floridarob

Fragata Closing???

Was in Fragata tonight and one of the employees (not boy) told me they are planning to close in january......the owner of the building (same as owner of the sauna) is selling for 7 million reis, who know what the truth is, but he's been there 15 yrs.

He said they are going to open another sauna...IN THE NEXT STATE OVER!

So, like my previous post jokingly asking about opening a sauna between us, I think SP is indeed the place to do so. Salvador has 5 saunas with GP's .....there must be a demand here

Edited by floridarob

• Members

I know the economics of setting up a sauna and maintaining it has been discussed several times but it really baffles me that A huge city like Sao Paulo has just 2 Saunas (with GPs) and now one is allegedly is closing. I just don't get it, is it bad business practices coupled with a lack of clients or what?

• Members
On 11/6/2019 at 11:41 PM, brockmiller said:

I know the economics of setting up a sauna and maintaining it has been discussed several times but it really baffles me that A huge city like Sao Paulo has just 2 Saunas (with GPs) and now one is allegedly is closing. I just don't get it, is it bad business practices coupled with a lack of clients or what?

I thought Club Rainbow has GPs ...
Didn't check it out when I was in SP last month.

Edited by buttercawan

• Members
On 11/9/2019 at 4:56 AM, sydneyboy1 said:

Should I add that Fragata’s demise has been predicted many times in the past. Let’s hope that like Mark Twain it can boast that reports of its death have been greatly exaggerated.

A reliable source close to Fragata mentioned that the location will shutter its doors as a sauna by February 1 or earlier. 

• Members

There is no indication the location is changing. What we know is that there is a marquee event Jan 25th, suggesting Fragata will run as usual into the New Year. It may be a ‘code blue’ with rumours of its impending death not greatly exaggerated. Maybe not (dbl negative). Fun to forecast, pointless to predict. 

Edited by Riobard

• Members
34 minutes ago, Riobard said:

There is no indication the location is changing. What we know is that there is a marquee event Jan 25th, suggesting Fragata will run as usual into the New Year. It may be a ‘code blue’ with rumours of its impending death not greatly exaggerated. Maybe not (dbl negative). Fun to forecast, pointless to predict. 

Gotcha that clarifies it for me thanks!

• Members

Was there last week, and the drag queen at the show on house announced it was her last show at Fragata, quickly to correct herself - last show at the current address. 
When I was leaving the house, I just asked the guy that was at the reception if it was true that Fragata was closing - he said : Yes, we close on Sunday 22th, but open on January 25th at a new address on Pacaembu - and pointed to the flyers saying just that and including the new adress (I just got one flyer to post here and look where the new adress is, but now have no idea what happened to it - getting old I guess)

If I’m right with the dates, it closed last night.

• Members

It is beyond me why the new address is not posted on social media ... and why the now closed address was posted on the banner ads for Jan 25th when the new address is obviously established. 

It appears that the new name is Thermas 555 (I think with the ‘h’), but  I cannot make out the address from the verbal announcement.