RockHardNYC

Michael Cohen flips.

Guest marylander1940

Whoever didn't get the Hell out of the Taxi business the moment Uber and Lyft emerged is an idiot when it comes to business.

He's also someone who avoided paying taxes, intimidated eyewitnesses and betrayed his own country for money. He ain't the bigger fish but I hope he goes to jail for a long time.

• Members
11 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

Whoever didn't get the Hell out of the Taxi business the moment Uber and Lyft emerged is an idiot when it comes to business.

Maybe. I still use taxis. Manhattan may be the exception. Smart competition tends to thrive here.

Guest marylander1940
2 minutes ago, RockHardNYC said:

If he gets jail time, he may be taking something more unpleasant, depending how you feel about going lubricant-free.

I don't like rape jokes... but I LOVE THIS one!

He even looks like a snob!

• Members

I don't think there is anything that is irrefutable in politics and that is exactly what this is.  What puzzles me is if Cohen is or was really that tight with Trump why try to throw him under the bus now?  That pretty well eliminates any hope of a pardon, no?

Best regards,

RA1

47 minutes ago, RA1 said:

I don't think there is anything that is irrefutable in politics and that is exactly what this is.

The shit-tons of physical evidence the Feds seized from Cohen's premises, and his cell-phone recordings of DJT instructing him to do illegal things in re Stormy Daniels and the other one, which we have now heard firsthand in the media, would seem about as irrefutable as they come. Not political: criminal.

• Members
6 hours ago, RA1 said:

I don't think there is anything that is irrefutable in politics and that is exactly what this is.  What puzzles me is if Cohen is or was really that tight with Trump why try to throw him under the bus now?  That pretty well eliminates any hope of a pardon, no?

Best regards,

RA1

This is the. Same lawyer that was secretly recording his clients.  

Right now he would plead guilty to sexual assault of his mother when she breast fed him as an infant if it would keep the serious charges off his back.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

This is the. Same lawyer that was secretly recording his clients.

I hear Trump taught Cohen to do this. Recording people in meetings without their knowledge has been a Trump tactic for decades. Roy Cohn taught Trump to do this. In NYC business, this has never been a secret. Everyone knew if they were taking a meeting with Trump it would be recorded.

If Michael Cohen brings down Trump, Cohen will go down in history as a hero. The man who saved the United States of America from Trumpism.

I can't wait.

• Members
7 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I found this a very interesting turn of events. A high priced lawyer like Cohen would not plead to anything unless there was a shitload of evidence that is irrefutable.

13 minutes ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

Right now he would plead guilty to sexual assault of his mother when she breast fed him as an infant if it would keep the serious charges off his back.

Everyone pleads. (or gets the book thrown at them in sentencing). 

A good lawyer like him gets the best plea deal. 

• Members

Pleading can be a good deal for the guilty and, obviously, for the prosecution.  The guilty likely will receive a reduced sentence and the prosecution (tax payers) are saved the expense of a trial.  Not such a good deal for the innocent or ignorant.  However, still could be the best deal.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
3 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

I hear Trump taught Cohen to do this. Recording people in meetings without their knowledge has been a Trump tactic for decades. Roy Cohn taught Trump to do this. In NYC business, this has never been a secret. Everyone knew if they were taking a meeting with Trump it would be recorded.

If Michael Cohen brings down Trump, Cohen will go down in history as a hero. The man who saved the United States of America from Trumpism.

I can't wait.

America, the country where Trump was elected president and where Cohen and Omarosa may become heroes. 

faV2QGI.gif

5 hours ago, RA1 said:

Pleading can be a good deal for the guilty and, obviously, for the prosecution.  The guilty likely will receive a reduced sentence and the prosecution (tax payers) are saved the expense of a trial.  Not such a good deal for the innocent or ignorant.  However, still could be the best deal.

Best regards,

RA1

This statement is a wholesale repudiation of the integrity of our judicial system.

If you know of a better one, we are all ears.

• Members
10 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

This statement is a wholesale repudiation of the integrity of our judicial system.

If you know of a better one, we are all ears.

I infer no blame.  This is merely how it works.

Best regards,

RA1

11 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Morbid jokes tend to not make me laugh.

You do not like then the written genre of irony?

That would seem to eliminate about three-fifths of all of literature.

See for further elucidation if interested Anatomy of Criticism, Northrop Frye.

You will truly appreciate & apprehend both.