Tomcal

Back in Mexico

He told me he only wants us 2 in the bed Only!(which is fine with me). i am already planning a return trip here with him in September! One difference then previous similiar experiences is he is not a sauna guy, never had worked in one, i met him through a sauna guy i know.  He is tall, 6’2” well built, handsome and Gay..but most importantly a really nice guy!

• Members

He sounds like a keeper!!!

I’m curious in your experience if you notice any difference in bed between the gay guys in Brazil and the straight ones.

Personally I prefer the gay guys, but I know some like the thrill of being with a “straight” guy.  

A lot of the guys in the saunas claim to be “bi,” but there are definitely a few who claim to be totally straight and I’ve had mixed experiences with those types..

Yes there is a difference which i think it was floridarob who pointed it out to me about 7 years ago!! many times it is only a slight difference other times more! There is such a grey area between gay/straight/bi in Brazil(and Mexico)! compared to the U.S!

well today at noon my guy from a são Paulo left to go back as he has a family function to go to on Sunday. He still lives at home with his parents and has two older sisters who he is very close to! When i go back in August i agreed to go out with him and his two sisters!  He is coming back to Mexico with me in September...it was that great a week!

about 2:30 my doorbell rang and it was one of the guys i met off Grindr about a year ago here, so he came in and we fooled around and both fell asleep and the next thing i knew it was 5:30! so i woke him up and he left as i had arranged for someone to come over and spend the night and he was supposed to be here at 6:00 but fortunately we had a downpour then and he called and said let’s wait until 8:00 because of the bad traffic! Whew!!:-)

2 hours ago, Tomcal said:

well today at noon my guy from a são Paulo left to go back as he has a family function to go to on Sunday. He still lives at home with his parents and has two older sisters who he is very close to! When i go back in August i agreed to go out with him and his two sisters!  He is coming back to Mexico with me in September...it was that great a week!

about 2:30 my doorbell rang and it was one of the guys i met off Grindr about a year ago here, so he came in and we fooled around and both fell asleep and the next thing i knew it was 5:30! so i woke him up and he left as i had arranged for someone to come over and spend the night and he was supposed to be here at 6:00 but fortunately we had a downpour then and he called and said let’s wait until 8:00 because of the bad traffic! Whew!!:-)

Do they just show up at your door? :)

30 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

Do they just show up at your door? :)

two do in particular, as the university is a couple blocks away so after classes they swing by and 75% of the time i say no as i have plans and they go "no problem, see you tomorrow" and 25% of the time i say "come on in", lol   

26 minutes ago, Alaskabear said:

Tom what are the beaches like to the north of you?   I imagine they are off the tourist map a bit.  Especially compared to Cancun and all that horribleness. Do you know of any gay playas?   

there is no “specific gay” playas! the closest Beach town is Progresso which is 25 minutes away. no big hotels and you can still buy Homes on the beach for $300,000. but for me watching the waves go in and out is pretty boring after a day or 2, plus it is a small town...in 5 years it will probably explode in size as now cruise ships are docking there but it doesn’t have the beautiful blue ocean of Cancun but more grey blue because the ocean is so shallow that you can walk a mile straight out and still be only up past your waist!(the dock for the cruise ships is 4 miles long to reach deep enough water to let the ships dock) But i just went with my Brazilian friend to a restaurant on the beach there called the “Crabster” which was 5 stars in my book!

• Members
3 hours ago, Tomcal said:

He still lives at home with his parents 

This seems pretty common in Brazil...mortgages are really difficult to get and the interest rates are high (13%+)

I met a handsome 40 year old guy on the gay beach at Ipanema that still lived with his parents lol.  He said his parents were used to him having “friends” over, and that his mom might even cook me dinner. Needless to say I insisted that we go to my place :lol:

• Members

Hi Tomcal. Please let us know why you are so successful with these young guys? I know almost nothing about you since I’m new to the forum. I’m a tall, decent looking Italian-German guy, 45. People tell me (not only my Mom!) that I’m nice and nice looking. How would I do?

very serious inquiry.

steve

17 minutes ago, Steveocean456 said:

Hi Tomcal. Please let us know why you are so successful with these young guys? I know almost nothing about you since I’m new to the forum. I’m a tall, decent looking Italian-German guy, 45. People tell me (not only my Mom!) that I’m nice and nice looking. How would I do?

very serious inquiry.

steve

Steve,  i am not sure i know the answer to your Question, except i treat them like i would a friend and many of the guys in Brazil who i was with sexually 15 years ago i am still friends with today long after their sauna days ended! i have been invited(and gone) to 2 weddings, 3 christening and about a 1/2 a dozen neighborhood parties! Including one in Niteroi where a lot of the sauna guys from 117 come from! i was reticent about going as there were about 200 people from the neighborhood who had a Saturday night street party and 8 guys from 117 lived there, but i had a great time as i was the only gringo, the tallest guy there(6’5”), and spoke little Portuguese, but i  had a great time! i think being yourself, being personable, but also don’t be a “patsy” for every sob story, they respect guys that don’t give money away much more then they do ones who do in my experience! When a guy asks me for money because 1) his mother needs a new heart, 2) grandmother needs a kidney 3)Rent is due, my standard response is “You do not give sex away for free, I don’t give money away for free!” they usually smile and say “OK”

• Members

From my observation.  Tomcal is a social person (not an introvert), white (a big preference in Mexico), Top (a big preference in gay world), spend money on boys (stick to his budget and rules), speak passable Spanish and Portuguese. Travel to Brazil a few time a year, so he is semi-local, which makes it easier to continue his connections with locals from previous trips.

2 hours ago, Steveocean456 said:

Are we the same age? Ageism is rampant here in Miami unless there’s a big bank account behind the years. 

Ageism is/has always been rampant in the gay community in the US and Western Europe imho! Mexico or specifically Merida it is not prevalent! i stated previously a few months ago on Grindr about 75% of the guys I have been with are free! the majority are between 20 and 25 and i can honestly say the sex has been great! Florida rob is really the expert maybe he will share his thoughts!? i was going to say his experiences but he makes me almost look virginal!! :-). i am going to a birthday party for a mutual friend later tonight with him so i will ask him if he agrees with my observations!

I am at Villa Verde tonight for Happy hour! i have mentioned this place before! Beautiful grounds in the heart of Merida, across the street from a gay bar where i have picked up more then a few guys!  it is quite large but only because has 5 suites! Owned by a gay american couple, great place to go for happy hour before going to dinner(what i am doing tonight!)

50F2F7B7-ED7E-4EC0-B362-2E911FC5AC36.png