pauleiro

Risks of meeting guys found on internet sites in Brazil

• Members
2 hours ago, redxs said:

La Cueva in Rio... I have been here twice and always it has been empty.

Which night  or what time is busy to met boys? Or do they advertise special nights?

It is only busy, rather packed on saturdays nites. Other nites are very slow. Not earlier than midnight. 

• Members
18 hours ago, pauleiro said:

In Grindr or Scruff, at least in Rio, there is an increasing number of guys who claim to like "maduros" or "coroas"or "50 +" ie older gentlemen. 

During my first trips to Rio, back 10 years ago, these ads were very rare. They are now common and are basically of 4 types

- the garotos de programa who are identified as such in the ad 

- the garotos who are in fact garotos de programa but who do not identify themselves as GP and try to find an older gentlemen who will think that he is not a guy next door and not a GP

- the garotos really liking older gentlemen, who are of course a very small minority. They are not expecting anything else than finding a boyfriend or starting a relationship with someone older. They are not looking for money. Since my first travel, I met around 15 of these boys and am still in contact with a few of them, even meeting some of them, for dinner or more,  when I am in Brazil

- the  crooks. This is a new category which seems to be growing and I know that there is a gang of these boys operating in Rio and Sao Paulo. They will meet you and then blackmail you, rob you and put pressure on you to get money. 

Below are some of the precautions I take to try to identify the boys who genuinely like older gentlemen : 

- I make it very clear that I am not looking for a GP and I am not prepared to pay for sex (normally the guys from first 2 categories above stop chatting)

- I make it clear that I am not (only) looking for sex but want to have discussion on subjects such as politics, travels, languages, art, music, ... 

- I try to use internet sites which are specialized in bears (and therefore avoid Grindr or Scruff or be even more careful on these general sites)

- I check if they know the places where older gentlemen and younger guys who like them meet together (ie La Cueva in Rio and ABC Bailao in Sao Paulo, or internet sites such as ursosderio, or sauna such as Carioca in Rio or Sauna LeRouge 80 in Sao Paulo)

- Some questions raise a red flag, in particular the question "are you alone in Rio ?" or personnal questions coming too early and not naturrally during the exchange (on job, ...)

- Some attachments also raise a red flag : a too good looking guy -almost a model -, nudes of open asses or huge dicks sent very early in the exchange, ...

- I always meet in a public place first, never in my hotel or apartment. I normally arrive in advance in order to see who is coming, if he is alone, is he looks like the pictures which were sent, etc

- I never ever go to a boy's place. It is an unknown environment and you never know whom you are going to meet. In addition, a movie or pictures of your meeting can be done ... 

I remember the story of this american guy who recently in Rio went with 2 guys he met in the street and with whom he had drinks. He was threatened to be thrown from the window and his head and torso were already out (his shouting made the neighbours call the cops). BTW the 2 guys were working in 117. I saw one of them in 117 a few days after the incident. The other is banned from 117, certainly for other reasons. In addition, it is impossible to know what is going to be 

This advice may be better suited for those of you who prefer twinks or barely legal guys who prefer older daddies or bears — but it doesn’t seem appropriate for those of us who actually like our men to look like men, or who are interested in garotos de programa and don’t at all mind paying for a good time.

• Members

During visits 2017-2019 I set my Grindr XTRA to one filter only: 'muscular' build. I identify as fit coroa/maduro with travel money I wish to spend on dates with option for intimacy mild-to-mild (not "w") and versatil mais pasivo in so many similar terms. Current photos of my rather average looks and 6'/175 frame. 

Have sent props out to hotties whose profiles do not explicitly read "não GP".

Yield: 0, other than JO to several images. That trend has spared me some expenditures, as sometimes the fantasy supercedes a visit to 117 or 202.

I would be more self-conscious about my profile if some older fellows and a few younger slender guys had not hit on me proposing unpaid encounters. I want dinheirophiles not gerontophiles. 

One persistent programa offer from a 40-ish ex-GdeP residing in Gloria ... why bother? 

I did get a little fixated on a short but beefy and hung young stud in Lapa, from the northeast, but our communication was floundering and then we hooked up when he ended up at 202 where I got in queue for a session. LOL.

Pauleiro, great advice. Thank you.

I have met many on the Internet before Grindr and the online apps. I always met with someone and had someone to translate for me if they didn't speak English. I had one guy who I met online and stayed with me for a few months. It was a lucky pick. I think there is a post in the forum with his photo. There are ways to alleviate any risk. Be careful and be smart and that is not just in Brazil, but anywhere.

When I was in NYC, I met a guy off of Craig's List who was hot! A very masculine thug (my type). I met him and he was more feminine that my drag queen bf at the time. When I asked him about his masculine stamp, he said, "I am a butch queen" and snapped his fingers. Needless to say, you can't always tell what you are getting online. :)

• Members
On 8/15/2019 at 10:35 PM, pauleiro said:

It is only busy, rather packed on saturdays nites. Other nites are very slow. Not earlier than midnight. 

Seriously.... each Saturday after midnight this place gets busy? What type of guy?