• Members

Love, Simon is a charming movie where a straight actor pretends to be gay in high school. He struggles with coming out, and when it does happen, it is nothing like he expected. This is a feel good movie about a gay leading character by a major studio. The gay character does not die in the end. I liked the movie, but cute Nick Robinson does not have a gay vibe about him. I suppose that if they made the same movie starring a dorky gay guy it wouldn't sell, so I should be thankful that Nick took the role. The audience over the weekend was 58% female, according to Variety.  Response to Love, Simon has been quite positive.

• Members
14 hours ago, Riobard said:

But there are a few love interest candidates and the viewer is left hanging, like in the final ferris wheel scene, as to the ID of the anon gay poster. 

Wasn't that part of the fun? For a while, I wondered if Blue would be a woman. I was quite satisfied with the final one! His smile could light up a room.

Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone planning still to see the movie.

• Members
On 3/19/2018 at 8:40 AM, Lucky said:

Love, Simon is a charming movie where a straight actor pretends to be gay in high school. He struggles with coming out, and when it does happen, it is nothing like he expected. This is a feel good movie about a gay leading character by a major studio. The gay character does not die in the end. I liked the movie, but cute Nick Robinson does not have a gay vibe about him. I suppose that if they made the same movie starring a dorky gay guy it wouldn't sell, so I should be thankful that Nick took the role. The audience over the weekend was 58% female, according to Variety.  Response to Love, Simon has been quite positive.

I agree that Nick does not have a gay vibe about him and your comment has stayed with me.

But the more I think of it I think his lack of gay vibe was perfect for the movie.

Or, at least, more preferable than someone obviously gay or worse, stereo-typically gay. 

Box office seemed to peter out a little to soon.

• Members
On 1/4/2019 at 11:33 PM, boiworship said:

I loved it and watched it twice. I love those kinds of movies.

Teen romance? Or just cute boy stars? Nick Robinson sure is easy on the eyes. He has that air of sincerity surrounding his beauty that teen um, girls, can easily buy into.