mvan1

Not the biggest, but close to it

• Members
1 hour ago, gap1972 said:

Congrats on the exciting encounter, mvan1! It was a little scary at first:-)

why we all go back time after time!

Hi Gap - I see your avator is still the interesting building in Sao Paulo that has an observation deck that can be visited by the public.  

I have taken many garotos to that tourist landmark over the years. 

Most Brazilians and others never heard of the building.

After going there with me, several garotos told me they later took their family to see the building with its observation deck.  They were that impressed with the place.

Here is a link in case anyone is interested in knowing a little more about the building and visiting it with friends or a garoto. 

Notice how the building resembles New York's Empire State Building.  The building in Sao Paulo is smaller but was "inspired" by the one in New York:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altino_Arantes_Building

• Members
1 hour ago, BryBro said:

Your Uber encounter makes me want to head to Brazil soon. Thanks for sharing, @mvan1! May I ask, how was he? Will there be a repeat performance whenever you're in SP?

Something like this could only happen in Brazil.

Since you asked how he was - - in a word - - wonderful - 

Will there be a repeat?  I wish I could repeat with him, but I am not optimistic about a repeat performance. 

Someone with his looks and charm is most likely already taken (probably by a wife) or has a long list of admirers.  I think I was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

He offered and gave me his whatsapp number which, to me, implies that he will meet with me again.  Then, he might have given me the number as a matter of being polite.  

I will probably messenger him tomorrow just to say - hello -  If I get a response, I will update this thread.