matt4twinks

New member question about who the "police" are here, lol.

• Members

Hi everyone.....I am new here. At least new posting and I have some basic questions.

In every forum I have ever been in there are "special" posters who believe there life is to keep order in a particular area of discussion. I'm curious who you believe these posters are in these areas so I can just have a heads up. I ask this so I don't get too pissed when that "special" poster goes after me, lol. I can just brush it off or ignore them or even block them.

First, who are the grammar police?

Second, who are the condom police?

Third, who are the "boy" police? I do not mean under 18....

I won't ask who the general a-holes are....I will deal when the time comes.

Edited by matt4twinks

I have never seen grammar police here. I don't see condom police here. And, with the name boytoy, I do often see people get their panties in a wad when someone says the word boy but we all know it means over 18. If I ever saw a thread the condoned under 18, the thread would be gone and the poster would be gone.

4 hours ago, matt4twinks said:

In every forum I have ever been in there are "special" posters who believe there life is to keep order in a particular area of discussion.

You may observe from public stats that I am the most prolific poster here. My personal preference is for DISorder.

I think that is a generic of the individuals who post here.

Do look over the 13 years of highly substantive content posted here, & then share your thoughts.

13 minutes ago, Riobard said:

I will getting to the point and got it out of the way, my dear boy. My pet peeve is guys puttings on there condom inside out. 

Riobard,

1. You misused the word puttings: Grammar

2. You called him a boy: Boy police

3. You talked about Condoms: Condom Police

4. I assume that condom was going into an asshole: so 4 for four. :)

jk I just like your response hit all 4 of the posters questions so fast. :)

• Members
On 8/3/2019 at 11:42 PM, matt4twinks said:

Hi everyone.....I am new here. At least new posting and I have some basic questions.

I won't ask who the general a-holes are....I will deal when the time comes.

Good thing too.  :thumbsup:

There have been a number of Major Assholes over the years, but they seem to get drummed out of the corps before they ever make it to Colonel.  I dimly recall a Brigadier General Asshole who served briefly on the Southern flank, but he was such a raging bottom that OZ had to cashier him before all his troops deserted.

If we ever do manage to attract someone with more than one star, you can be pretty sure he’ll pop up in the Politics Forum, so check there when you find yourself ready to deal.

In the meantime, please feel free to send me a private with any other asshole-related questions.  :rolleyes:

q1g1qys6ywsy.jpg

On 8/7/2019 at 10:32 PM, AdamSmith said:

:lol:

• The small town of Ørje, Norway found a way to spice up one of its crosswalks—pedestrians wishing to cross must do so using a silly walk. The town's mayor didn't seem to mind the silliness. "Clearly, one should listen to the authorities, but this kind of fun should be allowed", the mayor said. "You cannot just be square, right?"[9]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ministry_of_Silly_Walks

On 9/23/2019 at 9:04 PM, AdamSmith said:

• The small town of Ørje, Norway found a way to spice up one of its crosswalks—pedestrians wishing to cross must do so using a silly walk. The town's mayor didn't seem to mind the silliness. "Clearly, one should listen to the authorities, but this kind of fun should be allowed", the mayor said. "You cannot just be square, right?"[9]

The crosswalk sign there! :D

https://www.avclub.com/a-crosswalk-in-norway-makes-citizens-do-a-monty-python-1798267633

On 9/23/2019 at 9:04 PM, AdamSmith said:

• Members
1 hour ago, AdamSmith said:

^_^

This reminds me of the first time I flew to Europe.  I was overnighting in Goose Bay, Canada at the Hotel Goose Bay.  Then, the only hotel in town.  I walked into the lobby to discover a man kicking another man while shouting, get out, get out.  When the second man stumbled out the first went behind the counter, straightened his hair and said, may I help you sir.  He was  the hotel clerk.  The second man was an Inuit who was only allowed to drink one night a week and apparently when I was there was the night. A very surreal experience and quite an introduction to international travel.

Best regards,

RA1

On 9/28/2019 at 8:27 AM, Riobard said:

So it was not a warning “slippery when wet” directed specifically to Inspector Jacques Clouseau? 

Your post also seemed to remind me of some separate long-past memory, which I only just now finally recalled.

Couple decades ago I had a friend (straight, married, etc.) who could do the most hilarious imitation of the voice of oceanographer Jacques Cousteau — with reference to those invevitably gorgeous Mediterranean crewboys on his research ship the Calypso as seen in his TV specials: ^_^

’...so now we sail into port to pick up the beautiful boys...’

Same mellifluous mystical voice he used to describe porpoise sightings or whale breachings or whatever.

:D