RockHardNYC

Money talks.

1 hour ago, RockHardNYC said:

And as of this morning, it's closer to reality. What a great day for our country! We can almost taste the end of Trumpism in the air.

Almost. But, not yet. However, it does feel a lot better this AM as so many appear to be backing Biden.

• Members
5 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

I'm surprised anyone intelligent would have a need to ask this question.

The Democrats are dead serious about ousting Trump. They see Trump as a threat to truth, the Constitution, and democracy. While I think the behind-the-scenes conversations would be interesting to know, I am thrilled, like many fellow voters, that the Democrats are not going to make the same mistake that the Republicans made in 2016.

Getting behind Biden in early March, with the Bloomberg apparatus supporting Biden, is the way you keep your eye on the prize.

And what exactly is Trump doing on the Wednesday morning shitter? Poking more fun at Elizabeth Warren, which is just one more nail in his coffin.

Everything Trump touches dies. It's time for him to go to hell where he belongs.

And....Warren will endorse Biden. I could be wrong, but no other outcome seems plausible given that she clearly stayed in the race this long in order to sabotage Bernie's vote total and has been smearing Bernie for months now. The "Bernie is a sexist who doesn't think a woman can be President" attack was just gross.

• Members
6 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

I'm surprised anyone intelligent would have a need to ask this question.

The Democrats are dead serious about ousting Trump. They see Trump as a threat to truth, the Constitution, and democracy. While I think the behind-the-scenes conversations would be interesting to know, I am thrilled, like many fellow voters, that the Democrats are not going to make the same mistake that the Republicans made in 2016.

Getting behind Biden in early March, with the Bloomberg apparatus supporting Biden, is the way you keep your eye on the prize.

And what exactly is Trump doing on the Wednesday morning shitter? Poking more fun at Elizabeth Warren, which is just one more nail in his coffin.

Everything Trump touches dies. It's time for him to go to hell where he belongs.

Don't you mean the same mistake the Democrats made in 2016?  Some conservatives were smacking their lips (as you seem to report about Bloomberg dropping out) to think that Bernie would be the opposition.  I think it is a mistake to discount anyone.  Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.  

I certainly agree that the party that gets the best turnout will likely elect the next President.  But, lot of water to go under the bridge between now and November.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
17 hours ago, RA1 said:

Don't you mean the same mistake the Democrats made in 2016?

No I don't. And I'll write more later when I have time. The phones are ringing now that Warren has dropped out.

• Members
20 hours ago, SexyAsianStud said:

And....Warren will endorse Biden. I could be wrong, but no other outcome seems plausible given that she clearly stayed in the race this long in order to sabotage Bernie's vote total and has been smearing Bernie for months now. The "Bernie is a sexist who doesn't think a woman can be President" attack was just gross.

Huh?

Senator Warren talked just now about  another lane, not Progressive or center left. Come on, man.

• Members
23 hours ago, RA1 said:

Don't you mean the same mistake the Democrats made in 2016?

No I don't.

In 2016, Republican party favorite (at least among the backers), Jeb Bush, ended his campaign on Feb 20. Ted Cruz and John Kasich remained in the primary along with Trump all the way until May 3. They continually split their primary vote among three men, allowing Trump to win more primaries with just ⅓ of the vote. Had it only been a two-man race early on, there's no telling what might have happened, given the number of never-Trumpers out there at that time. In 2020, the Democrats will not let this mistake happen, and I predict they will coalesce to Biden, which is already happening. And it's only March 5th.

Obviously, some Trump acolytes don't think it was a mistake to get in bed with the Mafia don devil. Against Hillary, they saw Trump as their only chance to win. They believed no one but the devil could beat Hillary. (I'm certainly not saying Hillary was a saint, but she's no Trump, and IMO, she's a much better human being.)

Hillary won the popular vote in 2016 by almost 3 million people, a FACT that Trump acolytes love to ignore. Considering the shit that went down in the 2016 election (the Russians, WikiLeaks, the server, Comey, and Anthony Weiner), Hillary still broke popular vote records against Trump. But her campaign failed by taking Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan votes for granted. Losing these three states by such narrow margins was the biggest mistake of her campaign.

I always thought the hatred towards Hillary was irrational, extremely partisan, and very sexist and misogynistic. Very much like Obama, I believed Hillary had the potential to make a terrific president. I also believed she was the most qualified candidate this country has seen in my lifetime, despite her obvious flaws. However, she handled her in-home server scandal horribly, which gave her hate-filled opposition plenty of ammunition to destroy her presidential bid. And that's precisely what they did.

Edited by RockHardNYC

• Members
23 hours ago, SexyAsianStud said:

Warren will endorse Biden

Well that's the million dollar bet at the moment. I would love to hear those conversations.

Given that Warren was not pleased with Bernie calling her a liar on national TV, given that Warren distanced herself from Medicare-For-All when she finally realized that Pete Buttigieg was correct, given that Warren very much knows where the power dynamic lies within the Democratic Party, my bet is that she will join forces with Biden. Fingers crossed, with an open wallet ready for donating.

I would have voted for Warren in the primary. 

I won't vote in the primary now, since I'm not a fan of biden or sanders.

Whichever one wins the nomination will get my vote in november, but I'm going to focus my giving on senate races.

• Members
17 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

No I don't.

In 2016, Republican party favorite (at least among the backers), Jeb Bush, ended his campaign on Feb 20. Ted Cruz and John Kasich remained in the primary along with Trump all the way until May 3. They continually split their primary vote among three men, allowing Trump to win more primaries with just ⅓ of the vote. Had it only been a two-man race early on, there's no telling what might have happened, given the number of never-Trumpers out there at that time. In 2020, the Democrats will not let this mistake happen, and I predict they will coalesce to Biden, which is already happening. And it's only March 5th.

Obviously, some Trump acolytes don't think it was a mistake to get in bed with the Mafia don devil. Against Hillary, they saw Trump as their only chance to win. They believed no one but the devil could beat Hillary. (I'm certainly not saying Hillary was a saint, but she's no Trump, and IMO, she's a much better human being.)

Hillary won the popular vote in 2016 by almost 3 million people, a FACT that Trump acolytes love to ignore. Considering the shit that went down in the 2016 election (the Russians, WikiLeaks, the server, Comey, and Anthony Weiner), Hillary still broke popular vote records against Trump. But her campaign failed by taking Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan votes for granted. Losing these three states by such narrow margins was the biggest mistake of her campaign.

I always thought the hatred towards Hillary was irrational, extremely partisan, and very sexist and misogynistic. Very much like Obama, I believed Hillary had the potential to make a terrific president. I also believed she was the most qualified candidate this country has seen in my lifetime, despite her obvious flaws. However, she handled her in-home server scandal horribly, which gave her hate-filled opposition plenty of ammunition to destroy her presidential bid. And that's precisely what they did.

I think you are correct that a lot of the powers that be in the Democrat party are getting behind Biden which I assume is partly because Bernie's proposals are very scary.  If he won a thought is that much of what he wants can not be passed.  That in an of itself is a scary thought but one I have heard from local Democrats.

Hillary is a crook, a fact which I happen to personally know.  I don't see how Biden can be viewed otherwise either for at least using undue influence to help his son.

Not sure what the popular vote has to do with your argument.  This still is a republic.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
36 minutes ago, caeron said:

If Hillary is a crook, I'm really sad she isn't president.

Because apparently she's such an amazingly good crook that despite endless investigations by the republicans attacking her, THEY NEVER FOUND ANYTHING.

Amazing how pols protect each other, isn't it?

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
9 hours ago, RA1 said:

I think you are correct that a lot of the powers that be in the Democrat party are getting behind Biden which I assume is partly because Bernie's proposals are very scary.  If he won a thought is that much of what he wants can not be passed.  That in an of itself is a scary thought but one I have heard from local Democrats.

Hillary is a crook, a fact which I happen to personally know.  I don't see how Biden can be viewed otherwise either for at least using undue influence to help his son.

Not sure what the popular vote has to do with your argument.  This still is a republic.

Best regards,

RA1

Hillary Clinton is a crook?  Really?  You sound like a guest on Fox news.

The popular vote my not decide the presidency, but in the overwhelming majority of presidential elections  the winning candidates win both. The Electoral College occasionally helps candidates like John Kennedy claim a much larger victory than the popular vote.

• Members
10 hours ago, RA1 said:

I think you are correct that a lot of the powers that be in the Democrat party are getting behind Biden which I assume is partly because Bernie's proposals are very scary.

I don't think "scary proposals" are what instigate fear among Democrats about Bernie. "Scary proposals" are a Republican talking point. Bernie shares a political style similar to Trump's. He's stubborn, recalcitrant, and a my-way-or-the-highway type of negotiator. Bernie is also not a Democrat. If Bernie were to win, the historical balance of a two-party system in America may forever change. And this change could hurt The Democratic Party for ages to come. That is what scares some people.

10 hours ago, RA1 said:

Hillary is a crook, a fact which I happen to personally know.

If I had a dollar for every time someone called a politician a "crook," people would address me as Michael Bloomberg. Some voters think the simple command of taxing people to pay for community services warrants the label "crook." Frankly, I don't think it's possible to pursue politics or work in public service and NOT have someone call you a crook, especially when the intent is partisan.

But let's talk about the dangers and ramifications of HYPOCRISY.

When you vote for a well known, highly certifiable Mafia don as your leader and put him into the White House, you never again, NEVER get to enjoy the whining, complaining pleasure of calling someone else a crook.

It really is that simple.

10 hours ago, RA1 said:

I don't see how Biden can be viewed otherwise either for at least using undue influence to help his son.

Oh RA1, I wish you didn't make me laugh so hard during dinner. I get food all over my silk pj's.

These are just several links from the first page of a Google search:

How Don Jr., Ivanka, and Eric Trump Have Profited Off Their Dad's Presidency

All the President's Profiting

G-7 at Trump's Doral resort? The original sin of this presidency is failure to divest.

Trump’s children take in millions overseas as president slams Biden’s son

A Look At President Trump's History Of Profiting Off His Presidency

Ka-Ching. Donald Trump is raking in big bucks from emoluments foreign and domestic.

The sad thing about this reality: there are pages and pages on Google when searching for Trump family profiteering from the presidency. There is no such evidence from Joe Biden, so no matter how much the Republicans wish it to be true, voters aren't going to buy into Trump/Kellyanne talking points. Not this election.

11 hours ago, RA1 said:

Not sure what the popular vote has to do with your argument.

The will of the American people. The mandate for any president.

• Members
11 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

I don't think "scary proposals" are what instigate fear among Democrats about Bernie. "Scary proposals" are a Republican talking point. Bernie shares a political style similar to Trump's. He's stubborn, recalcitrant, and a my-way-or-the-highway type of negotiator. Bernie is also not a Democrat. If Bernie were to win, the historical balance of a two-party system in America may forever change. And this change could hurt The Democratic Party for ages to come. That is what scares some people.

If I had a dollar for every time someone called a politician a "crook," people would address me as Michael Bloomberg. Some voters think the simple command of taxing people to pay for community services warrants the label "crook." Frankly, I don't think it's possible to pursue politics or work in public service and NOT have someone call you a crook, especially when the intent is partisan.

But let's talk about the dangers and ramifications of HYPOCRISY.

When you vote for a well known, highly certifiable Mafia don as your leader and put him into the White House, you never again, NEVER get to enjoy the whining, complaining pleasure of calling someone else a crook.

It really is that simple.

Oh RA1, I wish you didn't make me laugh so hard during dinner. I get food all over my silk pj's.

These are just several links from the first page of a Google search:

How Don Jr., Ivanka, and Eric Trump Have Profited Off Their Dad's Presidency

All the President's Profiting

G-7 at Trump's Doral resort? The original sin of this presidency is failure to divest.

Trump’s children take in millions overseas as president slams Biden’s son

A Look At President Trump's History Of Profiting Off His Presidency

Ka-Ching. Donald Trump is raking in big bucks from emoluments foreign and domestic.

The sad thing about this reality: there are pages and pages on Google when searching for Trump family profiteering from the presidency. There is no such evidence from Joe Biden, so no matter how much the Republicans wish it to be true, voters aren't going to buy into Trump/Kellyanne talking points. Not this election.

The will of the American people. The mandate for any president.

I was not calling Hillary a crook.  I was making a statement of fact known personally to me.

Mandates are nice but not necessarily the political will of the people.

I think it is pretty amazing that folks point to the other party when they should be pointing to themselves.  

I really don't know what to wish for during this election season.  Certainly not the pie in the sky points that Bernie makes.  I have said before, I am not happy with a lot of what Trump says and some of what he does, however, I did not make the one sided comments about Obama that some are making about Trump.  Even though I thought Obama a lousy President.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
11 hours ago, RA1 said:

I really don't know what to wish for during this election season.

I'd rather have one night with Benjamin Nicholas than endure another conversation with a Trump voter, even if the conversation is amicable.

• Members
12 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

I'd rather have one night with Benjamin Nicholas than endure another conversation with a Trump voter, even if the conversation is amicable.

How is that different from what I for one would always prefer?

Best regards,

RA1

Edited by RA1

Forgive us if we don't believe you, some random poster on an internet forum, has the magic smoking gun of evil that Hillary has hid from all the republican investigators to date. Well except for your all knowing self.

I'm sure you keep that proof right next to your deed to the brooklyn bridge.

• Members
4 hours ago, caeron said:

Forgive us if we don't believe you, some random poster on an internet forum, has the magic smoking gun of evil that Hillary has hid from all the republican investigators to date. Well except for your all knowing self.

I'm sure you keep that proof right next to your deed to the brooklyn bridge.

Are you speaking for this entire site?  I see your sarcasm but do not necessarily understand it.  I have little to no axe to grind other than the truth.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
3 hours ago, RA1 said:

Are you speaking for this entire site?  I see your sarcasm but do not necessarily understand it.  I have little to no axe to grind other than the truth.

Best regards,

RA1

At least Senator Ted Cruz has decided to self quarantine because he associated with someone at CPAC who has the coronavirus.

I am not a fan of Senator Cruz but people one may dislike are not always "evil.". Please pay attention to the concept that people are very complicated, including Hillary Clinton.

1 hour ago, Buddy2 said:

At least Senator Ted Cruz has decided to self quarantine because he associated with someone at CPAC who has the coronavirus.

I am not a fan of Senator Cruz but people one may dislike are not always "evil.". Please pay attention to the concept that people are very complicated, including Hillary Clinton.

Very valuable observation.

I dislike very much of Cruz’s policy positions, but I absolutely respect his personal integrity.

Rehnquist, whose beliefs I likewise largely abhor, would not have taken C. as a clerk if  in a factual sense C. was not ’sober as a judge.’

Funny how these 2 competing things can go together.

8 hours ago, RA1 said:

Best regards,

RA1

You assert personal knowledge of the criminality of someone who has been investigated repeatedly to no effect. Why would you not think that people doubt you?

• Members
10 hours ago, caeron said:

You assert personal knowledge of the criminality of someone who has been investigated repeatedly to no effect. Why would you not think that people doubt you?

There are many reasons as well as many differences among "not guilty", "innocent" and "declining to indict".  I am sure many Democrats think that Trump is not innocent even though the verdict was not guilty.

Best regards,

RA1

8 hours ago, RA1 said:

even though the verdict was not guilty.

Best regards,

RA1

You well know it was not a ‘verdict.’

It was a political self-interest calculation by 100 variously opposed ‘Congresscriters’, as you yourself correctly name them.

Come on now.

• Members
12 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

You well know it was not a ‘verdict.’

It was a political self-interest calculation by 100 variously opposed ‘Congresscriters’, as you yourself correctly name them.

Come on now.

Exactly as various have done with Hillary and others (self interest political calculation).  However what else would you call the result of a trial (by the Senate)?

Best regards,

RA1