?  How many bottles of free alcohol did you drink to get your money worth?

"Flying" and "comfortably" are not words that go naturally together in the same sentence, hardly ever. Class regardless.

You have not done much of it if you do not know that in your marrow-bones.

1 hour ago, KevinC said:

Tired of the pointless nasty comments.  Suspended for one month.  Feel free to return then or feel free to not. 

Guest lurkerspeaks
On 11/10/2017 at 6:34 AM, Lucky said:

Gosh, Kevin, don't you realize that you are a superhuman? Regular people probably need to sleep after some 20 hours of flying and a 2 a.m. arrival at their hotel. You have to factor that in. LOL

Lucky, with flights and layovers, it was 28 hours on the way here. Plus, as you can read in my journal, some other factors are in effect.