TotallyOz

Theory Argues ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Is a Coded Coming Out Story

• Members

Just yesterday I listened to Bohemian Rhapsody. If it were a coming out song, it surely was a poor vehicle for that.

I have watched the movie trailer, which, if anything, should turn people off on the movie.

Yet I love the music and a interested in seeing how Malek interprets Freddy. So, I will see it.

(I have a friend who used to date Mercury in his prime. I will see what he has to say!)

• Members
2 hours ago, Lucky said:

Just yesterday I listened to Bohemian Rhapsody. If it were a coming out song, it surely was a poor vehicle for that.

I have watched the movie trailer, which, if anything, should turn people off on the movie.

Yet I love the music and a interested in seeing how Malek interprets Freddy. So, I will see it.

(I have a friend who used to date Mercury in his prime. I will see what he has to say!)

I am not going to the theater, but I will watch it as soon as it is in cable.

You know one of Freddy's ex-lovers! I am all wet!

tumblr_lkdxhh6okN1qb6g5oo1_500.gif

• Members

I saw it this afternoon. Fuck the critics I LOVED IT!  Malex is great!

Watch the 25 minute version of the Queen Live Aid concert on You Tube. Then compare it to the 25 minute version in the movie.

There is the full  version, but wait until after the movie to see that!

I saw it. I loved it.  I'll buy the ITunes version. Amazing movie. 

https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Bohemian-Rhapsody-glosses-over-Freddie-Mercurys-roots-and-religion-just-like-he-did-571554

That article talks about some things left out of the movie but that is life. I thought they did a very nice job of incorporating things into the movie and discussing his sexuality.

On 11/12/2018 at 5:04 AM, BiBottomBoy said:

Still the argument it makes that he told them right before Live Aid t hat he was HIV positive is total bullshit.

Poetic license? ;) They needed to tell a story and I thought an interesting way to do it.

I would have enjoyed seeing a bit more about his life after the concert.