Tomcal

Best days at Saunas

• Members

Reading Tomcal's post, seems to confirm what I suspect is going on in Rio. The big sauna night in the city is no longer 117's Tuesday night, the crown now belongs to Point's Wednesday. Hopefully this won't go in Junior's head and spoils the situation as has happened in the past. 

Changing cities would be great if Tom could elaborate on his visit to Bar Fama, seldom covered on this forum while a lot of people claim on something to do in SP besides Lagoa. I've been twice to the place, a couple years ago, one time was great, the other there was hardly anybody there (at 1 AM), can still be described as a hustle bar?  Any updates woul be greatly appreciated. 

5 hours ago, Gotti said:

Reading Tomcal's post, seems to confirm what I suspect is going on in Rio. The big sauna night in the city is no longer 117's Tuesday night, the crown now belongs to Point's Wednesday. Hopefully this won't go in Junior's head and spoils the situation as has happened in the past. 

Changing cities would be great if Tom could elaborate on his visit to Bar Fama, seldom covered on this forum while a lot of people claim on something to do in SP besides Lagoa. I've been twice to the place, a couple years ago, one time was great, the other there was hardly anybody there (at 1 AM), can still be described as a hustle bar?  Any updates woul be greatly appreciated. 

Gotti, it was my first time to Bar Fama, and I loved it, but it is not for everyone, it is kinda sleezy(I loved it), and if you are somewhat timid, shy or convervative in your social life, it is not for you! The bar/seating area is not that large but there is a large black curtin on the right side as you walk in and that is the dark Room, where it is very dark and where you and a guy can have any kind of sex you want.  there is a stage with a dancer on it and at the back of the bar there is a bathroom.  the bathroom has a larger outer room where guys are blowing each other or kissing, and then there is the bathroom which has a lock and you can go in there and have privacy. We were there from about Midnight to 1:30 and there were about a dozen to 15 guys available, many waiting around the doorway to the bath room or in the bathroom.  I walked in to take a look around and was immediately approached by several guys.  One of the guys I was with was a very good looking guy with a lean toned build but who was slightly either drunk or on drugs but very functional otherwise, nice guy..  I was with two different guys there, and before anyone asks the pricing....it's is variable and based on your negotiating skills.  I liked it, I had fun and I will definitely go again!   I was there with Acir the owner of Meo Mundo and he also commented that several of the guys were surprisingly good looking because the impression was that it would be street boys but overall on that Saturday night it wasn't..  I will say that more then 2/3 of the guys appeared to be straight guys looking to make some quick cash.

• Members

Tomcal, thanks for the outstanding report, so Bar Fama is not only a hustle bar but a hustle bar on steroids! I can't think of anything similar in the States, where back rooms are pretty much frown upon, can't even imagine a back room with available hustlers doing their trade on the spot. Puzzling more people don't write about such unique place, thanks to you we already know Saturday is a good night, hopefully soon we will have more data about other nights, I don't remember which night of the week I was there and was kinda dead, I just remember it was a night before a local holiday and the admission was around R$30,00, about 2 years ago, so the price might have changed. 

I was told that Bar Fama does not get going until after midnight, this was my first time there and we got there I think after midnight but not later then 12:30 and the place was fairly busy.  The bar is on a busy street but I was told don't walk around take cab or uber to the door and back!(it was easy and Uber took less then 2 minutes to arrive at around 2:00 am when we left.

• Members

The Bar is located in a rough area (Arouche), very bohemian, but getting a little softer in the last few years because is becoming the gay neighbourhood of Sao Paulo. Traditionally the place for prostitution (male, female and trannies) and of course drugs. I was told straight guys go there to raise money for their fix, usually a couple lines, readily available all over. I remember walking.around a bit looking for a cab, since Uber was not so prevalent these days, maybe it was even forbidden. Right next door is Praca da Republica where you don't even have to pay admission to get whatever you are looking for. Don't recommend it, street trade is risky anywhere in the world. 

• Members

On January the 25th I wrote about Point 202 having become the biggest sauna night in Rio, and about the danger of this fact (or factoid) going to Junior's head and he start to spoil the whole thing, based on his past behavior. Well, sorry to say, it has begun already. As this week, the Point Wednesday became the most expensive night in Rio! The fee increase, albeit small, tell a lot about things to come. I well remember, in a not very distant past, when Point would charge an additional entrance fee on all nights that had free suites, certainly an all time classic on the annals of tackiness in Rio's sex scene. Doing well is not something he can deal naturally, he has to make sure about his arrival and sadly re-start down the road all over again. Will Monik have the last laugh? The guy is helpless!

Gotti i agree, but more credit should be given to Monique’s managers! Monique is a absentee landlord(skiing in Europe and Chile and if she shows up at 117 three times a year that’s a lot for her) the fact that she owns the building,  gives her a certain amount of flexibility the other sauna owners don’t possess!  stay tuned as a new sauna may make its appearance after carnival!! Negotiations are going on now and if it goes through it will be the largest in terms of number of suites(20) all with showers and bathrooms!

• Members
17 minutes ago, Tomcal said:

Gotti i agree, but more credit should be given to Monique’s managers! Monique is a absentee landlord(skiing in Europe and Chile and if she shows up at 117 three times a year that’s a lot for her) the fact that she owns the building,  gives her a certain amount of flexibility the other sauna owners don’t possess!  stay tuned as a new sauna may make its appearance after carnival!! Negotiations are going on now and if it goes through it will be the largest in terms of number of suites(20) all with showers and bathrooms!

new sauna... which area or nearest metro station and might this be open end of February?

And how do you find this out!

1 hour ago, redxs said:

new sauna... which area or nearest metro station and might this be open end of February?

And how do you find this out!

i have been going Brazil for 17 years, usually 4 or 5 times a year, so i have made a lot of friends who tell me what’s going on!

after Carnival ends and if negotiations are successful then yes it may be open by the end of Feb.  the official grand opening will be in April! When i go back.

• Members
On 1/26/2018 at 5:38 AM, Gotti said:

The Bar is located in a rough area (Arouche), very bohemian, but getting a little softer in the last few years because is becoming the gay neighbourhood of Sao Paulo. Traditionally the place for prostitution (male, female and trannies) and of course drugs. I was told straight guys go there to raise money for their fix, usually a couple lines, readily available all over. I remember walking.around a bit looking for a cab, since Uber was not so prevalent these days, maybe it was even forbidden. Right next door is Praca da Republica where you don't even have to pay admission to get whatever you are looking for. Don't recommend it, street trade is risky anywhere in the world. 

Personally, I don’t consider the Arouche / Republica area all that “rough” although it is a bit dodgy — and your safety, or rather, your semblance of it, may depend upon how well it looks like you “fit in” to the environment (i.e., older, conservative white or Asian guys probably should just take taxis). Yeah, the Largo Do Arouche area around Praça do Republica is a mix of street people, trannies and gay bars, and the less initiated should proceed with caution — especially when traveling alone late at night.

The area reminds me of late 80s to early 90s Times Square seediness or maybe even mid 90s pre-gentrified West Side Highway / Meat Packing Didtrict New York area. Not really for the squeamish but those who look the part and have their wits about them should be fine. Others — cab it.

There are some good hotels around Republica Park as well as good AirBnB apartments, and the Republica metro is commonly used. But again, your mileage may vary.

4 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

The area reminds me of late 80s to early 90s Times Square seediness or maybe even mid 90s pre-gentrified West Side Highway / Meat Packing Didtrict New York area. Not really for the squeamish but those who look the part and have their wits about them should be fine. Others — cab it.

There are some good hotels around Republica Park as well as good AirBnB apartments, and the Republica metro is commonly used. But again, your mileage may vary.

I loved NYC in the 90's , Stellas, Cats, Gaeity, etc.  I miss it!

• Members
16 hours ago, Tomcal said:

i have been going Brazil for 17 years, usually 4 or 5 times a year, so i have made a lot of friends who tell me what’s going on!

after Carnival ends and if negotiations are successful then yes it may be open by the end of Feb.  the official grand opening will be in April! When i go back.

I arrive 6 March... hopefully it's open by then and I will be the first to post a review on the place! Maybe my standing on the forum will increase hehe

Will the sauna be accessible from Copa or Ipanema?

And how do the saunas recruit guys? - I mean, will it just take guys away from the usual saunas and make them less busy? Or will it attract new guys?

guys tend to gravitate to a certain sauna and stay with one although there are some that will rotate on the busiest nights for each sauna.  the new sauna will not be in the beach area(I think rents are too expensive, it will be in Centro about 5 mins from Meo Mundo.

Usually saunas do not recruit, the guys that work there tell their friends relatives(I have done 3 sets of identical twins over the years as well as cousins and uncle nephew, only 2 years apart in age.) Photo below is the twins I originally met when they were 18 and long before they became body builders. the one on the right died a few years ago of a drug overdoze.

twins.jpg

On 2/2/2018 at 10:58 AM, Gotti said:

On January the 25th I wrote about Point 202 having become the biggest sauna night in Rio, and about the danger of this fact (or factoid) going to Junior's head and he start to spoil the whole thing, based on his past behavior. Well, sorry to say, it has begun already. As this week, the Point Wednesday became the most expensive night in Rio! The fee increase, albeit small, tell a lot about things to come. I well remember, in a not very distant past, when Point would charge an additional entrance fee on all nights that had free suites, certainly an all time classic on the annals of tackiness in Rio's sex scene. Doing well is not something he can deal naturally, he has to make sure about his arrival and sadly re-start down the road all over again. Will Monik have the last laugh? The guy is helpless!

He has no clue...I have soo many stories about this guy, makes my head spin.