mvan1

Much shorter walk from Metro to new Lagoa

• Members

The current location of Lagoa is, for those going there by Metro, a five block walk along some downward sloped streets.  Sometimes walking to Lagoa from the Santa Cruz metro station involves dodging cars that want the right-of-way even against those walking in the cross-walk en route to Lagoa.

However, the new location of the sauna is only one block from the Metro station and there is no downward sloped street to use.   That is good news!

For those not driving or going by Uber or by cab, you take the metro "yellow line" (Line number 4) and exit the Metro train and station at Higienopólis-Mackenzie - Higienopolis is a decent neighborhood.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_São_Paulo_Metro_stations

Construction work is still being done on the new sauna.  The estimated completion date keeps changing from "Sometime in October" until November 1. 

Rest assured, Rodolfo will not want to lose a single centavo caused by clients and garotos not being aware of the move and of its new location, thus not showing up at the new location. 

Be assured that Rodolfo will have ads printed and the website of Lagoa updated to reflect the current information when the date is finalized. 

In the meantime,  the old location will not close until the new location is ready for use.  

Edited by mvan1

• Members

The good news (for me, at least) is that the Higienópolis-Mackenzie Metro is only one stop from Republica, a convenient but dicier area where I like to stay and sometimes hang out. Republica, named for its park which is a mix of eclecticism, seediness and cruise, is big city living and it isn’t for the squeamish!  The oft-mentioned Bar Fama is in the Republica area, plus if interested (I’m not), the Chili Pepper hotel / sauna . Also in the Republica area are the Danger Dance Club,  the Seven Cruising Bar, The Aurora Lan House, the often seedy cruise street / park Largo do Arouche, and other joints, bars and adult establishments (straight, gay, and mixed). Of course, the obligatory warning: all of this is completely AYOR and only a fool would venture out alone around these places after dark. 

• Members
On 9/16/2019 at 7:51 AM, likeohmygod said:

I believe that I was right when I was thinking that Rodolfo was recolating to Consolação.

This could even further improve the numbers and the quality of the boys going to Lagoa since the neighbourhood is home of the biggest gay community of SP.

I fear somewhat for the number of boys going there (and local clients too) ... Lagoa was previously in a very “discreet” location for those who didn’t want attention about going to a sauna. Consolação instead is a very lively neighborhood ... with bars, restaurants, nightclubs full of gay guys and young crowd ... chances of running on someone you know (especially for the boys) is much higher. The Augusta street was packed with girl brothels, and most of them closed in the last 6-7 years

• Members
4 hours ago, docbr said:

I fear somewhat for the number of boys going there (and local clients too) ... Lagoa was previously in a very “discreet” location for those who didn’t want attention about going to a sauna. Consolação instead is a very lively neighborhood ... with bars, restaurants, nightclubs full of gay guys and young crowd ... chances of running on someone you know (especially for the boys) is much higher. The Augusta street was packed with girl brothels, and most of them closed in the last 6-7 years

What you wrote makes sense - if the replacement sauna will be located in the Consolação area. 

However, I was told it would be located in Higienopolis, one block from the metro stop.  

Rodolfo refuses to give out the exact address of the new facility.  Why the address is kept secret does not appear to make much sense. 

It seems rather childish to refuse to advise clients and garotos of the new address considering clients and garotos are the sole source of revenue to Rodolfo.    

We do not know that the new location will be Consolação as you wrote.  It might be, however.  

Even my Brazilian friend, who I have known for years and who runs around occasionally with Rodolfo, does not know the location address for the replacement sauna even though he asked Rodolfo on various occasions.  

It seems childlike to keep clients and garotos guessing where the replacement facility will be located.  I don't think Rodolfo's customers enjoy that kind of suspense.  

When Lagoa first opened, it had three equal partners.  The first partner to die did not like Rodolfo so he left his one-third ownership interest to Edgarde which meant that Edgarde owned two-thirds of Lagoa and Rodolfo owned one-third after the death of the first partner. 

Then Edgarde died and left a mess with his estate.  After much negotiating, Rodolfo ended up with Edgarde's two-thirds ownership and now owns one hundred percent of Lagoa.    

When there were three partners running Lagoa, operations went smoothly.  When Edgarde owned two-thirds, Edgarde made the important decisions and the sauna ran well.   Then Edgarde got sick and died.  

Now with Rodolfo being the sole owner, we often see disorganization and child like decisions about a replacement sauna. 

The nonsense of keeping the new address a secret (except to workman/contractors) appears to lack logic. 

I am wondering if there really will be a replacement sauna given all the contradictions to date plus the secret about the address of the new facility.  

Rodolfo told my friend that if the new address is disclosed, clients and garotos will go to the new facility and think the sauna is closed and he will lose money.  That seems like a lame excuse.  

Even the date for opening the new facility keeps changing. 

If there are competent contractors setting up the new facility, it should not require changing the opening date from October to November and then to the middle of December. 

If the new facility is, in fact, located in the Consolação district (as you wrote), I suspect the sauna will not do as well as it does in its current location.  If it is located in Higienopolis, it could do well.  

Over the years of my many visits to Brazil, I have seen countless saunas come and go.  Some saunas seemed stable and were fun.  Then, suddenly, without warning or a hint of any problem, they closed.  Things happened that fast with the saunas I saw close.   

When will we know the actual opening date for the replacement sauna for Lagoa?  When will we know its location address Why is the address a secret?

At one point, Rodolfo shared that the replacement sauna will be only one block from the Higienopólis-Mackenzie metro station. 

Now, it is anyone's guess.   

Edited by mvan1

• Members

Not that this places as a fascinating lottery guessing game, but is it not possible he is taking over Club Rainbow? It is near H-Mac and a client’s review of a few months ago mentioned that a staff member told him the “donors” (which I take to be owner/manag) were letting it go because biz is so poor. Mind you, the venue is open, so there is not likely major reno occurring. 

If you believe every google review you see on the innernet LOL

Parenthetically, there are almost weekly justice reports in the public domain re: legal drama between Rod and what appears to be Ed estate.

001C4CEE-D209-4DA9-93E7-751FE3FCF949.jpeg

Edited by Riobard
Splng

• Members
On 9/27/2019 at 8:00 AM, Riobard said:

Not that this places as a fascinating lottery guessing game, but is it not possible he is taking over Club Rainbow?

Parenthetically, there are almost weekly justice reports in the public domain re: legal drama between Rod and what appears to be Ed estate.

When you wrote "Rod" and "Ed" I assume you meant Rodolfo and Edgarde of Lagoa. 

Where do you see or where can I find the justice reports in the "public domain"?

I thought Edgarde's estate was already closed and that Rodolfo finally got Edgarde's two-thirds of Lagoa. 

Rodolfo claims to be a 100% owner of Lagoa. 

Is Edgards's estate still in probate?

The lady housekeeper that Edgarde had for several years told the court that she was his lover (common law wife) (untrue) and got Edgarde's house and some cash.  There was no will. 

Can it be that Edgarde's estate is still dragging on at least with regard to Lagoa and Rodolfo?  

Edgarde also owned part of Pointe 202 in Rio.  I assume that Junior and his former Brazilian lawyer and part-time lover (Luis) got that settled with Edgarde's estate. 

My oh my.  If my supposition about "Rod and Ed" is correct, it is no wonder Rodolfo is secretive about an address of the supposed replacement sauna. 

Maybe there is no replacement yet or ever will be.  I hope I am wrong.

As I wrote previously, I have seen many saunas come and go in Brazil.  Hopefully, Lagoa will not be in that group of "former" saunas.  Then, again, nothing lasts forever.  

I wonder if the delays in moving Lagoa to a new location and keeping the address secret might just be a smoke screen or charade to keep customers and garotos coming to the current Lagoa facility! 

If a court proceeding is still in process, the question remains, does Rodolfo have authority to move Lagoa to another location if he only owns one-third of Lagoa?

Do you have a link to any justice reports that discuss Edgarde and Rodolfo? 

I realize the reports will be in Portuguese but that does not matter as I can read Portuguese without a problem. 

Much obliged. 

• Members

Well, it was no feat to find it, it took but a few minutes, but I feel I should hold back even though it is not inside info that was shared with me in confidence, and in Brazil such proceedings seem to be open-book in terms of what gets plunked onto the internet. So I have essentially no obligation to him.

But if the brothel move occurs soon and seamlessly after all, there seems to be no value in my revealing more, other than gossip-mongering (which I admit I need to own as far as opening a can of worms and arousing curiosity). The association did not occur to me.

Let's just wait to see the transfer outcome rather than jumping to conclusions about possible residual estate matters and the heretofore ambiguity and mystery of the prospective relocation of Lagoa. The legalese/PTG combo in the summary reports prevents me from making the same suppositions you understandably raised. 

If it turns out a post mortem is in order, we can go back to the drawing board in terms of whether coyness is the best course, or if I risk eviction from the league of gentlemen, or worse, accusations of fake news. 

This should keep a few of you busy. LOL

• Members
4 minutes ago, Riobard said:

Well, it was no feat to find it, it took but a few minutes, but I feel I should hold back even though it is not inside info that was shared with me in confidence, and in Brazil such proceedings seem to be open-book in terms of what gets plunked onto the internet. So I have essentially no obligation to him.

But if the brothel move occurs soon and seamlessly after all, there seems to be no value in my revealing more, other than gossip-mongering (which I admit I need to own as far as opening a can of worms and arousing curiosity). The association did not occur to me.

Let's just wait to see the transfer outcome rather than jumping to conclusions about possible residual estate matters and the heretofore ambiguity and mystery of the prospective relocation of Lagoa. The legalese/PTG combo in the summary reports prevents me from making the same suppositions you understandably raised. 

If it turns out a post mortem is in order, we can go back to the drawing board in terms of whether coyness is the best course, or if I risk eviction from the league of gentlemen, or worse, accusations of fake news. 

"Well, it was no feat to find it, it took but a few minutes"

Can you provide a link where I might start to hunt for the estate discussions?

I am not asking you to reveal anything about what you read.  Just the link is all I need -

I am very familiar with estates and how they are administered.  Having such a link would make matters clear to me.   

I have spent time looking for a link but nothing shows.   This is odd because you said it took you "but a few minutes" to find the link or case. 

Could I be so dense that I cannot locate a link you said took you but a few minutes to find?

I am not asking for a legal opinion - rather, just the link you used to find the frequent reports you said you saw. 

"But if the brothel move occurs soon and seamlessly after all, there seems to be no value in my revealing more,"

The move is not going seamlessly. 

There are contradictions and delays but the strangest part about the supposed move is the secrecy of an address for the new facility.

Considering you are proficient with finding computer data, can you let me know the link you used to find the estate?

I am not asking you for an opinion about the case, just the link so I can read the material for myself.

Much obliged.

• Members
7 hours ago, Riobard said:

Even though you were playing a game on me, I ended up learning something from your game.   Therefore, all is well that ends well.  

I eventually remembered that the firm where I am affiliated in the U.S. is a Nexis-Lexis subscriber.  And I am an authorized user with my own password. 

I had no idea that as of a couple of years ago, Brazil legal documents became available to Lexis-Nexis.  

I tried to access the documents a little while ago but the Brazilian site is shut down until Monday. 

Once I get access, if the Brazil site is similar to the U.S. site, I will be able to view each and every document submitted to the court for Edgarde's estate.   With Lexis-Nexis in the U.S., we can view any and all court documents filed with the court clerk.  I hope and assume one can do the same with the Brazilian documents.  We will see.

In addition, if there is currently a dispute filed between Rodolfo and Edgarde's estate about Lagoa, I will be able to view that also. 

Depending on the sensitivity of the issues, I might not report back here.  However, if, as Rodolfo said, the estate is closed and he now owns 100% of Lagoa, I can report that. 

The documents might even show the address for the alleged "new location" if there really is a new location. 

Lexis-Nexis is a wonderful tool and time saver - but it is expensive - It has a competitor that claims to be better but I am happy with Lexis-Nexis and see no reason to change to another provider. 

https://www.lexisnexis.com/uk/lexispsl/competition/document/391332/5BJ4-9351-F187-72BC-00000-00/Brazil_merger_control__2017_

-

Edited by mvan1

• Members

Just in case anyone is interested in this excellent company, here is a little history and its current status:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LexisNexis

And no, the documents found on Lexis-Nexis cannot be found for free on Google!  Thus, a statement like " Well, it was no feat to find it, it took but a few minutes" - is false. 

Can you believe, the Chinese banned Lexis-Nexis in China?

"Pursuant to instructions from Chinese authorities, in 2017 LexisNexis withdrew Nexis and LexisNexis Academic from China.[51"

Edited by mvan1

• Members

I found brief online judicial documents related to the "espolio" (spoils, estate) of E in which R is named. I do not know what their significance is. I could care less. I accessed thru Google search. I have no CIA and not much online skill. 

I do not know your legal search engine and have no desire to register or pay.

They R-E files seem to commence Aug21/2018. I had formerly suggested a longer time period but docs previous to that date seem to be related to R and other issues. I had only quickly scanned them. They seem to refer to a company name unrelated to Lagoa.

I can verify what I found by releasing the search clues, but I said I was reluctant to do so. I do not feel uncomfortably entrenched or troubled by accusations of mendacity. Go ahead and do what you want to pursue further. I think you have the motivation and time. But if there is a financial fee, I would have to question your level of investment in the outcome of Lagoa when it seems its future will be revealed within a few months.

• Members
4 hours ago, Riobard said:

I found brief online judicial documents related to the "espolio" (spoils, estate) of E in which R is named. I do not know what their significance is. I could care less. I accessed thru Google search. I have no CIA and not much online skill. 

I do not know your legal search engine and have no desire to register or pay.

They R-E files seem to commence Aug21/2018. I had formerly suggested a longer time period but docs previous to that date seem to be related to R and other issues. I had only quickly scanned them. They seem to refer to a company name unrelated to Lagoa.

I can verify what I found by releasing the search clues, but I said I was reluctant to do so. I do not feel uncomfortably entrenched or troubled by accusations of mendacity. Go ahead and do what you want to pursue further. I think you have the motivation and time. But if there is a financial fee, I would have to question your level of investment in the outcome of Lagoa when it seems its future will be revealed within a few months.

Let it go!

You do not even know the last names of Edgarde and/or Rodolfo - Without the names, how could you have done a search for a legal matter concerning those two?   

You claim to have found documents via a free search, but you decline to present the documents.

You do not present the documents because they do not exist.  

Do you really expect anyone to believe that you found legal documents about those two through a free search while searching in English when all the documents are in Portuguese, again, without using or knowing the last names?

You are funny.  

At least you gave me a good laugh for today - for that I say "thanks"

• Members

Thinking of a visit to Sao Paulo for a weekend mid-november during my trip to Brazil. Does anyone know if the old Lagoa will still be open? I would hate to go to Sao Paulo and get caught in the period between the old Lagoa closing and before the new location opened.

• Members

It's a one-sided tug-of-war ... I am not the one rope-burning my palms, though you may be doing so, mirthfully as you suggest. 

In your world, my not reporting and stating the two conventional double surnames = not knowing them.  Whatevs, boss.

BTW, Edgard does not have the added 'e'.

• Members
12 minutes ago, Riobard said:

BTW, Edgard does not have the added 'e'.

I don't know how I can stop laughing at what you write!

I first met Edgarde more than fifteen years ago.  As discussed, he was the 2/3 % owner of Lagoa.  I went to Lagoa more than one hundred times over the years. 

I spoke with Edgarde countless times at Lagoa and went to dinner with him twice along with his other friends.  I have been to his house and have met his lady housekeeper who now lives at the house that Edgarde owned.      

However, you know more about spelling Edgarde's name than I.  Hilarious!

Just because some other posters on this forum have misspelled Edgarde's name when mentioning him, does not mean the letter "e" should be omitted in spelling his name correctly.  

Please sit down and try to think of more funny things to write.  It is a dull Sunday and a few more absurd comments from you would make the day go by faster with laughter.