TotallyOz

Roseanne Show Cancelled

• Members

Good news that she is gone. 

She and Trump share the same bigoted and hateful view of anyone who is not white.  

Her recent tweets confirm this fact.  

Although she said she was sorry for saying what she did, if she did not really think that way, she would not have written those hideous tweets.  

Her apology is insincere.  She apologized solely in an attempt to save her job which she rightfully lost.  

Guest Larstrup

ABC announced Tuesday that it canceled “Roseanne” after the show’s star, Roseanne Barr, went on a vitriolic and racist Twitter rant.

Barr appeared to take aim late Monday at Valerie Jarrett, a former adviser to President Barack Obama, in a tweet that identified the administration official by her initials: “muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.” Though she later claimed it was “a joke,” she issued a fuller apology Tuesday after more intense criticism was directed toward her and ABC. “I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans,” she wrote. “I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me-my joke was in bad taste.”

But Channing Dungey, the president of ABC Entertainment, did not consider the tweet a joking matter.

“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” she said in a statement released just hours after the comedian’s offensive social media rant.

Barr was also dropped by her talent agency, ICM Partners, who announced in a statement that her “disgraceful and unacceptable tweet” was “antithetical to our core values, both as individuals and as an agency. Consequently, we have notified her that we will not represent her.”

Jarrett addressed the comments in an “Everyday Racism” town hall that will air later tonight on MSNBC, saying that Disney chairman Bob Iger had called her before the announcement. “This should be a teaching moment,” Jarrett said, according to an MSNBC preview of the session. “I’m fine. I’m worried about all the people out there who don’t have a circle of friends and followers who come right to their defense — the person who’s walking down the street minding their own business and they see somebody cling to their purse or walk across the street. Or every black parent I know who has a boy who has to sit down and have a conversation, ‘the talk’ as we call it… those ordinary examples of racism that happen every single day.”

The news capped a day of online furor over a tweetstorm that also included false conspiracy theories, as well as attacks on former first daughter Chelsea Clinton.

The social-media rant wasn’t exactly a surprise performance by Barr, who regularly delights supporters of President Trump with her retweets of conservative memes and stories. She has trucked in conservative conspiracies before, though she deleted most of her old tweets once it was announced that her show “Roseanne” was coming back on the air after a 21-year hiatus.

But even by her own standards, this latest round of tweets were particularly vitriolic. She started by spreading the false rumor that Chelsea Clinton is married to the nephew of billionaire liberal Democratic donor George Soros, who is a lightning rod for false conservative theories.

Roseanne Barr attacked many people today. For The full read click here:

Racist pig Roseanne

• Members
12 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

If only there had been some sort of sign beforehand,  that Roseanne was a racist and anti-semitic....oh wait...

And this one, too, which shows that she probably would have been an efficient prison guard if she had any choice in the matter - 

DZhiCS-VQAAoPJo.jpg

Guest Larstrup

Donald Trump Jr. retweeted some of the offensive tweets posted by Roseanne Barr before her show was canceled Tuesday — calling billionaire George Soros a Nazi “who turned in his fellow Jews.”

After falsely claiming that Chelsea Clinton is married to Soros’ nephew, Barr responded with an “apology” that included a bizarre conspiracy-mongering rant about the Democratic donor — which the president’s son then relayed to his 2.84 million followers.

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/29/don-trump-jr-retweeted-roseanne-barrs-racist-tweets/

Guest Larstrup

Adam Smith still believes that the constitution is going to protect us from what is going on under the Trump administration. He has told us so as he quoted in another thread 80 times or so. 

What Adam Smith doesn’t realize is that the Constitution and the institutions of this nation are under siege and being tested like they have ever been before.  Roseanne Barr is only an example of this.  Thank God ABC shut her down when there  could’ve been  hesitation. 

Adam Smith believes  that the constitution will protect us from people like Donald Trump. If Adam Smith is really paying attention he would realize that the people that uphold the Constitution are being threatened and challenged to the point of breaking. And when that happens, anarchy begins.

When people sit backward And believe the Constitution is going to save them,  then they have no idea of the fight of generations before which have barely made that true. 

This nation is in a constitutional crisis and the sooner that more people wake up to that fact than later, will be those who protect us from who is in power now. 

Sitting down on your chair so you just say that the constitution will take care of everything is exactly what never happened to most people who have risen up and made the difference  in the world we live in today.  The Constitution does not protect us. The people fighting for it and representing it do. 

EDITED FOR ADDITIONAL THOUGHT.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

Adam Smith still believes that the constitution is going to protect us from what is going on under the Trump administration. He has told us so as he quoted in another thread 80 times or so. 

What Adam Smith doesn’t realize is that the Constitution and the institutions of this nation are under siege and being tested like they have ever been before.  Roseanne Barr is only an example of this.  Thank God ABC shut her down when there  could’ve been  hesitation. 

Adam Smith believes  that the constitution will protect us from people like Donald Trump. If Adam Smith is really paying attention he would realize that the people that uphold the Constitution are being threatened and challenged to the point of breaking. And when that happens, anarchy begins.

When people sit backward And believe the Constitution is going to save them,  then I have no idea of the fight of generations before which have barely made that true. 

This nation is in a constitutional crisis and the sooner that more people wake up to that fact than later, will be those who protect us from who is in power now. 

In reading this, I was reminded of this...

• Members

Anyone who thought the decades mellowed Roseanne were Wrong.    As I've always said, when people show you who they are, believe them.  It usually holds True.

Apologies these days are just financial "damage control", usually coerced, shallow and insincere and robotic.  

I enjoyed the shows reboot, but cannot tolerate her platform.  Her reckless, selfish comments affected her entire cast, who are now unemployed.  Shows her lack of empathy , understanding and concern for not recognizing how her actions would affect the others.   SAD, but ABC did the right (only) thing 

tumblr_p9ifj4UsxP1sv5fdko1_1280.jpg

The clock is ticking waiting for Trumps response and SUPPORT of Roseanne...    You know it's coming !  

7 hours ago, Larstrup said:

When people sit backward And believe the Constitution is going to save them,  then they have no idea of the fight of generations before which have barely made that true. 

Sitting down on your chair so you just say that the constitution will take care of everything is exactly what never happened to most people who have risen up and made the difference  in the world we live in today.  The Constitution does not protect us. The people fighting for it and representing it do. 

EDITED FOR ADDITIONAL THOUGHT.

With all respect. I think the governmental systems that protected us from the Civil War, the proclamations of John Adams as president in the Alien & Sedition Rights, Lincoln himself's suspension of habeus corpus...

..:the system worked, every time. It protected itself.

mien Gott. How many examples have I to present?!

• Members

What strikes me here is that fully 50% of the US citizens believe the Left is just as guilty as the Right in bias, shady deals, unconstitutional actions, etc.  I have to agree with AS that the Constitution is our best and maybe last hope.  The wheels of justice or injustice grind slowly in our Republic but they do grind.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

NEWS FLASH:  This Just in.....

AMBIEN turns you into a racist   :frantics::frantics:  (according to Roseanne) 

Question:  But WHO turned her into Donald Trump,  turning on and attacking her co-stars when they disagreed with her actions..?    That's sooooo Donald !  

Guest Larstrup
On 5/30/2018 at 5:31 AM, AdamSmith said:

With all respect. I think the governmental systems that protected us from the Civil War, the proclamations of John Adams as president in the Alien & Sedition Rights, Lincoln himself's suspension of habeus corpus...

..:the system worked, every time. It protected itself.

mien Gott. How many examples have I to present?!

Yes and with equal respect in return ( and I apologize that this came out in this thread- it belonged in the politics forum) The history which you cite is strong evidence from our past of what we have endured and overcome. 

The constitution for all practical purposes is only a piece of paper. It requires the three branches of government to execute and uphold the laws of that document in its entiriety. Two of the three branches of our government are currently under siege by members of the Republican/ Trump Party who are doing everything that they can to  dismantle and hobble  the functioning of normality.  Only men and women can destroy the functioning of our government by undermining the functionality of our constitution. 

I could give many DAILY examples of this here but I won’t. 

Never before has  there been so many elected enemies of the constitution within an administration or party before.

The pulse of this nation in it’s politics has never been so vile and corrupt in my lifetime. The poison and hate that is Donald Trump is now free flowing into our society like it never has before. Donald Trump brought this hate and chaos From his personal and business world into the White House and is now spreading it throughout this nation on a daily basis. Allowing and encouraging the worst in some to become who many once were and now again are becoming on a daily basis. 

His daily egregious assaults against the  normalcy of who we are as a people and more importantly who we are as a nation  is creating an international and stability to the world.  

The Republican Party who is allowing him to slowly dismantle constitutional norms and replacing them with authoritative principles is something that we all need to be concerned about and something that the constitution is simply not going to protect us from if the people that we have elected to defend the Constitution are complicit in his pathological sickness.

But this was a thread about Roseanne so; White privilege has never stanked  as much as Roseanne who is now trying to apologize. And People now want to compare her firing with what Samantha bee said about Ivanka Trump. 

I’ll just say that when people can’t differentiate  between the two outrages - We’ve fallen into truly difficult times.

Guest Larstrup
3 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

Yes and with equal respect in return ( and I apologize that this came out in this thread- it belonged in the politics forum) The history which you cite is strong evidence from our past of what we have endured and overcome. 

The constitution for all practical purposes is only a piece of paper. It requires the three branches of government to execute and uphold the laws of that document in its entiriety. Two of the three branches of our government are currently under siege by members of the Republican/ Trump Party who are doing everything that they can to  dismantle and hobble  the functioning of normality.  Only men and women can destroy the functioning of our government by undermining the functionality of our constitution. 

Never before has  there been so many elected enemies of the constitution within an administration or party before.

The pulse of this nation in it’s politics has never been so vile and corrupt in my lifetime. The poison and hate that is Donald Trump is now free flowing into our society like it never has before. Donald Trump brought this hate and chaos From his personal and business world into the White House and is now spreading it throughout this nation on a daily basis. Allowing and encouraging the worst in some to become who many once were and now again are becoming on a daily basis. 

His daily egregious assaults against the  normalcy of who we are as a people and more importantly who we are as a nation  is creating an international and stability to the world.  

The Republican Party who is allowing him to slowly dismantle constitutional norms and replacing them with authoritative principles is something that we all need to be concerned about and something that the constitution is simply not going to protect us from if the people that we have elected to defend the Constitution are complicit in his pathological sickness.

But this was a thread about Roseanne so; White privilege has never stanked  as much as Roseanne who is now trying to apologize. And People now want to compare her firing with what Samantha bee said about Ivanka Trump. 

I’ll just say that when people can’t differentiate  between the two outrages - We’ve fallen into truly difficult times.

Also I just need to say this which I forgot. Nobody, not no one , can sit back and say the constitution is going to take care of this for us. No matter what it is. Our history tells us that the Constitution does not protect us and when we find the wrongs that need to be righted,  It is then and only then when the people RISE UP in defiance of that wrong that justice for all bears the fruit which IS OUR  Constitution. 

Okay, thanks, bye.

• Members
12 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

Okay then. We agree on this.

Guest Larstrup

Let us Never forget that just today, this president said two oppisate things within a matter of minutes.  And when can you ever remember a president asking a reporter how much you want to pay for this information? 

Guest Larstrup

TBH, these type moments are what have propelled this nation and the world forward,  when the United States constitution failed US, YET others, who were not sitting back in a rocking chair waiting for change, chose to STANDUP and FIGHT FOR what the constitution once denied us......I for one have little confidence in the constitution to correct where we are going, absent people like US.

2 hours ago, Larstrup said:

Also I just need to say this which I forgot. Nobody, not no one , can sit back and say the constitution is going to take care of this for us. No matter what it is. Our history tells us that the Constitution does not protect us and when we find the wrongs that need to be righted,  It is then and only then when the people RISE UP in defiance of that wrong that justice for all bears the fruit which IS OUR  Constitution. 

Okay, thanks, bye.

I don't disagree at all. He is a very real horror to our institutions. But:

(1) His tearing away the polite masks of Ryan, McConnell et al. and revealing the evil that lies beneath the Republican grand game is, indeed, part & parcel of how our very wily Framers set things up. To reveal to all with eyes and ears to see how the Republic may be going off the rails under any individual Administration; and to correct through subsequent electoral seasons.

(2) We always have the Third Branch, the Courts.

And even if DJT utterly compromises the Supremes for a generation, still the vast majority of cases get adjudicated at the, at most, Federal appellate level. Which retains its sanity, to now. And always will, as it is just too numerous and long-lived to be overturned by any one Executive.