• Members

Howdy,

I'll be traveling to Rio from Feb 7 to Feb 20... and I've just realized that it's right smack in the middle of Carnival (Feb 9 to Feb 13)... will the boys at the saunas be affected much by Carnival?... meaning, will they be too busy partying that they won't be working?

It's been 5 years since I have been to Rio and one of my main motivations is to re-visit the saunas; I'm not much of a partier and I don't flock to loud music.  Any recommendations of places or cities nearby to go hideaway with an active sauna scene?

Let me know if anyone is also in Rio during this time-frame.

Thanks!

• Members

Others are probably more better qualified than me to answer this.

Other cities nearby - Brazil is so big I imagine the next place with a similar sauna scene would be Sao Paulo and this is probably best reached by plane.

I've read previously that the saunas remain busy over Carnival. I would try visiting the non-rent saunas too like Rio G as guys will always be horny and looking for fun. With so many guys in town you might pull a hunk in these places anyway. And the usual saunas like 117 and 202, I imagine there are always guys looking to earn so just visit as usual.

I was looking to visit same time as you but left it too late to book - fund the accommodation and flight prices too high, visiting in March now.

There will be tons of guys in Rio and more sauna guys coming into town for Carnival...I know of a few guys who will be in town just for carnival and work in the saunas...

Depending on how you look, check out Grindr...it will be BOOMING

As far as the saunas...the week before Carnival will be jumping as will the week ago with guys trying to make money money and closing out the busy summer season...

Not sure how it will be the actual week of Carnival but I would think there will still be a crowd since there are tons of tourists in town and horny guys there

You not liking crowds is comical because it is about to be SUPER packed all over the city for Carnival....

• Members

Bear in mind that you and hundreds of thousands are landing in Rio, Tex. If you leave, finding a domestic flight, or bus for that matter, to return will be a big challenge unless it is after the peak. 

I already ran into a transportation jam-up recently due to a preC bloco. For strategies getting around, Rio Times (online) is one way to likely get the street fest dates and locations (not strategies). The schedule might also help you to clue in what nights might be sleepless where you are lodging. 

the guys who go to the saunas are the ones that usually want to make money without all the competition that the 6:00 crowd brings. also one requirement all the saunas have is that there is a minimum number of hours the have to work! usually 3 - 3-1/2 hours(unless they have had 3 customers then they can leave when they are done with the third customer)

• Members
8 hours ago, dallastexas said:

Thanks everyone for the information.

I've landed in Sao Paulo 2 days ago and am having a really sexual-riffic time.  Stopped by Lagoa as soon as my plane landed (I skipped checking into my hotel since I travel light) on Friday night and it was nice and crowded, with garotos.  I agree with most posters on here, that Lagoa is a paradise for visually stunning, muscled, delicious, AF model, pretty boy, mouth watering fit boys...since SP is a cosmopolitan city, the boys here are truly melting pot... if you want light skinned -- you got it...and if you want a nice dark carioca type -- you got it also.  The only commonality I see (and experienced) with the boys is that their dicks are HUGE, un-ashamingly, un-humanly, in-credibly, a breathtaking,...staggering, superhuman piece of art. 

Two notes of advice regarding logistics of arriving at the GRU airport.  #1: DO NOT exchange cash at the cambio exchange counter, with all the taxes and fees it adds on to your exchange, you'll get ripped off.  I exchanged 200USD cash and got only 480 Real.  I didn't know any better and when I realized that I can get 640 Real, I saddened a little...that's one sex session with a garotos for a generous rate of 160...I hate it that the first thing that fucked me in Brazil was the cambio exchange counter and not a Brazilian man -- oh well, bygones.  DO USE atm machines (they're everywhere) or exchange cash at the cambio exchange in the shopping malls on Paulista Ave.  #2: Upon arrival, I bypassed the airport bus since the line was quite long.  GRU airport has free internet for 60 minutes, so I was able to get online via my Iphone and booked Uber...from GRU to the Vila Clementino neighborhood was 66 Reals ~ 21 USD...super fast and super cheap....super convenient too, as I walked past the crowds of loud angry people waiting for the airport bus into the city and was taken direct to Lagoa. 

Back to the main topic at hand,...Day #1, Friday night at Lagoa,...in 2012 when I visited Brazil for the first time and didn't know what I was doing, I heeded the wise advice of many users on this forum and never went for my 1st eye catch inside the sauna.  Well, in 2018, I've decided to try something different, after sitting in between 2 obnoxious, talkative model-wannabe girls on a really long plane ride to Brazil, I wanted to re-live all the hot sex I had in 2012, ASAP.  I didn't wait and look around like I did back in 2012, I didn't shop for all of the 30+ garatos in Lagoa on a bustling Friday night; this time, upon entering Lagoa, I was the shark and I am hunting.  I knew what I wanted and I wasted no time.  While most customers were enjoying the unsually tall and un-handsomely ugly drag queen on stage mis-lip-synching (I don't think she learned the lyrics, or maybe her lip pronunciation was off), I found my prey in 10 minute, a "dark skinned macho Brazilian",...the straight type who I guess and imagined, has a wife and 2 kids depending on him as a bread winner; whose dick was as hard as oak and as slithering as a serpent.  I looked at him and smiled, hinted for him to come over.  With my phone and Google translate in hand, I communicated with him the topic of what's important to me.  Beija?  Check!  Tu Activo?  Check!  Penetracao lenta e suave, odeio rapido e duro?  Check! Quanto Para Sexo?  100 Reals...Check!  Posso ver sue pau?...CHECK!  From there, we got a cabine.  I love that the cabines in Lagoa has a a nice large mirror for you to stare into as you are having sex --  I love being lost in lust as I watch the big butt of the macho Brazilian gyrate, pound, push, pull, and jackhammer me....he made me came, without touching myself.  My goal of the night was to have 2 garotos on my first night, but after this one did such a good job, I left to go check-in my hotel, I was content and satisfied. 

Day #2, Saturday night at Lagoa... the previous night, I arrived at Lagoa a little late,... after doing the perfunctory attractions and chores in the morning, ie: visiting Japan-town (Libradade) to get my Japanese street food fix and visiting MASP, I aimed to arrive in Lagoa early, around 17h.  From my 2012 trip, I learned that there are 2 types of garotos at Lagoa, the first type garotos is humble and will need to go home early to his family once he's earned enough, he'll have 1 or 2 customers, then leave early, if you want too long, you will miss him and regret it; and the second type, the professional who aims to turn as many tricks as possible and stays there a really long time.  Tonight, I wanted type 1 garotos, so I arrived at the sauna a little early.  My early bird approach came with rewards, I found a light-skinned, dark hair, naturally bulk muscular, thick legs and thick chest (he's not the steroidal big chested scrawny leg type you see a lot in Brazil), smooth skinned, "Bel Ami AF type garotos."  I asked him how much, he said 200 Reals, which I thought was sorta high, but I was willing to play along for this caliber, considering that it will cost MUCH more to find a specimen of this grade in the States.  I asked him if he is "quality" at sex or just pretty to look at, he says both.  I asked to see his dick first to test his level of agree-ableness and he showed me a "pau" more beautiful than the "dark skinned macho Brazilian" I enjoyed the night previously.  My ears perked, I salivated, swallowed my saliva, then I had Google Translate negotiate a rate of 150 Reals with him -- he smiled and agreed.  In the cabine, I muscle worshiped him like a willing slave.  I surrendered to him like a puppy with legs on its back,... he was a proud natural-isqe bodybuilder type, with a deep sexy Brazilian grunting voice.  He kept smiling and winking at me as I licked every sinewy curve and muscle on his body...the only part he didn't enjoy as much was when I licked his clean delicious fuzzy iron-gate asshole, clearly no one has been to that territory before and I helped open his world up a little bit.  I like that he didn't rush the session, he let me take my time.  Once I was ready, I hoped on him like a seasoned cowboy and rode his bull like I was at the rodeo.  He bucked me, and tonight, I was the willing prey. 

With the "Bel ami AF type garotos", I thought my luck was at its peak.  Yet, I was greedy and later found an incredibly "tall light-skinned tattooed cover" garotos who was near the TV in the back watching football and eating his meal.  He is probably by far the tallest garotos there, I mean Empire State building size.  I've had my share of tall men, but this has got to be the tallest.  He seemed so focus on the TV, I pulled up a chair, sat next to him and smiled.  45 minutes and 120 Reals later, I was content and satisfied. 

The quality and performance of the boys at Lagoa has been excellent, but I'm always a connoisseur for spice and variety.  I'll check out sauna Fragata tomorrow and will update ya'll accordingly...

Terrific post, one of the few that recognizes the superior quality of Lagoa boys when compared with boys in Rio. One advice if you are not a regular: The most desirable boys will be surrounded by their many admirers (moneyd) at prime time (7/8 PM). The same boys occasionally are there earlier (before 6 PM) and at this time they are all business and much easily approachable. If prime time cannot be avoided it helps to be on a table downing Scotches (beer won't do it). It helps to indicate that you have money, before offering the money itself. 

• Members
5 hours ago, redxs said:

so drink whiskey or scotch! 

have you any pics of type of guys in Lagoa?

and surely it's impossible that the guys are better than in Rio!!!

The sentence could have been worded differently, instead of "better" should state that Lagoa has more garotos that fits the conventional pretty boy standard which of course might be totally irrelevant to some people that favors different types of assets.

• Members
17 hours ago, Tomcal said:

the guys who go to the saunas are the ones that usually want to make money without all the competition that the 6:00 crowd brings. also one requirement all the saunas have is that there is a minimum number of hours the have to work! usually 3 - 3-1/2 hours(unless they have had 3 customers then they can leave when they are done with the third customer)

Lol, Tom, you are not being very clear here. 

Surely, the saunas cannot force the garotos to stay 3 hours. I have certainly seen garotos enter and leave very soon after in Rio, so if they have this as a policy, the sauna staff are not enforcing it. Are you saying SP is different? 

24 minutes ago, Tartegogo said:

Lol, Tom, you are not being very clear here. 

Surely, the saunas cannot force the garotos to stay 3 hours. I have certainly seen garotos enter and leave very soon after in Rio, so if they have this as a policy, the sauna staff are not enforcing it. Are you saying SP is different? 

No it has nothing to do with the city!  i am saying ALL saunas have a minimum hour rule but the boys do not have to adhere to it if they pay the client admission price vs the boy admission! very few do or they will have the client who wants them to leave pay it!

I thought what i wrote was very clear you are just trying to say i was wrong,  and that rarely happens on here! :-)

• Members

I hope the saunas are hopping at this time since I will be in Rio February 8th to the 14th.  This is my first time in Rio during Carnival.  I planned ahead and made arrangements with one of my favorite boys from the sauna to be my companion for the week and guide me through the block parties and the sambadrome parades.  I still plan on being at 117 every night early before the night parties to partake of the carnal fun with some hot men joining me and my companion for threesomes every night (maybe twice a night)!  I’ll report back when I return if you would like.

• Members

45 minutes ago, Tomcal said:

No it has nothing to do with the city!  i am saying ALL saunas have a minimum hour rule but the boys do not have to adhere to it if they pay the client admission price vs the boy admission! very few do or they will have the client who wants them to leave pay it!

I thought what i wrote was very clear you are just trying to say i was wrong,  and that rarely happens on here! :-)

Nope, not very clear, especially the first sentence.

I couldn't imagine what would be the enforcement method, but now I see, making them pay client admission makes sense, a garoto wouldn’t want to do that, that is pretty bad cut into your income if you only had one or 2 clients.

I took Felipe into meo Mundo, and we left within 15 minutes of entering. He didn’t pay client admission, only I did. 

• Members
20 hours ago, Tomcal said:

Ah...thanks tomcal for the info.  I learn something new everyday!  I noticed 2-3 of the really good looking ones arrive fairly late (around 8 to 8:30 pm)...they'll change into a towel (sometimes just walk around in their street clothes), find a client, and within an hour, is out the door right before the drag show... it's like speed dating, minus the dating, and adding the "sexo."  I'll have to try and arrive earlier today to continue my observation and studies.  ^_^

• Members
14 hours ago, Gotti said:

Terrific post, one of the few that recognizes the superior quality of Lagoa boys when compared with boys in Rio. One advice if you are not a regular: The most desirable boys will be surrounded by their many admirers (moneyd) at prime time (7/8 PM). The same boys occasionally are there earlier (before 6 PM) and at this time they are all business and much easily approachable. If prime time cannot be avoided it helps to be on a table downing Scotches (beer won't do it). It helps to indicate that you have money, before offering the money itself. 

Oh I love your tip!...I'll visit Lagoa earlier today.  The unfortunate thing is that I am such an alcohol light weight that Scotch, to me, so potent that I'll probably be too squeamish and drunk to enjoy the remainder of the night. 

• Members
12 hours ago, redxs said:

so drink whiskey or scotch! 

have you any pics of type of guys in Lagoa?

and surely it's impossible that the guys are better than in Rio!!!

Unfortunately, I don't take any pics of the boys.  I'm a bit of a peculiar oddball,...once the boy makes me climax, I'm pretty much done,... I'm not interested in him cumming and I am ready to bolt out the room and take a nice shower.  The logistics of staying around, asking for a photo, fussing with the phone,...is too much paper-work, for me.  I will try to make it up to ya'll with plentiful written descriptions. 

• Members
8 hours ago, Tomcal said:

you will find whatever type you are looking for at Lagoa, bodybuilder- swimmer- lean muscled, etc. with a emphasis on more muscled types.

I concur.  I feel like I am advertising for Lagoa and I that's not my intention, but it's true.  After visiting Fragata last night, the difference in the quality of boys at Lagoa and elsewhere,...is vast and startling, almost un-comparable.

Here's my experience on Day #3, Fragata on Sunday.  I must note that the staff at Fragata is first class -- super friendly and very helpful.  It starts with the check-in counter, you're greeted with a welcoming warm smile.  I ordered a Gatorade (I know, don't judge me, I arrived really thirsty after lots of walking earlier and I was thirsting for a lime-orange juice drink) and the wonderful extremely attractive staff (he had a cute butt and a nice bulge) was so nice, he even offered to open the cap on my Gatorade bottle,...a true gentleman!  FYI, Fragata does have wifi (photo & password enclosed), but the wifi was so slow that it was useless.  

Sundays are supposed to be busy and it was, but I must clarify that the ratio of clients to garotos was uneven, 4:1 almost.  Perhaps it's because it's bingo night, but there were about 40 customers and only 12-13 garotos.  Aside from one attractive, extremely social, about 20 year old, white twink with a huge penis (he was overly accommodating and too aggressive, so I declined) ,...the rest of the garotos were, too me, not very attractive.  Some "boys" were quite old, some were quite street (not the attractive sleazy kind, but the unattractive super rough kind), others were un-naturally and un-evenly muscular (the steroidal-shoulders-that-looks-like-a-camel's-hump type).  Maybe it was pre-Carnavale and all the garotos is off partying, or an off night in terms of garotos at Fragata tonight,...who knows.  Entrance fee at Fragata on Sunday is 60 Reals (cheaper on other days, but I couldn't read Portuguese, so I am not sure) and my Gatorade was cheap at 10 Reals. I didn't cum tonight, so I am a little sad...but tomorrow will be a new day and I will try Lagoa on a Monday...wish me luck!

IMG_5619.JPG

• Members
13 hours ago, dallastexas said:

Snipped - to edit - 

-

"Maybe it was pre-Carnaval and all the garotos are off partying, or an off night in terms of garotos at Fragata tonight,...who knows. 

-

No, the lack of quality garatos at Fragata was not because of any effects related to Carnaval.  

Over the past two years, or so, Fragata has taken a steep dive for the worse with respect to quality garotos.  

As you already noticed during your visit to Fragata, the ratio of garoto to client was roughly four to one.  You also commented about some of the garotos being old and unattractive.  

Fragata used to be great competition to Lagoa.  In prior years, many garotos switched back and forth working between Lagoa and Fragata.  

About two years ago, new and handsome garotos stopped working at Fragata.  I don't know why the change happened; it just did. 

Because I had previously enjoyed Fragata for such a long time, I remained loyal to the place until last year (hoping the place would resume being a fun sauna).  

My last four trips to Fragata ,during 2017 ,were absolutely depressing, but, as I already wrote, the downward tend began before 2017.  

For example, some of the handsome garotos of ten or more years ago were still working at Fragata.  The ravages of time took its toll on those formerly good looking garotos.   How depressing it was to be approached by over weight unattractive garotos.  All the while I realized that Lagoa was only a short trip away where there would be handsome available garotos.  

Last year, after a countless number of unproductive visits to Fragata, I decided to stop visiting Fragata.  I have no plans to return to Fragata even though I will be returning to Brazil next month.   

Fragata used to be my favorite Sauna.  Their busiest nights were Wednesday and Sunday.  I have met some wonderful garotos over the years.  

Nothing lasts forever.  As the proverb goes - "When the horse is dead, it is time to get off."  Thus, that is what has become of Fragata - a dead horse.   

• Members
17 hours ago, Riotastic said:

I hope the saunas are hopping at this time since I will be in Rio February 8th to the 14th.  This is my first time in Rio during Carnival.  I planned ahead and made arrangements with one of my favorite boys from the sauna to be my companion for the week and guide me through the block parties and the sambadrome parades.  I still plan on being at 117 every night early before the night parties to partake of the carnal fun with some hot men joining me and my companion for threesomes every night (maybe twice a night)!  I’ll report back when I return if you would like.

...went to CARNAVAL in 2003, fifteen long years ago.  At the time in Rio, there were four or five saunas.  Pointe 202 hadn't been too long in opening;  Meio Mundo was not around then either; Club 117 was rockin' each time that I went.  So, in spite of this being a very special time, the guys were present and quite willing to meet and play! 

One night my good friend, who I took with me to Rio, spent an hour+ with a garoto from Bahia.  Apparently, these two had a supreme time in the cabine, for they did overspend their designated time.  Fortunately, he did not have to pay additional money.  

You should NOT have any difficulty!  Enjoy!

[I had one hell of a time being in my favorite city of the world during that time.  Hope I'll still be in relatively good health to re-experience CARNAVAL one of these years.  It's a great time to be in "Mother Brasil" and in the "Marvelous City."]

• Members
On 31/01/2018 at 5:19 PM, dallastexas said:

Howdy,

I'll be traveling to Rio from Feb 7 to Feb 20... and I've just realized that it's right smack in the middle of Carnival (Feb 9 to Feb 13)... will the boys at the saunas be affected much by Carnival?...

DT,

Right.   It does happen to be Carnaval out there in Brazil.   

I think you mentioned you do not like noise LOL.   Yet here you are arriving TOMORROW.   You won't be able to escape it.  Sorry.     

I happen to be in Rio right now, and instead of running from it,  am embracing it.   And somehow having a great time.   

You could go the formal route, at Sapucai, also known as the Sambadrone, and witness the parades, along with all the other tourists.  Or you could take part, like a carioca, in the hundreds of block parties in each and every neighborhood of the city.

If you find a guy you like (and trust), then ask him to do something other than in bed!   Ask him along as a guide.  And tell us about it.

• Members
4 hours ago, ferrar said:

DT,

Right.   It does happen to be Carnaval out there in Brazil.   

I think you mentioned you do not like noise LOL.   Yet here you are arriving TOMORROW.   You won't be able to escape it.  Sorry.     

I happen to be in Rio right now, and instead of running from it,  am embracing it.   And somehow having a great time.   

You could go the formal route, at Sapucai, also known as the Sambadrone, and witness the parades, along with all the other tourists.  Or you could take part, like a carioca, in the hundreds of block parties in each and every neighborhood of the city.

If you find a guy you like (and trust), then ask him to do something other than in bed!   Ask him along as a guide.  And tell us about it.

Ferrar,

I'm currently in Sao Paulo right now.  I considered doing a quick trip to Porto Alegre once I fly into Rio from Feb 7 to Feb 13 to avoid the noise...the boring side of me that just wants sex and peace on this vacation finds it tempting.  But, the other part of me that realizes that going to Carnival is a once in a lifetime opportunity has taken over and decided to embrace this experience. 

Sao Paulo is currently having little early block parties now; and, unlike Songkran in Bangkok several years ago, I am actually really enjoying the Brazilian block parties...it's quite organized and fun...and people don't squirt you with water guns or bathe you in a cooler of ice water as you're walking to a nice restaurant.  Yay!

Life is short... and on this vacation... I've committed to having lots of Brazilian "pau" and parties.